Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My dealer is a MORON !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer is a MORON !!

Sorry Guys , Just need to vent a lil here ..... My warranty is almost up so i bring my truck in for the following

1. Broken driver's side door lock
2. AC isn't blowing cold on passenger side
3. Front speakers don't work
4. 70mph vibe

First he calls me yesterday and tells me the vibe is from the stacks . So i say " Well did you even put the truck on a rack and look for loose stuff ? " he says "No" . i tell him not to call me until he checks the truck out . Calls me back 20 min later and he says " Well we put ur truck on the rack and found that the 4 bolts holding your drive shaft onto the rear end were loose " I bite my tongue and hang up

8am this mornin " Sir , whoever installed this bumper must have hit the grille and pushed the hood latch into the AC coil , therefore you have a leak and that is why the AC doesn't blow cold on the passenger side . " My reply is " if the leak is the problem then why do you have my dash board apart to fix the accuators ?? " His reply " Um Um Um Um Um . " I also tell him that it was ME who installed the bumper and i am [EDIT] sure i didn't hit anything in the installation process . " Once again i get " Um Um Um Um "

So after a few more minutes of going back and forth i ask him for his name so when i call DC and file a complaint about the poor service i'm getting i can tell them who i spoke to . Although it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the [Foriegn] service manager who speaks barely any English is LoL Honestly i feel like i know more than the ppl at this *********** . Sorry if this post makes no sense guys , just had to vent .
Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You have an 05 and the warranty is almost up?!?!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yor dealer IS a Moron.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have an AC leak, why does the drivers side still blow cold? Yep, sounds like a dealer to me.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:34 PM

I suggest that you turn the other cheek and be as nice as you can to these folks. After they are working as hard as possible and deserve a gift from you to show your sincerest appreciation. I suggest that you visit this website for some gift suggestions.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:34 PM

You need to let the upper management at the dalership know what's going on in the service department. I have done this in the past, and it wasn't long after they had some competent people in there. Tell the salesmen that sold you the truck that you won't buy another from them if this is how your being treated. He or she will want another sale from you one day.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the replies guys . I'm on my way to pick the truck up now and start my weekend . Oh and i will definetly give that " gift " to the service manager . Also i'm going to talk to the salesman and the head of the dealership since they both owe me a favor cuz my truck was delivered a month late and they pleaded with me to give them a good rating on the survey so they could keep thier 5 star rating . Funny how the world works isn't it LoL

PS : I picked my truck up in Oct of 04' . That's why my warranty is almost up . 33K on the clock and another 500 after this weekend
Old 09-09-2005, 02:25 PM

Not to be a cynic, but did you expect anything different? Most are incompetent, and if they were to base the 5 Star on service only there would be very few.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:41 PM

remind him to top off your blinker fluid
Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 PM

this is why i void my warranty as soon as i get my truck...
Old 09-09-2005, 10:46 PM

I used to work at a dealership...for about 3 months. I couldn't sleep at night knowing how they ripped people off, and went looking for a job that let me do quality work. I found it and was very happy I left.

Don't bother going to upper management at the dealership. They probably know full well whats going on, and don't care...where i worked, we were ORDERED to do things as cheaply as possible...anything to save the dealer money. I remember an elderly couple who brought their car in because the brakes weren't working right. The car only had a little over 10,000 miles. Instead of replacing the caliper under warranty, I was ordered to leave the bad caliper on it, and replace all 4 rotors and pads. Then they were given a bill for around $1200, and the service writer explained to them that their warranty doesn't cover brake parts. I saw many similar examples in just the short time i was there.

Dealers suck, PERIOD. I have a $10,000 sled (Yamaha RX-1) thats supposed to be getting new rings under warranty. It took over 2 years of fighting to get it looked at. They finally brought it in last February. Then they weren't going to cover it. I had to talk with a Yamaha rep in person to get it covered. Well that was the middle of February, and they still have it. Last I knew, the engine was in 3 cardboard boxes. I lost most of last season, and it looks like I might miss this season. I should have just skipped the dealer and did the work myself. In my opinion warranties are useless, because they depend on a dealer getting paid less than their standard amount of labor for the work, so they try to avoid as many warranty repairs as possible, using every shady excuse they can think of.

Jim