Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My dog was shot today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 08:00 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My dog was shot today

Well, if you wan to know what kind of day I had today, you can click here

I'm so mad right now. I don't know what to do, so I figured I would come here and vent. I don't understand how people can do this kind of thing. I really don't understand it.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:11 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
This kind of thing burns me. There are things that I would like to do in return to that kid and the mother but can't mention them here.
Keep us posted on how this ends up, both with the kid and your dog. If the mother did nothing, of course you can easily guess how this kid is going to eventually end up. Then the mother (or parents) will say "Gee, we did everything for our son and can't figure out how he ended up the way he did". They will not understand that they trained him to be that way.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow Jack.. That little kid needs his "you know what" beat. I hope your dog recovers from this 100%. What you were saying about his eye kind of worries me though.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:30 PM
DTR Founder

Originally posted by bigtobe
wow Jack.. That little kid needs his "you know what" beat. I hope your dog recovers from this 100%. What you were saying about his eye kind of worries me though.
It worries me too, bigtime. All that work, time and money could be down the tubes, more than 10k worth. That is important, but it's not nearly as important as the fact that the dog could be affected emotionally for the rest of his life. Basically, everything he did during the time this was happening was being "corrected", seriously. I don't know how that's going to affect him. Only time will tell at this point, but I haven't felt this much anger in a long time.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:44 PM

Hello Jack,
I'm sorry to hear about your dog.I can imagine how upset you must be.I wish the best for you and your best friend.
Please explain SAR as I am not familiar with the term.
Thanking you in advance,
Rick
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 PM

did u take the dog to the vet to have his injuries documented. around here that is a felony and tread very seriously.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:47 PM
DPG

Oh Jack, I can't express how sorry I am that this happened. I think that the parents are as much to blame as the kids. I will definately keep Jonah and you in my prayers. Be sure and post any news after your visit to the vet tomorrow.

DeWain
Old 03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
DTR Founder

Originally posted by DF5152
did u take the dog to the vet to have his injuries documented. around here that is a felony and tread very seriously.
I'm taking him to the vet first thing in the morning. I would have today, but his injuries didn't show up initially, so I thought I'd wait it out. Stupid mistake. Now they are definitely showing, and his eye worries me more than anything. I'll be there when the door opens.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
DTR Founder

Originally posted by ramking2004
Hello Jack,
I'm sorry to hear about your dog.I can imagine how upset you must be.I wish the best for you and your best friend.
Please explain SAR as I am not familiar with the term.
Thanking you in advance,
Rick
SAR is short for Search and Rescue.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Jack, I am so sorry this happened to you. I am on my second Shepherd; my first went to dog heaven from old age. I would like to say that I can't believe kids would do things like this, but I know they do and it's getting worse every day. I work in a job that lets me see just how cruel kids can be, not only to animals, but to people as well.
I know your dog loves you. They are just like that; no reservation on their part. So just love him back. Like most traumas, it will take time to heal, both yours and his.
Most state laws are pretty hard on those that show cruelty to animals and I hope yours is as well.
Keep us posted...
Wayne
Old 03-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this Jack. It's very unfortunate the way some people are. Above all, I hope that Jonah is okay. Beyond that, I hope justice prevails in the case of the kid that did this. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:15 PM

The only thing I can think of you will not let me post here. I agree with you that you need to be concerned with Jonah's mental health. You should take all the pictures that you are able and have the vet's statement. It sure sounds like a civil suit may be in order. Just DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT. I hope that the kids parents decide to provide some discipline. I wish there was something that could be said to make it all better.
Tom
Old 03-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Muted User

I'm truly sorry about your dog. I can't even begin to imagine how upset I'd be if that happened to one of my dogs. In fact, "Peteygirl" was my alpha dogs name. She died nearly two years ago and I miss her terribly still. I had some punk 16-18 year old kids cutting through my back pasture throwing firecrackers at my cows about a year ago. I ran back there and they threw one right at me. At that point I drew my .357 and fired twice over their heads. They were so frightened, they dropped to the ground like they had been shot and I kicked the hell out of them. I finally let them go; one was so scared he couldn't stand up. I then called the police in my town. They came out and told me it was a big no-no, but did go speak to the kids and told them they should stay away from me and my animals since I wasn't wrapped too tight. Those two kids never came back. In any case, I sure hope everything is alright with your dog. Its a shame you can't leave your dog out without fear for his life.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:19 PM

Jack:

You have my deepest concern. SAR animals are something very, very special. They do a job that is so critical to human life, and to have something like that happen.

I think this just goes to show what kids and parents are coming to these days. Kids are growing up with no respect for anything at all. All they see is something for them to do without worrying about the consequences. Parents should take a much more proactive role today. If I had done that, and my parents found out, I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week!!!

It is so sad...keep us informed, Jack!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:19 PM

Very sorry to hear that Jack. Hope his injuries arent severe and he recovers well.

Good luck with the legal issues as well, hope the kid gets what he deserves.

One day that kids goin to mess with the wrong type of dog (or any animal for that matter)........BB gun aint goin to help him then

Quick Reply: My dog was shot today