Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My Neighbor is a FAKER

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Maybe I'm being too nosey.....
I'm curious as to what this neighbor does for a living that would consider digging a 100' trench and breaking up a concrete walkway as "acceptable" for an individual who is considered "Not able to work".
Old 08-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TURN HIM IN! Let the proper folks investigate. If he's in the right....fine. If he's not....get him off the free ride role.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And keep up the hard work yourself in the meantime, MILLIONS on welfare depend on you...
Old 08-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mainer
Thats my point, just let the employer know whats going on. Then let him handle it. Thats what I would do, whats the worst that can happen you find out he is not comminting fraud. and if he is then you will be helping out some people. IDk just my 2 cents

Coop
That was my point as well.
Don't just sit idley by and watch someone break the law, where I come from that's called an accessory.

phox
Old 08-27-2005, 12:55 PM

Reading your posts makes me feel like I am not alone in my feelings about what he is doing. I had considered taking pictures but he did the ditch digging while I was off at work. He also was sneaky, by hiding his trench with the truck and those big 80 gallon plastic trash cans, so it was pretty difficult to see the ditch when driving by. The trench is perpendicular to the road and along his property line that adjoins my next door neighbor. He replaced the water line to the back of his property and has filled in the trench now. No he does not have any serious health issues like the big C or other. I came home from work early on Wed. and busted him tearing out the concrete walkways. He had a really scared look on his face as I drove by, it was almost like I could see him think oh crap……… that looks like a county car.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:30 PM

Tough choice .... I s'pose.
But if he really IS working the system over, you are in the position to take care of it. You can make an anonymous call to report the activity ... It doesn't mean that he is guilty, it doesn't mean that he is going to hate you forever for bringing the heat on him ... it DOES mean that the system has flaws and this is one way that they can keep things under control.
You are a citizen that freely pays taxes to pay for government programs that are there to do right by the American people ... it is within your rights as a citizen to make sure that this is not being abused. By doing NOTHING, you would be just as guilty. He may be totally innocent, but check it out for your own piece of mind.

PISTOL
Old 08-27-2005, 06:41 PM

I don't know the extend on his injury, but I've had something similar happen to me when I was working for UPS. I was forced not to work for 10 days. I begged the supervisors to find something I could do because I didn't want to sit on my *** for 10 days. After about 3 days they let me sort packages. Atleast it kept me active.

All I had was 4 stitches in my knee

Being a neck injury it could simply be that they wont let him work because of the pain meds he's on. Or he could be milking the system, I'd try to find out a little more about it first.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:28 PM
LCH

I know this guy that was on workers comp for months with his back all the while he was going all over the southeast racing mountain bikes. Some of the places he was riding I've also been to riding my dirtbike, no way I'd care about riding a mountain bike there. When you ask him how he does it he says " the bike doesn't hurt me ". He got a settelment out of the city and he still does'nt work, his wife keeps him up. Awhile back he said he could use something steady and asked me for a job, I said I don't think so and don't ask why because our wives are friends and I don't want to hurt her feelings.
You know my partner and I have to pay that high workers comp so we don't have to worry if one of our guys falls or something and one of the reasons its so high is because of people cheating and getting settelments. They put a cap on the amount your allowed to collect on a settelment now because of this very thing and that hurts the guy that really is hurt, now he might not get what he needs for his family. Man what a subject! As a buisness owner I want to take care of my workers so we have the comp. ( and its the law now ) but this screwing these guys think they're giving the insurance companys is coming right back to the little guy not the insurance company! idiots How many of these can you use in one thread? I could go on and on with this one... ...LCH
Old 08-27-2005, 11:57 PM

I walked buy the guys house today wanting to talk to him but he was not in the yard.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sad but true, when it all comes down to it, people only look out for themselves. This workers comp thing gets abused and its too bad for the people that actually do get hurt and have to rely on it for income. Fraud needs to be addressed by everyone, if it is indeed fraud.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 AM

Looks like he was feeling the pressure. He left for work this morning the same time as me 6:15 I didnt have much respect for this guy before this for some other reasons but what little respect I had for him is gone now. I know love thy neighbor.......but come on ya have to draw the line somewhere.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:32 AM

This reminds me of the story about Little Johnny sitting on the park bench eating candy bars one after the other. An old man sitting across from him said "You know eating all that candy will give you high blood pressure, acne and bad teeth." Little Johnny said "my grandfather lived to be 107 years old" The old man said "By eating candy bars one after the other?" And Johnny said "No by minding his own business!"
I think there is a little lesson in there somewhere!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:52 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Barry Smith
This reminds me of the story about Little Johnny sitting on the park bench eating candy bars one after the other. An old man sitting across from him said "You know eating all that candy will give you high blood pressure, acne and bad teeth." Little Johnny said "my grandfather lived to be 107 years old" The old man said "By eating candy bars one after the other?" And Johnny said "No by minding his own business!"
I think there is a little lesson in there somewhere!
VERY Good Barry, I can see myself using this story!

Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DustyRock
Looks like he was feeling the pressure. He left for work this morning the same time as me 6:15 I didnt have much respect for this guy before this for some other reasons but what little respect I had for him is gone now. I know love thy neighbor.......but come on ya have to draw the line somewhere.
And your SURE we're not talking Jealously here!!!???

Let the man have a vacation for God's sake!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
After he gets feeilin better and back to work, he might start snitchin to someone about someones truck smoking too much only to find they had a tampered Ij pump.
I wouldn't want to rat out anyone unless it was endangering my life or someones elses.
I think stupid people will get caught all by themselves.
What kind of tension is that going to cause between you and your neighbor witchever which way it goes?
But that is just me.

Quick Reply: My Neighbor is a FAKER