Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My truck got "Hit & Run" last night. Pretty mad.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
I was born in San Angelo, you are a brave man to visit a "flop N' wiggle" in San Angelo. Where were you when it happened? I'm scared to drive in San Angelo when people are sober, let alone when they've been drinking. I think there is a town wide game of who can drive the furthest blindfolded without hitting anything. Tell the kid's parents, that usually works well for his punishment.
Yeah I never actually made it there, but, we were going to attempt! I was at the Scrub Pub when it happened. You're right, this place has some pretty stupid drivers!

Go figure. As far as the company vehicle that is in your favor. You will get this settled much quicker than if it was a private owner. Companies will do what it takes to get things settled. They don't want the bad PR or the hassle of going to court. As far as the driver goes he was probably the company owners son. Daddy will smack his hand for you.
Yeah I figured I should update you guys. Talked over everything with the company. They're not allowed to take the trucks out home anymore, they want "the **** things" parked there every night now. The owner wrote me a check based on an estimate for a little over $500...not a bad deal. I gave him two estimates...one was about $515 and one $580. He told me not to spend it all in one place. I didn't...I had a wedding to go to a few weeks later so I finally bought myself a nice suit, and a couple other things.

I'm glad it went smooth though.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I didn't read thru all the replies, but did see the the company was stepping up to take care of it. it reminded me of a story my dad tells.

Years ago, he worked at a Montgomery Wards as a TV repairman in Little Rock Arkansas. Merele Haggard's cousin worked there as another repairman, maybe apliances or something. Said he was the sptiin image of Merle. Anyway, Merle's cousin came in on a Monday morning with a towing bill. He had gotten his service van stuck in the mud somewhere. The service manager almost paid it, till he noticed it was time stamped for about 3 or 3:30 in the morning, and the address on the location was a "flop and wiggle"

So I guess the Haggard family really lived the drinking days of the songs that help make Merle famous.