Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mover over Crown Victoria

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Ya gotta do like DC's Chief Wiggums.....I mean Chief "Dude Where's My Car" Ramsey did.....

"Anybody seen my Government owned police issued squad car?"

Nothing more was ever said about it.....and I'll bet they handed him the keys to a brand new one the next morning.

That's not really news for DC, the old former mayor was elected to the city council after he got out of jail and his constituents (which happened to be the poorest district in the city) bought him a new car. Then one of his constituents decided he needed a ride and "borrowed" it after Concilman Berry parked it (in front of city hall I believe). They know it was one of his constituents because they found the car in his district.

Then you can add the Seattle Chief of Police or King County Sheriff (don't recall which one) had his service pistol stolen out of his car in downtown Seattle. Needless to say they haven't found it to my knowledge.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
<edit>...The one thing I noticed about the article when talking about the plastic "barrier" protecting the driver. To be more specific, it's kevlar...<edit>
Well shoot! Pun intended! I ain't a police officer either(and don't play one on TV...) But I was about to ask PLASTIC barrier?? To shield against gasoline fires? I could go along with bullet-resistant Lexan being referred to as plastic(no such thing as bullet-proof according to Mythbuster's) but Kevlar sounds much more realistic and safe. Thanks for the info!