Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mr Clean Auto Dry wash system..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, eight months later and here are my impressions now.

The system still cleans the truck well and I don't have to wipe it down when I'm done. Heck, I even bought a second unit for when the first one breaks. All my cleaning utensils get filthy dirty and have to be put in the washer to clean them every few times I use them. I believe that their claims of not removing the wax are false though. If I wax a small patch of paint then feel it with my hand it is much, much smoother than the part I did not wax. The water does not bead up at all after a rain. It is very hard to not get overspray on the parts of the vehicle that you have already washed and sprayed with the de-ionized water so you end up respraying most of the truck at least one more time. Also, for some reason, the part of the windshield that the wipers won't reach always has spots after it dries.

I still use it everytime I wash the beast just because it takes so much less time but I am going to start waxing the truck more often. The soap and filters aren't cheap but my dad works at Pep Boys and I get a good discount.

So, it still cleans pretty much as they claim but I think it is pulling the wax off......
Old 10-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought one and promptly returned it to AutoZone when I realized what junk it was. I guess I should have known better....

Glad you're enjoying yours though.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We've had ours for quite awhile now, (enough to have used 2 refills), and I agree with Dodgezilla; it works well but it DOES pull the wax off. The water here is so hard and full of iron, that we don't just get plain water spots, they turn into rust spots that can't even be waxed off when they dry. The system has stopped the spotting altogether, so it DOES work. I don't find the cost of the soap refills to be much more than any other decent car soap, but of course there are the cost of the filters that you wouldn't have if washing without this system. Over-all, just the fact that it eliminates the rust spots makes it worth the price for me.

chaikwa.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Been using the car wash system for about 5 months now and still pleased with it. I have to change the filter every 6 washing or so because of the hard water.

MikeyB