Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

On the Move...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, not the Econo Lodge. Gulf Bay Inn on Gulf to Bay Rd. Not a bad place at all...much better than a couple of the ones we managed to find on the trip!

This is a different world down here. Anchorage had an isolated population of 240,000. Clearwater has an official population of less than 100,000 but there are 10 times the roads and 10 times the amount of traffic compared to Anchorage because it's connected to other cities. I wasn't expecting such an intricate labrynth of pavement for this size population. And I thought Anchorage drivers were bad...oh no! At least in AK the drivers look around before they turn and they don't tailgate. I've come up w/ a theory about city drivers: If it's not in front of their bumper, they can't see it.

And when we get all settled in somewhere I wanna get the names and numbers to all you FL guys and the wife and I will be going on some short road trips around the area to get a good feel for things.

see ya'll later!