Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My doggie died today... (German Shepard)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy My doggie died today... (German Shepard)

Not a good day for me. I came out this morning to feed the horses and looked to be greated by my dog. Not even a look. Called her 3 times. She didn't even budge. I knew it was bad. Feed the horses and came back to check on her. She was dead. Said a prayer for her and buried her this morning. I got her when she was 2. Had her checked at the vet and she had heart worms. Tried to treat her to prevent more with no success. She lived an addition 8 years. Feed her and saw to her every need. Gonna miss her. The last 8 years she had a good life.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...

We have a GSD and she just turned 6....we have had her since she was 5 weeks old......she is a member of our family. I can't imagine losing her.

Do you have any pics of her?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:35 PM

No digitals with me.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sorry for your loss, these animals sure do get to be more than just pets.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:52 PM

I don't have pets..... I have extended family. Wouldn't take a nickle for them. I consider them all family.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry.

I'm sorry to hear 'bout your best friend. I had a black German Shepherd, below, that I had to put down last September. She was a week from 13 and had been next to me since she was 6 weeks old. It was one of the hardest things I have done. Puttin' her down almost killed me.

On a lighter note, I finally decided on her successor.....Dudley Sue...my new little girl. She is an Anatolian Shepherd. She was born April 16th. I have some photos on my band website if you want to look at them and cheer up a little.

http://possumspeckerband.i8.com/slid...pg&show=Dudley
Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Unhappy

Im very sorry for your loss. We have no children, so our dogs are our kids. They mean the world to us. Our chow is 10, so we are already preparring ourselves for the inevitable.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry for the loss. It's been a bad week for pets around here...

MikeyB
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I've had to have pets put down before where I think I would have preferred to loose an arm.

Some animals are just special. Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

I'm so sorry!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:59 PM

Very soory to hear, I lost my 5yr old male in November of 05, broke all of our hearts
they are my other kids
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog Spooler. I lost my 14 year old beagle yesterday morning also. He was getting tumors in his rear end and started having problems. We were going to take him to the vet yesterday morning to put him down, but mother nature got to him first. Kind of a bummer, but its a part of pet ownership that none of us like.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Ahhhh ... that's too bad Spooler. I'm sorry you lost your buddy. I know the feeling too well ... recently. They sure do find their way into your hearts don't they ?

PISTOL
Old 07-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: My doggie died today... (German Shepard)