Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My dog was shot today

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YeeHaaa! Great news!

Are you going to start a Jonah legal fund to get these little pieces of poop punished? Or, their parents for not raising them better? Let us know.........

A few years ago, someone hit my Akita/Lab mix and left him for dead. It took him two days to make it about 1/4 mile home through tall brush. We though he had taken off after some cute little girl. His right front shoulder was shattered and the bone had come through. I didn't have the money to have it rebuilt, so my old country Vet said he could put him down or take it off for $100.

He never could jump in the back of the truck anyway!

And,YES, we do get snow one day a year wheather we need it or not.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:44 PM

That's great news, Jack
Old 03-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Another Dog Lover,,,,,

Good news Jack!
This is our grand baby Jaci Dale and all her buddies. She has always been taught to be nice to them and I think they would let her beat them to death with a bat before they would ever harm her.
Notice little Cockroach doing the "Back Off" thing to the big dogs. Jaci calls him BooBoo because she can't say Bruiser.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:31 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Tell the dogs I Jonah said thanks for the card!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for volunteers to slap some of the stupid out of that kid?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:08 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Here is an update I posted to the GSD board. With a little luck, prosecution will go to the fullest extent of the law.

Thought I would give you all an update. I got Jonah back from the vet this morning and he was doing much better. His eye is still in pain, but not as bad as before. His eye shows no damage thank God, but there is swelling underneath it where he got hit. That is causing the pupil to react by getting small because of pain. His eye looked much better tonight, and he's just hanging out. His energy level is MUCH MUCH better and he's gone back to being a wild high drive GSD for the most part. He was ready to play today for sure. I'm very excited.

I guess we'll have to wait and see about the long term mental affects, but so far so good.

Sheriff's Dept interviewed the boy today and he admitted to shooting the dog. He also told the detective that another boy was with him, and he also shot the dog with the same gun. He said he shot the dog twice, and that the other boy shot the dog 5 times. Basically, he's lying because I have a cup full of over 50-75 bb's. The detective asked me how I wanted to proceed, and I told him I want to prosecute to the fullest. He's also going to emphasize to the D.A. that he is a SAR dog in training who will be used by emergency management in lost person situations. I'm hoping this will entice the D.A. to prosecute heavily. He's also going to recommend restitution of all vet bills which have totaled so far at about 800 dollars. Since they want to check him twice more, I imagine that it'll end up being a total of 1200 or so by the time it's all over.

Keep your fingers crossed and we may see some justice here. Thanks everyone for the support. It really means a lot.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:34 PM

If the law fails, I have just two words.. Rock Salt. My butt STILL smarts thinking about that apple stealin' jaunt when I was a kid.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Chapter President

Sometimes the law acts faster for animal cruelty then they do for human crimes.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:09 PM

thats great news Jack
Old 03-11-2004, 08:30 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I hope he remembered to sieze the gun for evidence/destruction. You might contact the prosecutors office for restitution of the vet bills to save the time in civil court. He'll probably just get juvenile probation, but I think you would have a better chance of recovery through restitution, you'll still have a lawsuit available if not. His folks may care less about a dog, but maybe they'll keep a closer I on him after a pay-out. Good Luck!
Old 03-11-2004, 12:08 PM

Stories like this make me feel sick. I am so glad that your Dog is going to pull thru. I had a dog that wasnt so lucky. Someone shot him while we were out of town for a weekend and he ended up passing away the day after we got home. We did every thing we could for him but it was too late. Not a day goes by were I dont miss him. He wasnt anything special, just a mutt, but he was special to me. I wish I could have found out who shot him, nobody would ever fess up to it. I am grateful he was able to hold on long enough for us to say goodbye.

Best Wishes Jack.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:10 PM

I have been following this thread. I am so glad that things are looking better. You can see the forum has quite a feeling for your situation. I was very moved by your ordeal since I have 4 rescues occupying my house or should I say I occupy their house. Good luck with the court system & I hope you receive the satisfaction of seeing full restitution & punishment is administered accordingly. I don’t believe the system will send the child to detention even though it would seem reasonable to me.. I will never be a Judge.
My best wishes and prayers
Laurence
Old 03-11-2004, 06:35 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack

Glad to hear about Jonah what a horrible thing to have to deal with. I am so glad to hear that he is doing better, and that the law caught the rotten little turds. I would grill em just like you are if it were one of my dogs, a dog is member of the family, lets see how that kid likes getting pelted by a couple of dozen BB's at close range, I love the rock salt too.

Or better yet on a side note aside from the fines the DA here as a plea bargin made my little brother shovel the stalls at the fairgrounds and work for the farmer for two years for shooting a couple of the his dairy cows with MY stolen pellet gun.

I know that my younger brothers and i were tought that any gun is dangerous, we had pellet guns when we were 6 supervised and by 8 I had a 4.10 and a .22 the other two couldnt be trusted with a water balloon, some people just arent capible of having that kind of responsibility until they learn a very painful lesson, but the parents should have seen that coming.

Either way my point is nail thier skinny little butts to the wall. Make the folks pay the medical bills, Definately it was thier poor supervising and guidance that allowed these kids to roam free.

They are especially Responsible for not teaching the kid who owned the gun how to never let anyone else touch your weapon. Fricking people they really give the responsible gun crowd and parents a bad name for this stuff.

Take care and i hope all improves sorry for the late post, take care of Jonah he provides a valuable service that is sorely needed.
Dusty

Post the little Brats Picture ill be sure to step on his toes when i pass him on the side walk for the next 20 years.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:47 PM

Glad to hear the dog is doing well. Good luck Jack hope you get the money and that kid gets taught a lesson. Sounds like the parents need a lesson to. Doesn’t look like they are teaching their kid the proper use of that BB gun. It is their responsibility whether they want it or not. Too many parents today want to give their kid a toy and have them entertain themselves so they aren’t bothered. Then wonder why the kid gets in trouble.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Jack:

I was very happy to hear the news on your dog! Thanks
for the update on everything!

I agree with "billg" about the parents of those two kids!!
Sounds to me like they better start digging in their wallets
since they can't control their kids!!

Keep us posted Jack!

---------
John_P

Quick Reply: My dog was shot today