Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My truck got "Hit & Run" last night. Pretty mad.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I contact the owner of the company, tell him exactly what happened, and show him the police report. Then explain to him that you're not out to be a Flop' n 'wiggle ( sorry just had to ) but you want this problem fixed and fixed NOW!!

I'd demand that he not only fixes your bumper, but fully replaces it with a new one, and have him fix whatever other damage was done.

Then I'd demand that he finds out what employee did it............FIRE him and report him to the police, and also ( if possible ) fire his buddies that were with him!!

Hopefully the guy is cool about it..........when all reality he has to be since this was done with a company truck!

Just give the owner a call and see where it goes from there, hopefully no lawyers are gonna be needed!

Good luck man

~Nick
Old 02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dave88LX
One person said to sue them. Sue them for what though?. . .Before I go to the company, I need a plan, an objective. "What do I want out of this specifically?"
Contact a lawyer.
Most, if not all, have a free consultation to decide if you have a case.

phox
Old 02-02-2006, 11:35 PM

I have NO sympathy for a drunk driver. Drinking and driving WILL get someone killed, and it will probably be someone other than the person drinking. If I were you; I wouldnt have any hard feelings against the company(dont try to hurt them), just try to get the guy fired, and make sure the police deal with him and get him what he deserves. If someone drinks at home; it doesent bother me. If they are drinking and driving, that is VERY dangerous. Go as far as you can with it towards the guy driving.

Eric
Old 02-03-2006, 01:10 PM

I decided to just go down to the company today and talk to them to see what they would do for me. The owner said that he'd get it taken care of for me, and that to let him know what it's going to cost, and he'll just write me a check for the cost of the bumper, plus pay me to install it, or however I wanted to do it.

When I told him what happened he said to the other guy "Those guys aren't taking those trucks home ANY MORE from here, they're going to keep the gosh darned things parked here EVERY night from now on!" (to that effect)

Then one of the other guys (owners grandson) came out to take a look at it, and said that yeah, the kid's got a habit of running his mouth when he's been drinking beer, and ready, get this...he's already got TWO! DUI's under his belt!!! One from when he was 18. So they said that they will pay for this, well rather, HE will pay for it, and it's going to come out of his pay, and that he's going to have to take his company truck away now.

So, I think everything went pretty fairly. Owners grandson owns/works at a truck accessory shop actually, so said I could call down there and see if they had a replacment front bumper; but I was thinking they might give him a heads-up and only sell it for like $50 really cheap or something, so I might do a little calling around.

But honestly, the company's stepping up to take care of the problem, without any hesitation or problem, so that's all that I really wanted out of this. I can't make them fire the guy, but, their solution works for me.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:30 PM

Noone answered the question "what's a flop & wiggle"

I would suggest an adult establishment serving beverages of various strengths served by scan tilly clad ladies and or gents hopefully the former.

Perhaps performing the odd "couch dance"
Old 02-03-2006, 01:35 PM

You got it.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But honestly, the company's stepping up to take care of the problem, without any hesitation or problem, so that's all that I really wanted out of this. I can't make them fire the guy, but, their solution works for me.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Sometimes, cooler heads prevail. Glad to see it is working out right.

Flop"N"Wiggle
Old 02-04-2006, 09:31 PM

Welcome to alcohol.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Timmay2
Welcome to alcohol.
Idiots. I have drank before (even to excess) and never done anything behind the wheel or even gotten into a bar fight. As have most of my freinds. The ones that have been roudy (or behind the wheel) arn't the brightest in the first place even when sober.

Intoxication is no excuse for stupidity.

Randy
Old 02-13-2006, 07:13 PM

I am catching this thread about a week or so after the fact...anyway, if you are talking about the plastic bumper clips that hold everything together on the underside, those can't be replaced. They are plastic 'welds' and once they break, they are done for and can't be fixed. I tried getting my bumper fixed at a body shop (one of my clients) and was told that I would have to replace the whole bumper.

let me know if you find out different!

Good luck!!
Old 03-21-2006, 01:46 AM

Thanks for the tip Bugleboy. I went TDY to San Diego for a couple weeks, I'm going to get some prices this week on it and call the company back. I hate waiting so long to do this!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the tip Bugleboy. I went TDY to San Diego for a couple weeks, I'm going to get some prices this week on it and call the company back. I hate waiting so long to do this!
I was born in San Angelo, you are a brave man to visit a "flop N' wiggle" in San Angelo. Where were you when it happened? I'm scared to drive in San Angelo when people are sober, let alone when they've been drinking. I think there is a town wide game of who can drive the furthest blindfolded without hitting anything. Tell the kid's parents, that usually works well for his punishment.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:54 AM

Any vehicle code violation goes on your driving record. I remember years ago when I was about 18 I was walking and a car almost ran over me. I kicked the guys quarter panel as he passed me. To make a long story short... the guy that almost ran me over went to the police and got me busted for vandalism. It effected my insurance rate for years as it was on my driving record even though I was a pedestrian. Go figure. As far as the company vehicle that is in your favor. You will get this settled much quicker than if it was a private owner. Companies will do what it takes to get things settled. They don't want the bad PR or the hassle of going to court. As far as the driver goes he was probably the company owners son. Daddy will smack his hand for you.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:53 PM

my truck (old 1500) was hit a few years ago while parked. Dont worry, talk to your insurance agent, you wont pay a dime, and there is no reason a mark should go on your record if you are NOT in the vehicle at that time, even if it for some reason went on your record, it would also be in conjunction with a none occupied vehicle hit and run. I honestly wouldnt worry to much, if you are really worried about it, talk to a lawyer. But again, I am telling you, shouldnt affect you at all.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:29 PM

I think it would be a good time to put on an after market bumper.

Quick Reply: My truck got "Hit & Run" last night. Pretty mad.