Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mr Clean Auto Dry wash system..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mr Clean Auto Dry wash system..

Well, I had $22.00 burning a hole in my pocket while at BJs Wholesale club so I decided to buy one of these. I had seen them on TV and it sounded like a great deal, if it works.
First impression is that it works very well. What it does is filter the hard water that leaves spots and you are not supposed to have any spots on your vehicle when it dries even without wiping it down. The handle holds a filter and detergent. First you spray the vehicle with the regular water setting, then you spray it with soap. You wipe the vehicle with a sponge or washmit, then you spray it off with the regular water setting. Next you spray it with the filtered water which comes out as a fine mist. This last step is what eliminates the spotting. I know that usually when I wash the truck, by the time I'm ready to chamois it off, it's already spotting. Especially in the summer.
It doesn't work 100% perfectly but I can tell you that I did not wipe the truck down at all after I finished and it looks great... I'm not sure what the detergent and filters cost by themselves but I'm sure it will cost more than the regular car wash detergent.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I almost bought one today,.......Wally World had 'em for $19.95
Old 02-22-2004, 01:58 PM

I've seen the TV commercials for them. I was waiting for someone to get one to see how good it actually works. How many washes do you think it will last? Was it worth the $?

Boyd.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:21 PM

bought one and tried it yesterday for me the soap is not gonna go as far as they say. it did get alot of dirt off the paint and on the wash mit that I normally dont see and the final rinse step did produce a spot free shine. the soap refills are $5 and change and the filter refills are $6 and change they are both supposed to be good for 10 washes they say the filter may last less depending on how hard the water you have is. Ill let you know what I think after a few more uses but so far seems good.

Dan
Old 02-22-2004, 05:22 PM

I agree with DF5152. These trucks are much bigger than what Mr Clean would consider a normal sized car. I think I will probably get about 6 washes out of the detergent but it's hard to say how long the filter will last. I think it is worth the money...
Old 02-22-2004, 05:42 PM

I might have to try one. We have kinda hard water here.

Boyd.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Chapter President

I have not seen the stuff in person, do you guys think that this little "filter" is taking away all the spot producing particles? Be it calcium or minerals of some sort, I'm not sure about that.

I was afraid that there might be some kind of alcohol or ammonia that would make the water evaporate quickly but eat up and wax you might have on the truck.

Just curious, I am a pessimist of new products. Especially ones that start on info-mertials.

I'm waiting until I know more people that use it. Hope it does work though, makes car washing look a lot easier.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:07 PM

it does something to help filter the impurites form the water and ionize the water also

info on BMW board including replys from the developers
Old 02-22-2004, 09:04 PM

I've never tried Mr. Clean but I did try the amsoil waterless cleaner on my 01 GMC. Although I ran it through the car wash first to get the heavy grime off. I just wasn't convinced that it wouldn't scratch the paint if the truck was really dirty. I was impressed with how well the stuff worked. I think it runs about $6 a can and I was able to get 3 washes out of it. It was a quick process and I didn't get wet! It also leaves a little shine on the clear coat, not like a good wax job, but not too bad considering.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:20 AM
Banned

Hmm. Might have to try that. My roommate and I were wondering about it. College Station has some pretty soft water so I think/hope the filter lasts a little while.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:19 AM

They also claim that it will not remove the wax from your vehicle..
Old 02-23-2004, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went looking for info about this, since everyone who has used one seems to think it works pretty well, and found out you can get two $5 coupons here: http://www.mrclean.com So anyone who isn't in a huge hurry can save $5.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Banned

to make the h2o 'softer' most household units actually ad salt.........ifthis is the case with mr. clean and i hope its not, it would be a bad thing............So dose anyone kmow?????/
Old 02-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by thumper 549
to make the h2o 'softer' most household units actually ad salt.........ifthis is the case with mr. clean and i hope its not, it would be a bad thing............So dose anyone kmow?????/
They don't "add" salt, they use salt water (I.E. Saline Solution) to clean the filter that does the actual softening.

There might be a little residual salt in the filter, but that is gone after a couple seconds of running the tap.

phox
Old 02-23-2004, 03:49 PM

I was at Wallyworld a couple of weeks ago and bought the Mr.Clean system I felt it worked as advertised but the window came out spoted since you got to clean the inside anyway no big deal I give it the thumbs up!

Quick Reply: Mr Clean Auto Dry wash system..