Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

More jobs lost

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More jobs lost

Maytag corporation is moving a refrigerator plant to Mexico,and another 1600 people got pink slips for there hard work.This is getting sickening
Old 02-12-2003, 02:38 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:More jobs lost

I remember when Quasar, remember the works in a drawer tv, started this way back when. My question is who is going to buy the things they are selling when there are no more jobs here?
Old 02-12-2003, 02:41 AM

2000000 jobs have been lost since 2000,something has to give.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't even get started on here or Jack would lock this one real quick. Lets just say I agree with you to keep it clean. ;D
Old 02-12-2003, 08:00 AM

To bad we can't boycott,cause some of us couldn' drive our big Dodge.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Yeah Nafta was the way to go allright <br><br> Thank you Bill Clinton for selling us out!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:19 AM

I agree Top; Clinton sold us out in more ways than one. The H1B program (importing foreign workers to fill jobs here) has badly decimated available work in my profession (Computer Software Engineer), and is as corrupt as it comes. The companies &quot;sponsor&quot; an H1B applicant, put them up in a sleasy lease room (usually 3 or more to one place), pay them half what they pay regular employess, and the H1B is not permitted to quit or go to work elsewhere for the sponship term, which I last understand to be 4 years - this is indetured labor (slave labor). The companies increase profits (&quot;shareholder value&quot, the shareholders (legislators?? maybe??) get a larger investment return, the price of labor goes down (driving inflation and interest rates down), and the government substantially reduces long-term debt through the reduced interest rates. The only losers here are the citizens - as usual. What they don't tell us in the &quot;reduced unemployment&quot; and &quot;surging payroll&quot; figures is that many of the higher paid people who became unemployed have had to take much lower paying jobs (that is why the economy is soft and interest rates are down).
Old 02-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Yes sir none of what you are saying surprises me in the least. I am for helping our neighbors around the world, but it should be obvious that we have to help ourselves first.

To effectively offer a lending hand to anybody, you have to start with a strong foundation of your own, you can't help anybody up when you are down slipping in the mud yourself.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:38 AM

True; you can't be much help when you have nothing to help with. I am certainly tired of being the most compassionate society in the world and receiving nothing for it other than contempt. A good example is all the money we sent North Korea (of course, under Clinton!), billions of dollars, to ensure non-proliferation of nukes on their part, and they have done nothing but breach their agreement and threaten us. If we would all take a few minutes to write our congressmen and senators on these issues, the policies would change and return us to a sound footing at home.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:43 PM

Wasn't just Clinton, Republicans was all for NAFTA also,they wanted it just as much.<br>Forget who did it,how can it be fixed.<br>We will all end up living in tent cities if this keeps up.<br>Our whole government is to blame,we are the ones who give them the job of running this country,we need to make them accountable for selling us out.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:03 PM

I agree and disagree. I won't comment anymore becuase I don't want to get banned or killed.... ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 02-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Hablas Espanol? :<br>
Old 02-12-2003, 03:31 PM

Las compañías necesitan girar una ganancia también. ¿Si usted tiene un ramo de trabajadores inútiles que son pagados demasiado y no hacen se agacha para el trabajo, por qué usted no movería sus operaciones a otro país dónde están ellos dispuesto a trabajar para introdujo verdaderamente y menos un trabajo duro de días? Tengo a amigos en Ford la Compañía Motriz que son bien pagadas y hacen apenas algo. Fortunaetly para ellos, ellos tienen el UAW para proteger sus trabajos. Las uniones son un asunto entero de nother aunque. Tan yo no diré ya.. ;D
Old 02-12-2003, 03:34 PM

Now if I actually knew Spanish... I might get one of them jobs!
Old 02-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Yo quierro Taco Bell. <br>

Quick Reply: More jobs lost