Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mmmm, global warming....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmm, global warming....

I am not a global warming activist and I actually think all the hype is pretty funny. It struck me this morning as I am sitting here having my coffee that my truck is contributing to global warming as I type, and it's not even cranked!

It's plugged in to the extension cord and sucking up power from the local coal power plant, which is shooting smoke up into the atmosphere so that my heater is nice and warm when I get in. I just thought it was funny to be such a part of the problem. Huzzah!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

Like I've said before, I am a firm believer of Global Warming: It's been going on for millions and millions of years..... It's funny that suddenly we are responsible for the last 75 years of this natural phenomenon. Now since my house is heated by natural gas, I guess I can claim my house is "green" because in a vehicle that is considered an "alternative fuel" right?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

Just how "natural" is that gas that heats your house??
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by grantx5
Just how "natural" is that gas that heats your house??
Depends on what I eat for breakfast
Old 11-08-2007, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by blake2500
I am not a global warming activist and I actually think all the hype is pretty funny. It struck me this morning as I am sitting here having my coffee that my truck is contributing to global warming as I type, and it's not even cranked!

It's plugged in to the extension cord and sucking up power from the local coal power plant, which is shooting smoke up into the atmosphere so that my heater is nice and warm when I get in. I just thought it was funny to be such a part of the problem. Huzzah!
Georgia? Plugged in?

Keep using the electricity, it keeps guys like me employed.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah- i remember back in the late 70's, early 80's-the "expert's" were predicting global cooling!! all these experts today never take in account -precipitation! you know why? because you can never know any one given time where it is raining.etc all over the world!! remember- it is all america's fault!!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 PM

warming or cooling just to many of us. rats in a maze.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tate
Georgia? Plugged in? ...
Georgia does get cold. Georgia's where I was in my first ice storm. It laid down four inches of inch back in the winter of 87/88. I was at Fort Gordon and they closed the base. Brrr.

It was fun to drive on, though. A little global warming could be good.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time someone mentions global warming I get all excited. I would love to have my boating season extended. Up here have to winterize 1st week in October and don't see the boat it till April or May . I keep waiting to plant palm trees up here ( I'm not holding my breath)
Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by LVTony
Georgia does get cold. Georgia's where I was in my first ice storm. It laid down four inches of inch back in the winter of 87/88. I was at Fort Gordon and they closed the base. Brrr.

It was fun to drive on, though. A little global warming could be good.

I remember that storm. I was stationed at Warner Robins, and was driving back from Illinois. I got to drive through Atlanta while ice was forming on the roads.

As far as global warming goes, I read something last week that said the earths ave temp hasn't gone up since 1998, and the southern hemisphere is actually starting to get cooler. The planet is doing the same thing it's been doing for millions of years. Man can't start or stop hurricanes, tornadoes, rain, snow, or anything else Mother Nature throws our way. What makes us think we can have any effect on something way bigger than any of that, good, or bad?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Yeah, it's been in the 20s when I leave the house in the morning. I just plug in to have a warm heater and any less wear and tear on the motor is good too.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM

I wonder what the cavemen where saying when the ice age was coming.
(In my best caveman talk)
Hur e bil mor fiurs it geting koldr.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

global warming is just some hype that the liberal media made up to make the republicans look bad....al boore said it best in the inconvient truth where he took a movie and ruined it by bashing bush on the election.

so dont feel bad, its not real

brett
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Global warmins just a clever political way to hit us for higher so called green taxes Just my $0.02
Old 11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well ya know if it wasn't for Al Gore we wouldn't have the internet ( he invented it) and wouldn't have the DTR to yak on.
I don't buy into all this global warming it's just something the earth does every once in a while.

Quick Reply: Mmmm, global warming....