Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My dog was shot today

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jack long time no talk. Sorry to hear about your dog beautiful german shepard. its a shame that most kids are out of control today but it is due to other people sticking there nose into other peoples buisness when they are discplining there children. now i know some parents dont know how to draw the line but it was not right of the law to take away all the rights of the others. and in my opinion this is why you have wild kids.

anyway hope your dog is ok

Michael
Old 03-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Banned

That really sucks. We are hoping for a full recovery for both of you. Keep us posted. Ride that kid and his family until they make it right. I would.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
That's lousy, Jack. Very little respect in so many kids now. They have to show off to their buddies - - give them a gun and they are a big man. Really lousy.

Good luck with Jonah. He's going to be fine - - stay positive. He's going to come out of that fishes belly and go do his job. Just watch.

Bob
Old 03-08-2004, 08:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack,

Sorry to hear about your beautiful Shepard, I know how you feel, no dog like a Shepard! This is another sad showing for this developing liberal society. I love how the liberals let the kids rule and grow up with no respect for anything or anyone. If my son did that he would have my size 9 so far up his *** he would not sit down for a week!! But then I would probably end up in "trouble" with the law for teaching my own about right and wrong!!

God bless America, someday we might return to our senses, hopefully before it is to late!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:22 AM

Jack...

How is Jonah???????

Rick
Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
No word yet. He's at the vet. They're worried about his eye right now because the left eye doesn't appear to be functioning normally. I'll let you know more when I find out. Thanks guys.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Get well Jonah

Sorry to hear the bad news Jack,
Hopefully there will be no lasting physical or emotional damage.
The thing that ticks me off is that any parent who allows a kid to go unsupervised with a BB gun might as well have given them a shotgun or high-powered rifle to play with. The parents of this kid should be held liable for all vet costs and anything else that relates. They should also be told that allowing their children access to another BB gun or any weapon will mean that they can be charged with some serious offense like "child endangerment" or something similar. Do I think that we should stop a parent from buying a BB gun for their kid?,,,,,,,, NO,,,,,,,,, but I think any parent that does, should teach that kid to handle it just as if it were a shotgun or an AK-47. I agree that at eleven years old, this kid should have known better,,,,, (I know that I did when I was 11),,,,, but in this day of "Latch-Key" kids, parents that don't spend the time with teaching general morals to their kids, and the "Lack of respect for life" in general,,,, (whether it be human or animal),,, which unfortunately shows up in TV,, video games,, movies,,, and in the news everyday now it seems,,, it's hard to hold a kid totally at fault. The pitiful thing is that, if Jack had of went to the parents and voiced his concern about seeing their kid toting the BB gun around in a residential area,,,,,,,,,,,, They would probably had HIM locked up for harassment!
It is sad enough to think that this beautiful animal was hurt for no reason, but think of what the consequences would be if it had been one of Jack's children out there in the yard.
Every one of us needs to take a look around our neighborhood,,,,, talk with your kids,,,,, talk with your grandkids,,, we need to turn our society around,,,,,,,, Not by banning things like sling-shots, BB guns, handguns and weapons. But we do need to instill in our children the importance of "LIFE"

Old 03-08-2004, 11:07 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
He's going to the vet school for an MRI. They gave him priority so that is good. They had a 14 day waiting list.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:14 AM

Hopefully the dog will not become aggressive with this type of treatment.I could not control myself if this happened to my dogs I am afraid I would tan this kids hide for him and then start in on his parents. There is no excuse for this type of behaviour.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:15 AM

I wish you and Jonah the best of luck for a speedy and full recovery.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:09 PM

Sorry to hear about this. Hope everything works out for the best.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm speechless. I'm a dog person myself, I have four of them, and just sitting here thinking about what happened to Jonah has me ready to kick some you know what. I'm not sure I wouldn't already be in jail if I was in your place... Anyway, I hope everything turns out for the best.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear this Jack. This sort of thing burns my ****! I don't have dogs anymore on account of my last blue heeler being shot by a hunter, who mistakenly thought it was a coyote.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Re: Get well Jonah

Originally posted by RATTLINRAM
But we do need to instill in our children the importance of "LIFE"
I agree with you but would add one word at the end. "Respect".
When I was growing up all kids called everyone older than themselves Mr. or Mrs. and the last name. If the last name was not known the word aunt or uncle was used. We had to respect and obey an instruction given by an older person. Today kids from an early age are taught to call an adult by the first name. Where is the respect?
If had ever done something wrong as a kid and someone other than my parents gave me a swot because of it I would take it and shut up, then live in fear that they would tell my parents. I knew that if my parents heard that someone had cause to swot me that they would punish me a lot more. Can't do stuff like that today.
Only once did I spank a kid other than my own and then the parents came and thanked me. (getting off topic a bit) My son and the neighbor's son were both about 5 years old and one day towards the end of winter they both just vanished. I found them jumping the ice cracks in the river that ran past my property. The river at that point is a mile wide and if they broke thru the ice they would be immediately swept away and out to sea. They had both been warned many times not to go near the river without an adult. I was really scared. So after I got them off the ice I spanked both of them on the spot. Both mothers by now had arrived and the neighbors son got it again. The father came and thanked me after he got home from work. Try that today! BTW, both kids never again went near the river without permission and without and adult.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog Jack,I know how you feel.
That is a beautiful Shepard,I hope he recovers from his injuries,this kind of thing is so uncalled for,some people in this world have nothing but hate inside them.

Take care..

Quick Reply: My dog was shot today