Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My daughter's sick...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats VERY cool !! I hope you folks will have a blast on your MAW trip, one word of advice, get LOTS of rest at night. We went to Disney last Aug, best trip of our lives. And there is absolutelt NO way to describe how terrific/wonderfull/great the Make a Wish Organization is, they are truly beyond words. Pics is my Son and Daughters with Stitch @ California Adventure.
Attached Thumbnails My daughter's sick...-kids-n-stitch.jpg  
Old 03-29-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My prayers are with you daughter and family!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 PM

My 3-yr old boy loves both Sea World and the Zoo. We do Sea World twice a year, and get to the Zoo every other year or so. You guys should have a great time!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by crobtex
Kids and zoo's......a great combination. My wife belongs to the Dallas Zoo Association and takes the grand kids at least twice a year. They never get tired of it. Especially the 3 yo.
This 50 year old still likes them too ...tell'er Uncle Clunk says to have a big time.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 PM

My family and I, have you and yours, in our prayers. I know to some that's not meaningful....We feel your pain and hope and pray for the best. Peace Friend.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 AM

We're out in the morning. We appreciate everybody's continuing prayers for Abby. We're going to make sure she gets some mileage out of them the next few days.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up

James

I hope Abby beats this illness with flying colors and I know she will with so many coming together in prayer. Always remember to give her plenty of "Love".

The defination of "Love is God" "God is Love" it's one in the same and goes on for eternity.

Your in our prayers.

Tony
Old 01-26-2014, 11:47 PM

Hey fellas.

I'm not sure how it got to this, but I fell out after the trip. Abby is perfect, and a 6th grader now. She was well long enough that I bet my financial life on her being around long enough to quit a job that took me away from my family, and go back to college. I'll be the first guy in my family with a college degree come May. I live in KY instead of IA, a couple hours away from where my great great grandad enlisted in the Kentucky Volunteer Infantry to do the right thing.

Charlie, I still remember the gifts you and the Mrs. were kind enough to send Abigail. She was stunned at the kindness of strangers, I'm not sure if she remembers it but I do.

I for sure remember all the support I got from y'all. It was tough for a while, but our family made it through. We made it through without most of the drama and divorce that is an unfortunate byproduct of serious health issues for kids.

I had to sell the truck in the spring of 2010, and the bikes shortly after, to make ends meet.

Thanks, DTR.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by IA_James
Hey fellas.

I'm not sure how it got to this, but I fell out after the trip. Abby is perfect, and a 6th grader now. She was well long enough that I bet my financial life on her being around long enough to quit a job that took me away from my family, and go back to college. I'll be the first guy in my family with a college degree come May. I live in KY instead of IA, a couple hours away from where my great great grandad enlisted in the Kentucky Volunteer Infantry to do the right thing.

Charlie, I still remember the gifts you and the Mrs. were kind enough to send Abigail. She was stunned at the kindness of strangers, I'm not sure if she remembers it but I do.

I for sure remember all the support I got from y'all. It was tough for a while, but our family made it through. We made it through without most of the drama and divorce that is an unfortunate byproduct of serious health issues for kids.

I had to sell the truck in the spring of 2010, and the bikes shortly after, to make ends meet.

Thanks, DTR.

Thanks so much for the update. It is never very nice to hear about the misfortunes of others, particularly members of DTR, but it is even nicer to hear good news and that things are turning around. Thanks for updating us about Abby and yourself. Congratulations on your almost college degree. You dun gud, very gud!!!!!! Don't stop now and keep on trukin'. Life may still occasionally throw some nasty surprises at you, but maintain a positive attitude, team up with a mentor or two and you will go far. Maybe in the near future you will get back what you were forced to give up. Trust in the Lord and He WILL help you. There is absolutely zero doubt about that and the outcome.
Please keep us posted on your progress and give us lots of good news in the future.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:34 PM

Just like Mexstan says...he's good with words I wish I could think of.
Give Abby another hug from Uncle Clunk.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:56 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by IA_James
Hey fellas.

Thanks, DTR.
WOW.. its is SO great of you to let us know how things are going..
Its funny how we can become " friends" with folks we never actually meet, and their misfortunes become common sorrow.
The same is true of their blessings how ever, and reading your post uplifted my spirits...
I am so happy for you that Abby is well, and sounds like all of you are doing good. Never mind the truck and the bikes, your a good man to take care of whats really important first, and I commend you for it. Congrats on working towards your degree!
Keep us updated on how that goes and when you graduate!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Not sure how I missed this thread back then but this is such great news!! So glad to hear everything is going to well for you and the family.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
Absolutely great news about Abigail!!

Congrats on getting a degree!!

God Bless!!

YEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Chapter President

So glad to hear from you and that little Abbby is doing OK. It sounds like you are getting things together. Starting over is never easy, but a lot of have been there. Take care,
Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Neat stuff. Glad you filled us in.

Quick Reply: My daughter's sick...