Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office

Wannadiesel, that would be a violation of our right to free speech, but since we are AMERICANS voicing our opinons, we should be shut up, but let us be from Saudi Arabia, or Iraq, or any of those countries it would be left open for comments becuase they have more rights than we do in OUR own country. Go ahead get it shut down and PROVE our point.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 08-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

[quote author=westcoaster link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=15#msg173390 date=1061085880]
thinking of terror attacks...
Oklahoma city
Unibomber
washington sniper
Waco *?
how about those highschool shootings.
Not a muslum in the bunch (that I know of) all done by (presumably) christian americans.

Did I miss any?
[/quote]
Good point. How 'bout the recent arrest of Eric Rudolph, responsible for the Olympic bombing in Atlanta, as well as abortion clinic and gay bar bombings. The problem is religious EXTREMISTS, not religions, though. BTW, the Washington snipers were American black Muslims, a little more wacko than Farrakan, though.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Adminstrator-ess

[quote author=PumpDaddy link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=30#msg173392 date=1061085994]
Wannadiesel, that would be a violation of our right to free speech, but since we are AMERICANS voicing our opinons, we should be shut up, but let us be from Saudi Arabia, or Iraq, or any of those countries it would be left open for comments becuase they have more rights than we do in OUR own country. Go ahead get it shut down and PROVE our point.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
[/quote]The first amendment only applies to government limitation of speech. Here on DTR, our freedom of speech is limited by what the moderators will tolerate. It's their site.

If a person immigrates to the U.S. and becomes a citizen, it is their country too, just as much as it is your country and mine.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Gary-
Good points. I think that many of the terrorist acts you mentioned weren't commited in the name of Islam, just as many of the terrorist acts mentioned by Westcoaster weren't commited in the name of Christianity. The Palestinian homocide bombers aren't doing it for Allah any more than Tim McVeigh blew up the Murragh building for Jesus. These people are terrorist extremists who just happen to claim alliegance to one religion or another.
Religious terrorists like Bin Laden and Eric Rudolph ARE doing it for Allah and Jesus, but we only seem to be freaking out about Islam, not Christianity. The point I'm trying to make here is that not all terrorists who happen to be Muslims are Muslim terrorists.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:44 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Well, the "Christian" part is CERTAINLY a BIG presumption - simply because they are Americans hardly makes them "Christian", and, the actions of those mentioned above were WIDELY and LOUDLY denounced by ALL in this country
If their white they gotta be a christian... Same as if their brown they gotta be a muslim...(another broad and slightly exaggerated statement...)**
Being an armchair political/religeous expert : my only point in posting those attacks is to prove one small point, it is easy to overlook the short comings of (your) own faith/country and point fingers at another faith/country as being evil.
and, the actions of those mentioned above were WIDELY and LOUDLY denounced by ALL in this country
seeing as the media you listen to is based in america and is focused on brodcasting the news from an american perspective, it is possable that you may have missed the muslim clerics denouncing the attacks in their own way.
I think... I listen to the same media you do. I just don't buy into the notion "all" or even "most" muslims are evil

**edited location for clarity
Old 08-16-2003, 09:47 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Dang... I gotta learn to type faster...
wannadiesel, you expressed what I was thinking far better than I...
Old 08-16-2003, 10:16 PM

[quote author=Cummnzpowr link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=15#msg173057 date=1060984616]
..and why doesn't the post office commemorate Christian's or Diesel enthusiasts with our own stamps,why Muslim heritage?.........[/quote]

You've never received a holiday greeting card with a Christmas stamp affixed to it? ??? Incidently the US Postal Service has released Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Cinco de Mayo stamps as well.

[quote author=PumpDaddy link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=15#msg173380 date=1061084850]
...... As it says IN GOD WE TRUST. allah was not a god, but a THUG, read thier so called bible.......... [/quote]

So you've read the Koran, have you? :
[hr]

It's after reading a thru a thread like this that I thank Our Lord that he guided and gave wisdom to our government to keep separate, Church and State. I'm dumbfounded by the vitriolic hatred, bigotry, and igorance witnessed here. But as French philosopher Francois Marie Arouet ( a.k.a Voltaire) once said, "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it".

Old 08-16-2003, 10:34 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Have just gone back and re-read this entire thread. In spite of the attemps by a few to lead the thread away from the Muslims it seems to keep on coming back to them. Wonder why? Wonder why it is necesssary to focus on the Muslims as the ones destroying your country and not your politicians? For that matter, you the people, elected your country destroying politicians, so then ultimately the finger of blame should rest with every one of you. Wonder why don't you point the finger at yourselves as to the cause of the downhill slide of America? Yes, maybe a few radical Muslims have had a lot to do with the current crop of problems America is experiencing, but isn't that just a symptom? Wonder what the true cause is? Could it maybe be you, and you and you???
Old 08-16-2003, 10:36 PM

I see alot of good points here,,,but even this thread is beginning to test my patience. Good debate gentleman.