Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Motorcycle video clip

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw pictures once of a car that got t-boned by someone with more money than brains doing over 100mph on a bullet bike.
Car was literally cut in half, bike was in multiple pieces, rider got thrown 20 feet or so and pretty much became liquified when he finally came to a stop.

Good thing about leather, it keeps all the body parts together one place.

I wanted a bullet bike at one time, but my insurance agent (father of a girl I grew up with, elementary through high school, married my best friend, etc) said I couldn't pay him enough to get insurance on it, so I called a couple places and the rates were a wee bit more than teenage me could afford, so I settled for the non bullet bike models.

I guess he did me a huge favor.

phox
Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are track days for that kind of riding I gave up crotch rockets all together because your only as safe as the moron next to you whether in a car or a truck.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:46 PM

this really shows how smart these guys are poor girl

http://www.sportbikez.net/video/76
Old 03-12-2005, 12:00 AM

that bike was an yamaha R1(1000cc) look above the speedo it has the R1 symbol, plus it only turned 12,000rpm. 600's turn 15,000rpm at redline
Old 03-12-2005, 07:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
We have a phrase for riders like that....."organ doaners"
Old 03-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by greenworks
this really shows how smart these guys are poor girl

http://www.sportbikez.net/video/76

I know his GF was impressed.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:24 PM

Hmmmm, I'll have to find the url on the 400HP 'busa lifting the front wheel at 180....
Old 03-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by gasitman
Just FYI, that was kilometers an hour, not miles per hour, still, a stupid squid.

I have a zx1200, and it takes alot longer to get to 190 than that. And a wheelie at 120? I don't think so. Listen the the gear shifts, he probably is on a gsxr600, judging from the gauge layout.
I think that was MPH not KMH. 180 KMH is somewhere around 75 and that would barely be keeping up with trafic. Back in collage I had a 93 Yamaha FZR 600. That would do 60mph in 1st and still had 5 more to go. A wheelie at 120 is real easy with the bigger bikes espesaly with a skilled rider. Besides that he dident do a whellie at 120 he set it down in 3rd at around 90mph.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:53 AM

he was running in between 130-150mph. the speedo on my truck has 140k/m as 110mph
Old 03-13-2005, 07:52 AM

Here is a conversion link...140k/h =86.99MPH http://www.onlineconversion.com/speed_common.htm
Old 03-13-2005, 10:19 AM
DTR Advertiser

My older brother and I were towing a trailer with the truck through winding mountain roads when we had a major accident with two motorcylces. We were rolling along with a gooseneck at about 50 MPH when on a turn we saw two motorcyles coming around the corner at a very high rate of speed. It was two young boys. One 15 the other 18. Their parents were behind them driving normally on their own motorcycles. Apparently the two boys decided to race one another out in front of their folks. As we made the corner, all parties tried hard to avoid a collision, but it was not going to happen. One of the boys hit the side of trailer and the other went under it. The one who went under lived. The one who hit the trailer died inside an hour. The trailer removed his leg and beat him pretty hard. The other slid around the tires and slammed into a mountain side while his bike was crushed by the dual tandem axles out back. Their parents were topping the small hill and turning the corner about the time it took place and witnessed the whole thing.

Getting everyone calmed down and trying to help the boys was not easy. They did manage to get a helo in there to pick them up, but it was too late for the younger one. I was so mad at those boys I could have killed them myself with my bare hands. The father tried to beat up my brother who was driving and the mother screamed at us both for what seemed like hours. After the whole thing ended the parents actually came and apologized for their behavior. It was a mess. I hate it now when I see a young kid driving down the road at a high rate of speed on a bike. Yeah, its cool to see and probably a bunch of fun, but I bet none of them have ever had to carry a kids leg to a waiting helo either

Don~
Old 03-13-2005, 11:05 PM

WOW!! Don: Dang, now that’s a regretful, terrible thing to have to witness, let alone be involved in. Great recount on the happenings. Too bad ya just cant turn back the hands of time. I used to ride street.....way too fast. It was great but I knew my time was coming. Had too many "close calls" I got bored way too quickly and solved that problem by twisting the throttle. Fortunately I guess, I knew what was possibly in store for me. One day after doing a 120mph+ run. I parked the bike feeling satisfied and sold it. That’s not too fast now but back then it was. I have seen the aftermaths of way too many bike accidents. We have almost perfect areas to ride here, mountains and curves and weather. Motorcycles are great. I have since ridden with friends that have offered their spare bikes. Same thing again I have to pass and get in front. I love motorcycles. Still have my dirt bike.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by bkrukow
I think that was MPH not KMH. 180 KMH is somewhere around 75 and that would barely be keeping up with trafic. Back in collage I had a 93 Yamaha FZR 600. That would do 60mph in 1st and still had 5 more to go. A wheelie at 120 is real easy with the bigger bikes espesaly with a skilled rider. Besides that he dident do a whellie at 120 he set it down in 3rd at around 90mph.
he was running in between 130-150mph. the speedo on my truck has 140k/m as 110mph

Nope you guys aint so handy with the metric system.

1 Mile = 1.6 Kilometres

so 100 MPH = 160 KMPH

140 Kmph = 87.5 MPH

so forth.

I had a hard time reading if that bike was in MPH or KPH.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:50 PM

These "crotch rockets" are just as bad as jet skis on the river. They should outlaw both. There is no need for them in my opinion. Might as well play russian rullet. That way you wont take a chance of killing someone else.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
These "crotch rockets" are just as bad as jet skis on the river. They should outlaw both. There is no need for them in my opinion. Might as well play russian rullet. That way you wont take a chance of killing someone else.
But that is your opinion, and in this country you are entitled to it. But you should not try to push that on other people.

Its the same as the greenies looking at your truck and saying it is not nessary for private individuals to own a big truck so they should be banned.

It hurts when you read articles that make our trucks as wasteful doesn't it?

Oh and personally I dodn't really want them to ban any type of vehicle that is mostly a danger to the rider and not others
eg. 4wheelers, jet skis, snowmobiles, crotch rockets, or even on that same tread ultralites.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle video clip