Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My blood is boiling

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 12:18 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re:My blood is boiling

If we as Patriots dont Spend our hard earned dollars to support the Likes of Jonny DOAP they lose their bully pulpit.
Boycott the Anti American Actors and musicians!!!!
I am tired of under educated Red Diaper Doper babies spouting off about what they know nothing of..
But to Doaps good He did stand by his words and move over with the Surrender Monkeys in France.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with dodgeram on this one. I'm so tired of hearing about these Hollywood actors view's and opinions and crap, that I just don't give a flip anymore. I went and saw his latest movie. Thought it was great. Pretty funny.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:04 PM

I don't know, I watch movies for their entertainment value...............I could car less about the views, religion,sexual orentaion & general dumb assness of the actors
I agree totally. It's the same thing that went on with the dixie chicks. People went nuts and were burning cd's and such. Come on, does it really matter what one musician or actor says? Anybody who listens to actors and musicians for political views has more problems to worry about anyway. Yeah, it'd be better if they just shut up, but that's not going to happen. I didn't even read what Depp said, because I really don't care. His views don't mean anything to me. I still like him as an actor, and I like the Dixie Chicks as musicians.

Old 09-03-2003, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree. It definitely does matter, for a couple of reasons. One is that you and I, because we're not famous, don't get free space in a newspaper or magazine to get the word out that Johnny Depp is a moron who couldn't reason his way out of a wet paper bag. That deeply offends my sense of egalitarianism. Two, unless reasonable people find a way (such as staying away from his movies, or in the Dixie Chicks' case, not buying their albums) to make it clear that they think he's a moron who couldn't reason his way out of a wet paper bag, he won't understand that actions have consequences.

Note: Please feel free to replace the phrase "moron who couldn't reason his way out of a wet paper bag" with your own favorite vulgarity. ;D
Old 09-03-2003, 03:29 PM

[quote author=Commatoze link=board=10;threadid=19164;start=0#msg179987 date=1062596868]
You know what makes me even more angry? By his next movie, most people will have forgotten what this pinhead said. I won't, and I hope you guys don't either! >
[/quote]

I certainly won't forget it, just like I won't forget those Dixie bimbos and their comments.

Hotdram, if you want to see some really inane assinine comments, check outwww.hollywoodhalfwits.com and you'll see more of the same blather!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:32 PM

I'm curious, what ended up being the consequences to the Dixie Chicks for their comments? As I understood it, after a week their last album was back to being number one on the Country charts, and they got more publicity than they ever could have hoped for. I don't think the consequences of Natalie Maine's comments have been quite what the conservatives among us hoped for.

And Johnny Depp's right about Freedom Fries.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:36 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote author=LonCray link=board=10;threadid=19164;start=15#msg180147 date=1062621123]
I'm curious, what ended up being the consequences to the Dixie Chicks for their comments? As I understood it, after a week their last album was back to being number one on the Country charts, and they got more publicity than they ever could have hoped for. I don't think the consequences of Natalie Maine's comments have been quite what the conservatives among us hoped for.

[/quote]
I Know of a lot of unsold CDs because of it.
But Hey this is America Go For it and as for me I will stick to Freedom Fries and CDB
Old 09-03-2003, 04:18 PM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=19164;start=0#msg180058 date=1062606286]
I never liked him anyway.... :
[/quote]
O heck we agree (Pinches arm) ouch
DM01
Old 09-03-2003, 04:30 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

First of all, I'd like to say that I regarded the freedom fries as really funny. Also the "return to sender" sticker on the statue of liberty.
I don't know what Mr. Depp really said in this interview, but you should be aware that the German boulevard press is notoriously misquoting by removing parts of interviews like "You may think that " (will be left out) "The US presdident has a bee under the bonnet"(will be quoted) "but I think the guy is dead right with his assessment of the situation" (will be left out again).
I don't know if that's the case here, but the paper will have the publicity and may be forced to have to publeish a correction some time later by court (usually 6-8 months later when nobody cares anymore nad the damage has been doen for good)

Just my 2c

AlpineRAM
Old 09-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Administrator

I like him, as an actor.
Never liked the Dixie Chicks.

I'll continue to see his movies, if they look like they are worth seeing.
Pirates of the Caribean was a great movie, and Depp did some fine work in it.

I'll never buy a Dixie Chicks CD or pay money for a concert ticket.

I think Alpine made a good point, quotes are not to be taken literally, they are often "spun" to sell more copies.
Even if they happen to be correct, he has a right to his opinion, and you don't see him forcing it on anyone else (well, except his kids maybe)

If I had the money to live in the south of France, I'd give it a go, at least for a little while, I'd still call America home.

phox
Old 09-03-2003, 05:15 PM

[quote author=LonCray link=board=10;threadid=19164;start=15#msg180147 date=1062621123]

[/quote]

Good question. Probably in the end, just unsold CDs. Apparently their tour still did pretty well. But they're only marginally country, so any loss among country fans was probably only a small portion of their pop fan base.

And he is right about the members of Congress, but for the wrong reasons. They're idiots because they don't even come close to upholding their oath of office and think everything, no matter how small, should be a matter of federal law. As far as the fried potatoes in the cafeteria, they can call them "booty fries" for all I care.

I'm not sure I'd want to live in a third world country like France. That's the only way to describe a place where >10,000 people die in a heat wave. I'm surprised the UN isn't crying for the US to land some Marines and provide humanitarian aid.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:35 PM

I'm curious, what ended up being the consequences to the Dixie Chicks for their comments?
Nothing. Some people broke some CD's that they had already paid for. (that'll put the hurt on them). They got booed at the CMA awards, then sold out all the concerts they have played since. Many musicians have since spoke up in favor of them, well not in favor, but for the fact that her comment was blown way over what it was worth. Bruce Springsteen being the one I can remember. The USA is the USA whether you're Johnny Depp or anybody else. We all have the right to free speech. Boycotting Johnny Depp or the Dixie Chicks isn't going to hurt them, they have enough money to live very well till they die. Best to take all their comments for what they're worth-nothing.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:18 PM

[quote author=erics76 link=board=10;threadid=19164;start=15#msg180244 date=1062635701]
The USA is the USA whether you're Johnny Depp or anybody else. We all have the right to free speech.[/quote]
The problem here is that the imbeciles are using their access to media to bash our nation while on foreign soil, thus giving the frogs or germans the false impression that all Americans hate our leadership. Where's my equal time in the german press?
[quote author=erics76 link=board=10;threadid=19164;start=15#msg180244 date=1062635701]Boycotting Johnny Depp or the Dixie Chicks isn't going to hurt them, they have enough money to live very well till they die. [/quote]

...Or until the coke money dries up and they're trying to revive a stalled acting career or out touring when they
re 60 years old!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:04 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Remember that these Hollywood idiots make their money saying and being somebody they are not. They are actors and consequently pretenders. Not one of the current crop of loudmouths finished university and quite a few are high school drop outs. Where it matters is that the media love their drivel and when it is published it becomes "fact". Specially to readers outside of the USA. As I have stated on other threads, I do not trust the media, and this is a classic case of why not. They know they are publishing trash, but trash sells and it also helps to whip the current whipping boy a bit more. Yes, the statements by some of Hollywood's "finest" makes my blood boil too, but I am trying hard to just ignore these traitors. I seldom go to movies any more. I'd better quit before I get wound up.

Quick Reply: My blood is boiling