Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

National Anthem--the right way

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
National Anthem--the right way

If you want to watch how the National Anthem is suppose to be sung, take a look at this video. This is one of the best I have ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCVS57j284
Jay
Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I remember from learning and playing our anthem on trumpet for over ten years, the tempo was a little slow. Two reasons that might be: because of fighting the acoustics of the room, and a little artisic expression.

That said, I loved it! It is a much better representation than almost any pop singer arrangement you are likely to see at the begining of any NASCAR race. There is a certain pomp and circumstance that song is to be presented with, and those girls are spot on with that!

I get so tired of watching our song get butchered at sporting events by people who feel the need to modify it to "show off". In my unimportant opinion, Military bugel corps, traditional orchestra, good high school and college bands and the version played during the Olympic ceremonies are usually the ones who get it "really" right. God bless them for doing so also! When performed in the right tempo and brilliance, it leaves me with a tear every time. Those girls got very close to that, and they appear to be about ten!