Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My daughter's sick...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
So glad to hear life has been treating your Daughter and Family well!
And congrats on going to college, it is nice to see a Family make it through such a tough road and come out the other side intact and moving forward! Best Wishes for all.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
James,

I must start this reply with a HUGE apology. With the many times I get on this forum and into OTHER over the past 10 or so years, I have no idea how this thread did not catch my attention. I am quite ashamed. If you have been following the Prayer Requests thread, you will see we are going thru the same thing with our granddaughter, so as I read this thread from the beginning, the memories all hit and the screen suddenly became blurry for some reason.

We "just happened" (I am sure God planned) to be in the Seattle area at our son's to welcome a set of twins into his family - - they were one week old when we arrived. One week after arriving, their 3yo daughter, Ianna, was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. I know about the feelings and bedlam this creates in the family. They were forced to move from their home on Whidbey Island and find a small apartment near the hospital in Seattle. Thank goodness they were in Seattle area - - I note your daughter had some connection with that hospital. I can relate also to the spinals, the hair loss, the ups and downs, the personality changes with the steroids - - wow, it is an up and down ride for a while.

All this to say I am so sorry I did not see this earlier and could have also been adding our prayers to those of others for your daughter. God is good and listens when we pray. The report of the progress of your daughter is so encouraging. We are in the sixth month of treatment and Ianna is clear. She just finished the infamous 5 month saturation set of treatments and came out pretty well needing two transfusions, but quickly building back up in her count. They have just been told they can plan their return to their home at the end of February. They are in the "maintenance" mode setup right now, so if all keeps going well, they will be back home by Feb 25.

So happy for you and the positive results. Your family is beautiful. I am also excited for your determination to get your education. That also hits close to home. I went back to college after marriage and three children to get my masters - - tough to work full time and go to college and still eat and sleep. I pray God will continue to guide you and the family, continue the wonderful recovery on your daughter and bless you all richly.

Bob