Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My daughter's sick...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IA_James
I'm just so stinkin happy I can't stand it.
Been following this thread (and Dusty's too) and I'm so stinkin' happy for both of you I can't stand it....
Old 11-28-2005, 08:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
That is SOOOO awesome!! I`m glad to hear she`s in remission! Did the Hospital/Dr`s inquire if you want to put her in a clinical trial? If so you might want to look into it because paitents that are in clinical trials recieve more scrutiny as far as their progress,etc. Here is a few links one of the nurses at the hospital gave me, they have a TON of good info.

http://www.curesearch.org/
http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_chap
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/leukemia
http://www.all-kids.org/index.html
Old 11-28-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib
That is SOOOO awesome!! I`m glad to hear she`s in remission! Did the Hospital/Dr`s inquire if you want to put her in a clinical trial? If so you might want to look into it because paitents that are in clinical trials recieve more scrutiny as far as their progress,etc. Here is a few links one of the nurses at the hospital gave me, they have a TON of good info.

http://www.curesearch.org/
http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_chap
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/leukemia
http://www.all-kids.org/index.html
We're actually participating in one for the Children's Oncology Group, located in Seattle WA. Normally I'd be kind of spooky about doing something like this with my child, but the Dr.s at the Hospital are all top flight, and the ones that are seeing her and in charge of her care interned at the Mayo Clinic. Thought about it some, and the type of leukemia she has is between 80 and 90% curable. I thought if them observing and such would help get that number closer to 100%, I would participate. The actual induction treatment is pretty standard, so it wasn't like we were going out on a limb with her treatment, it's got more to do with the side medication they give her than the actual Leukemia fighting stuff.

Edit: It's the curesearch.org that you have listed.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:11 PM

IaJames:

What fantastic news!!!!

Lil Abigail has been in our prayers since you told us what was going on. And the clinical studies do monitor the progress with scrutiny that might not normally happen with typical medicinal treatments.
Yes this is a true blessing. It really makes us step back and reevaluate what really is important in our lives.

Dusty
Old 11-28-2005, 11:41 PM

That is wonderful news. Glad to hear she is doing well.

Originally Posted by IA_James
Well, got the latest bone marrow results today. Had to wait since Wednesday due to the holiday and all. She's in remission!!!!!! She had less that 1% cancer cells in her marrow, down from over 80% to start with. Further good news, the cells that are left are "low risk" meaning she might be able to have the least drastic of the ongoing treatment after the initial "induction" phase. I'm just so stinkin happy I can't stand it.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 PM

Great News!!! Thank you God!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know how I've missed this thread until now. Fantastic news!! We'll keep your family and especially Abby in our thoughts and prayers.

Rusty
Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM

News today was not as good as we were hoping. The Minimal Residual Disease, which is what they gauge what treatment you will receive after the first stage, was between .1 and 1%. Which means she has to have a more agressive treatment therapy than what we were hoping for. She's going to lose the rest of her hair, has to take more medicine, we're giving her shots at home through the port they put in her when we first went into the hospital with this. Will have to have a spinal tap every week for the next month. She's still beating it, just not by as much as we were hoping for. She's in pretty good spirits, and we appreciate all the support from everbody on here.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There are always ups & downs beating this stuff. Hang in there.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Hang in there bud, I know exactly what your going through,it can be a real roller coaster ride at times . My son has been nauseous for the past couple of days from the PEG Asparaginase shots he had on tuesday but he takes it like a trooper...ups and downs. I think of you and you duaghter often, even tho we`ve never met I feel for you guy`s. Take it one day at a time is all I can offer. As always you`ll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Banned

You just kepp loving her and supporting her, and we will keep praying for her and you. There is no way she (we/you) will not beat this, just never give in or up.

(Hint:bald is beautifull if she can do it you can too, show solidarity)
Old 12-16-2005, 09:00 PM

IA James: Nancy & I remember Abigail and your family in our prayers everyday. She is not forgotten. You might let her know that we are all praying for her and that she is going to get better. Hang in there I know the fight is tough and the emotional aspect is grueling and incredibly tiring.

Dusty

Old 12-16-2005, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A hit to first base is still a hit...we'll take the blessings on our sick ones as they come. Giv'em an extra hug for us.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:40 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
james, still keeping you both in our prayers, remember , the smallest amount of progress is still progress...
Old 12-17-2005, 10:24 AM

James,The light of God surrounds her. The love of God enfolds her. The power of God protects her. The presence of God watches over her, and wherever she is, God is, and all is well.
Focus on the progress and give thanks. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Quick Reply: My daughter's sick...