Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My dog was shot today

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack, If these goons have to drive 100 miles to go to court, there has to be a way to make them keep coming back for a week or maybe even two My stepsons father is a sargent in one of the richey communities outside B'ham, and he said those kids better be glad they don't live here.
Palmetto, the recorder runs from bed time to wake up time, I usually spend about 30-45 minutes looking over the tapes in the morning. We've got 2 twin 150 watt flood lights front and back, and also the street light 1 door down, but it's more fun to turn the 150's off and watch the IF cameras. My wife has already threatened to divorce me if I don't quit shooting the pellet rifle thru the screen on the window , but it's fun to watch these idiots think I'm asleep and try to see what they can get off the truck and 177 cal pellet leaves a good whelp, and the times the cops have came to the door and asked, I just invited them in to watch the tape, especially when the idiot gets popped with the pellet, hey it's my property and I got a right to protect it. Don't steal my stuff and I won't pop you in the **** with my pellet rifle, come in my house and you get to meet the business end of the hog leg
And I PITTY those kids if Jonah ever gets the chance to be near them again, I think that just the look he'll give them will be enough to make them pee on theirselves. GOOD BOY JONAH, only bite off one leg at a time, GOOD BOY
Old 03-19-2004, 07:41 PM

About the mother; it goes a ways towards answering how a kid gets to be like that.

It's a good thing you're doing taking this as far as it can go legally, Jack. Suggest to the prosecution that they undergo mandatory counseling along with any punishment they receive. Maybe you'll stunt the little monsters' progress towards becoming serial killers.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:43 PM

that kid sounds like he needs to go to a military school out of country, where he doesn't have all the same "human rights". string him up a tree and fire the bb's into him...

just reading this thread really got me P.O'd real bad... that kid and mom should get eye for an eye treatment as far as i am conserned...
Old 03-20-2004, 03:07 AM

Man. I can't believe how people like this can exist and given the kid is pretty young you can't blame him entirely, how parents can rear kids like this.

My uncle is a police officer and when his K9 dog was ready to retire, rather than letting them put him to sleep, he adopted the dog. He died recently and it was pretty emotional considering the dog had saved his life in the past.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally posted by Cmart
About the mother; it goes a ways towards answering how a kid gets to be like that.

It's a good thing you're doing taking this as far as it can go legally, Jack. Suggest to the prosecution that they undergo mandatory counseling along with any punishment they receive. Maybe you'll stunt the little monsters' progress towards becoming serial killers.
How about mandatory counseling for the mothers as well?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your dog Jack, the animals involved with SAR are special as they contribute to all your "neighbors" in time of need. Obviously the "parents" of these two little sadistic rejects have the inability to realize there could be a point in time where you and your dogs services could be to their benefit. I sincerely hope that the local sheriff pushes diligently the legal possibilities here. In my own opinion the story with details should be leaked the the National Enquirer so all of North America can read and know the names of four morally diminished social rejects. Despite the money spent on the training the dog knows your family love him and is a part of your family. The garbage next door cannot take this away from you or the dog as they don't at best understand it themselves. PK
Old 04-06-2004, 09:28 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, I have more information about the case now if you guys want to read it. You can find it on page 5 of this thread:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/cgi-b...;f=36;t=000345
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not only makes you mad, but very frustrating!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:13 AM

Jack it's pretty sad that the Sheriff and the DA haven't been more helpful. At least the kid admitted to shooting the gun. The burden of proof is much lower in Civil Court. I hope this isn't how things would be treated if it was a police K9.

Hopefully you will have better luck changing laws. Maybe you can change the status of the K9 SAR dogs to governmet employees. I know that they recently changed the law in Virginia to make assault on EMS corrections etc an automatic felony. Maybe you can use the way you are reimbursed for expenses in emergencies, or the way you are activated in an emergency etc to change your status. For example if you operate under the authority and answer to certtain agencies, or if you recieve funding from certain agencies. Maybe you could get a Law professor at one of the colleges to help you out.
Another avenue to explore is the correlation between Juveniles that abuse animals and do even worse things as an adult. Maybe you could get someone is on of the psychology depts at one of the colleges to help you out.

Hopefully you will have better luck in Civil court. Did they at least take the gun away and order him to stay away from your dog?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Banned

I'd be giving that little so and so my own justice. I'm so glad the local cops are helping so much. No offense to any cops on here, but it seems like whenever you need a cops help, or you actually find something for them to do (in sugar land, the highlight of a cops day was to give a ticket to a speeder), they won't do a thing about it. Where I come from, the cops worried more about stolen stop signs and people spinning tires than hit and runs with injuries. And if you think I'm joking, come on down and I'll show you.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 AM

What goes around comes around. The only thing you can do is take measures to make sure it doesnt happen again.

He will get what he deserves one day.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:27 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The thing is though guys, once the cops do their report, it's out of their hands. They absolutely did everything they could, and were VERY helpful in trying to make the case as solid as possible. I think they did a great job.

The problem lies with the D.A.'s office and the Dept. of Juvenile Justice. They have a TON of control over how a case is handled. They can decide to take it to court or not based on how they're feeling that day. This kid will have to pay 15 bucks, and get a little bit of couseling. That's ridiculous. No probation and no curfew, no nothing. The lady that I've been working with has been totally indifferent to the case, and told me that she makes the decision on whether or not it goes to court. I have a call in to her supervisor, but so far not return call. I'm also working with the local new media to bring this case public. If they think I'm going to just give up and let this end, they're absolutely mistaking. I don't start something and just let it go because of some adversity. I will follow through on this case if I have to yell at the Governors door.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:08 AM

sorry to hear they are not presecuting to the fullest its gonna teach these kids that they can do what they want and get off easy. really annoys me.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:12 AM

Oh yes, the media! You have them harrass the DA and get the neighborhood stirred up...then you get lots of angry VOTERS knocking on the DA's office door. I'm in w/ the group that says counseling only helps those who WANT help. Kids don't want to change...they only want to do what they or their friends want...until their freedom is taken away, ie. military school, juvenile detention, jail, no candy till they're 18, etc.

And maybe someday that kid will get lost in the woods shooting other animals and just wounding them w/ his BB gun...and wouldn't it be a kick in his pants if YOU'RE the one who shows lookin for him w/ the dog he shot???
Old 04-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet if those kids had of popped the windows out of the DA's high-dollar car,,,,,,,, they would be looking at all kinds of punishment!

What a crock!

Quick Reply: My dog was shot today