Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My Neighbor is a FAKER

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Neighbor is a FAKER

My newest neighbor works for the county. I have been seeing him at home for over a month, was thinking he must be on a long vacation. Found out last week he is at home on disability after something at work hit him in the neck. Here is the kicker, if he is hurt how is it possible that he dug over 100 feet of ditch down his gravel driveway for a new water line, and is out there right now removing his concrete walkways? I am really irritated that he is bilking the system. Am I wrong for feeling like this?
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM

No your not wrong. Everytime someone works the system, wheather it's workmans comp fraud, welfare fraud, insurance fraud we as tax payers pick up the tab.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check with the County to see who manages their Workmans Comp fund.
I bet they have a fraud division, and you might even get a reward out of it.

Pretty sure you can even do it anonomously, and still get the reward if they offer it.

Oh, hurry and get pictures or better yet, video of him being "disabled".

phox
Old 08-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
He's not a faker, he's a crook.
Insurance fraud is illegal last time I checked.
It could earn him a different kind of vacation,........ in the graybar hotel.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Easy boys... he may be capable to work and the "system" won't allow him too for a certain amount of time. OR he may be following a Dr's advise to stay out of work and he can't stand to watch TV. OR he may be following his attorney's advise. OR the county doesn't want him back too soon because (a)he's accident prone or (b) the county doesn't want to be involved in a law suit because he injures himself or someone else due to returning to work before his dr. releases him.
Nat
Old 08-26-2005, 08:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very good point.
Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have no fear, the insurance company and taxpayers will make up for his fraud.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:33 PM

I feel that it is more likely that he is committing fraud. It wouldn't hurt to make a few phone calls and turn him. Then you will fell you have done the right thing and let the employer do what they need to do.

just my 2 cents

coop
Old 08-26-2005, 08:41 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whooaa..... mainer, thats taking it a bit far. I would feel like a royal jerk if in fact he has testicular cancer or some other illness in addition to his work related injury. Maybe I'm going a bit too far here..................

Let the guy burn himself, people like that never really "win" in the end.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:10 PM

I'm with P.J. on this one, don't do anything until you're confident you have all the facts.
Nat
Old 08-26-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I guess I see both sides...

For all you know, he could be on some prescription medication where he can't operate the county's heavy equipment, and the county won't let him come back to work even if he may want to...

On the other hand, if you were to call, his employer would probably know something like that, and would know that he isn't doing anything wrong working around the house while he isn't being allowed to return to work.

In other words, if you decide to call with your concerns, don't accuse him of doing something wrong, just tell them what you saw, and leave it to the employer to determine if there is a problem...

I think I lean more toward PJ on this one, though, and I probably wouldn't mention anything unless I knew the facts.

Just an example from personal experience, when my mom was dying from lung cancer, for a time she did not outwardly appear disabled (unless she tried to walk very far).

If someone would have seen her using a disabled parking and confronted her...
Old 08-26-2005, 09:33 PM

Thats my point, just let the employer know whats going on. Then let him handle it. Thats what I would do, whats the worst that can happen you find out he is not comminting fraud. and if he is then you will be helping out some people. IDk just my 2 cents

Coop
Old 08-27-2005, 07:23 AM

natstayl has given you some good advice!!! that you mind your own buisness, when dealing with someones life and livley hood you better just leave it alone and go about your own buisness. Way too often we judge before we know the facts. Life is hard enough by itself without the addition of judgmental neighbors thrown on top of it!! Don't get me wrong I disagree wholeheartedly about fraud and work comp cheaters but it is not you buisness to jump to conclusion about your neighbor. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 08-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why dont you just ask him yourself? GIT-R-DONE
Old 08-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Chapter President

I have been out on workers comp for 1 year and 8 months now with a injury to my left hand (no feelings in my fingers) and my job has no light duty work within the doctors limits

This doesn't stop me from doing things around the house

I have been spy-ed on by a private detective and been video taped....only to find that the insurance company and my doctor viewed the video and my doctor saw nothing wrong with what they taped everything was within his set limits

My point is many company's don't have a return back to light duty work programs for injured employees.....my company only has employment for fully able workers

Your neighbor mite be within doctors orders

Quick Reply: My Neighbor is a FAKER