Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Natural and Recreational are usage threatened

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Natural and Recreational are usage threatened

If this is against the forum rules than please feel free to delete this thread, and I offer my apologies for breaking the rules. I usually don't do this sort of thing, but it has potential for effecting all of us in the long run.

This is a link to a discussion on another forum regarding the possible closing of a recreational and natural area. The location is Cape Hatteras NC, an area noted for beautiful beaches, surfing, and surf fishing among other recreational activities. With the help of $20 million dollars in donations from an automaker the National Audobon Society wants to shut down ALL beach access in the area. No trucks on the beach, no surfing on the beach, not even taking a walk on the beach with your wives or girlfriends. All to save an endangered species of bird that hasn't been spotted in the area for decades. If the Audobon Society prevails it's a matter of time before they target an area close to your heart and home to shut down, they must be stopped.

The first link is to a forum with much good info on who to contact to voice your opinion on the matter.

http://www.theburningreel.com/forums...ccess-ban.html

The second link is for an online petition to sign if anyone is interested.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...-alliance.html

I know alotta guys here hunt, fish, and enjoy offroading, so thats why I posted the info here, thanks for reading.