Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

MONK: illegal activity, how suspicious are you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
MONK: illegal activity, how suspicious are you?

watched Monk today, thought about this.

Wife worked at a Toys R us for few years in Virginia.

every few months, a lady would come in, with 2 guys, and get a refund on a new, unopened toy.

it happened every few months, enough that the wife grew to recognize them.

the woman would have a receipt from a store a few states north.

the two guys would stand behind her, like enforcers.

wife would take the receipt, inspect the toy, and give them their refund.

we never could figure it out.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a guy where i work got caught making price tags and bar codes at work and walkin in toys r us buying the stuff for super cheap and then selling the stuff on ebay for regular price!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ha ha!! was never nothing big ticket, usually a stuff animal or something small, $20~30
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

They are probably forgeing checks to get the reciept up north and bringing the toy down for a refund. I had a big case like that I worked up for a "nicer" dept. chain store. Had different variations of there name for Wi., Mn. and Mi. Those days the management didn't want to take it to court. I told the local manager not to bother calling police for shoplifters or larceny, unless somebody was injured. The local thief wasn't hurting them nearly as much as this crew. Wasted days on that one. The security guy at a branch in the next city was still interested in protecting his store, so I handed everything to him to watch for them, but again, told him not to waste our time unless they refused to leave for trespassing. He just didn't want HIS store paying money out and wanted to post the info to the clerks.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The next door neighbor is a dealer. Different vehicles, different states all the time evenings and weekends, park for about 15 min and go. Some of the regular ones (local) stay longer and park right infront of the fire hydrant on the property line. I call the local pd once every 2 weeks, they do a drive by and that's it.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Copenhagenjunkie
The next door neighbor is a dealer. Different vehicles, different states all the time evenings and weekends, park for about 15 min and go. Some of the regular ones (local) stay longer and park right infront of the fire hydrant on the property line. I call the local pd once every 2 weeks, they do a drive by and that's it.
A guy in the next apartment building is one too, and it is just as you describe, vehicles coming and going at all times of the day, and mostly not staying for too long. I think he has been caught though