Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Memorial Day break room, 26 May- 2 June

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bobby...go easy on yourself. I know how the stressors can pile up. You don't want your tests showing the wrong results for the doc or you.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Doc yesterday was non-commital - - starting to wonder if I am just another regular few bucks in his pocket.
an epiphany maybe.......
Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very beneficial rains here this past week or so. Thankful we got them cause I know they'll disappear in the next few weeks. Hope everyone up in Chris' area survived the tornadoes.....apparently there were several up in Kansas.

I have 2 more days before my work week starts back up so I better get after it. Already got the truck washed...need to get started on the yard before I head to class this afternoon. Later.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOOOOOOOD MORNING DTRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

sending guatamalan workers to Fiverbobo, they listen, polite, respect property and work all day and then some to get a perfect job done and cleaned up. Mommy says "one thing at a time". use the neighbors pool to relax...

Good to have folks post!! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!! just shop talk with what's up with you ?

chiakwa- very good of you to on the sunshine canal.

I have met with some politicians. had enough sunshine .....well, you know!

LOVE to all the good guyz Chris, Top, Scotty, Tallguy,Justin,NEfarmworkinhisbuttoff.........and so on fellas!

lots going on, still available for margaritas to be faxed......
Old 05-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement, gang. Needed that. PET scan is over - - I guess they call that a "stress test" for a reason. Hate that stuff they shoot in your veins to stress the heart, but guess it does the job. This is the one time the doc hands me real coffee and tells me drink up - - guess the caffeing helps counteract that stuff. Guess I will hear from him this afternoon with results.

Pool man coming this afternoon to finish up his job - - didn't need to get all stressed out, but hate it when people don't finish their job right. GGGRRR - - oopppsss, there goes the blood pressure again. Oh how beautiful it is outside. Clouding up for another nice rain to help the lawn recover from its shock of no watering for so long. Everything is wonderful - - you are great - - didn't taste the ph00 yet today cuz I can drink the other stuff for today until 3pm, then no more. So, there.

OK, off to relax and smell the gardenias. Have fun,

Bobby
Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
chiakwa- very good of you to on the sunshine canal.
HEIDI!!! Great to see you here once again! Got your message... THANK YOU! Sorry I missed your call. I woulda liked to talk but I was running our lovely mower. Run it for 3 hours, work on it for 4.

Thanks for the encouragement, gang. Needed that. PET scan is over - - I guess they call that a "stress test" for a reason. Guess I will hear from him this afternoon with results.
Well? It's afternoon, what's the news? We care about ya Bob!

Afternoon all.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Well? It's afternoon, what's the news? We care about ya Bob! Afternoon all.
Thanks for asking and remembering. I got my call about 4pm from my doctor. Good news. He says blood flow is the same as it was in my test in 2005, five years after the bypass operation - - and that one was great. So, 13 years and no decrease in blood flow - - that is very encouraging. So, we have to trace a little further and find out what is causing these stupid PVC's. That comes next week when I see the heart "electrician." LOL

Mama is calling for supper - see ya.

HappyBob
Old 05-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Good...grrrrreat news Bobby! I think the cause of your other issue is you need bigger Depends. I sent out a case of Lary's cuz going smaller to mine will only aggravate your situation.
I'm here to help.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I'm here to help.
Yeh, I know. That is a VERY scary thought. ............................................YOu are a mess you crazee Canuck. Still like ya. LOL

Finished the initial prep on the pool and it is filling right now. At last. Can't wait to finish this mess. Hopefully this will happen before heading to Seattle to welcome the new twins. Guess we will keep everything inside when we leave considering it is summer in Florida - - no telling if mama nature will get restless and decide to blow off steam a bit around here. Gotta be ready for her.

OK, blonde is lonesome - - shutting this thing off for the night and go keep her company.

Bobby
Old 05-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for asking and remembering. I got my call about 4pm from my doctor. Good news. He says blood flow is the same as it was in my test in 2005, five years after the bypass operation - - and that one was great. So, 13 years and no decrease in blood flow - - that is very encouraging. So, we have to trace a little further and find out what is causing these stupid PVC's. That comes next week when I see the heart "electrician." LOL

Mama is calling for supper - see ya.

HappyBob

Good news Bobby, your in my thoughts and prayers also. If I may, be very cautious of any over the counter allergy medication you may take or want to take with you current condition.

God bless.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:44 AM

Came in to post a pic of a NAPA filter I picked up today. Then I noticed there was no new break room. Then I realized today was Thursday (Friday now I guess) and not Sunday, even though I had the day off.

Got two tires ordered for the Amigo, went with Sigma's from the local co-op, they are a Cooper brand. BFG's weren't much more $ to my door, but then would need mounted and balanced. The back ones are weather-checked worse, so they are getting changed now, should get the fronts in a couple weeks.

Also got new right side mirror glass ordered. It's been missing for 2 years, the hail storm that took out half of McCook got it.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Morning all.

Today is Friday, May 31. May is just about finished already!

1854 - The Kansas-Nebraska Act passed by the U.S. Congress.

1859 - In London, Big Ben went into operation. The name Big Ben initially referred to the bell inside the tower but later came to refer to the tower.

1870 - E.J. DeSemdt patented asphalt. You might say he paved the way for smoother streets!

1879 - New York's Madison Square Garden opened.

1884 - Dr. John Harvey Kellogg patented "flaked cereal."

1889 - In Johnstown, PA, more than 2,200 people died after the South Fork Dam collapsed.

1900 - U.S. troops arrived in Peking to help put down the Boxer Rebellion.

1907 - The first taxis arrived in New York City. They were the first in the United States.

1909 - The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) held its first conference.

1927 - Ford Motor Company produced the last "Tin Lizzie" in order to begin production of the Model A.

1962 - Adolf Eichmann was hanged in Israel. Eichmann was a Gestapo official and was executed for his actions in the **** Holocaust.

1977 - The trans-Alaska oil pipeline was finished after 3 years of construction.

1994 - The U.S. announced it was no longer aiming long-range nuclear missiles at targets in the former Soviet Union.

2003 - In North Carolina, Eric Robert Rudolph was captured. He had been on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list for five years for several bombings including the 1996 Olympic bombing.

Today's thought:
Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

Cardiac C0ffee has been made especially for Bob! And there's ph00 t00!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:34 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts

HappyBob
About half the population has PVC's. Usually associated with stress, like worrying about PVC's.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Morning all.
Cardiac C0ffee has been made especially for Bob! And there's ph00 t00!
Cardiac Coffee - - now that is a new one. I guess the real stuff was anti-stress cardiac coffee yesterday. They even made me eat chocolate which is a no no. I guess I will stick to the ph00 and be good, but thanks for thinking of me.

Pool is just about full - - then I can do the "hot burn" for it and then balance it out over the next two weeks. Then my pool guy can take it over when we leave. Paver seal is tomorrow if the weather cooperates - - otherwise wait til Monday. Boy, that will be nice to have that over. Then I can do the little stuff like pour and paver entry slopes to the two patio doors, new plants at the rear of the pool, finish mulching (only have 78 more bags to go). Wow, progress at last.

OK, gunna go do some work. CYA..............

Bob
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I'm very pleased you are good to go Bobby.
Stress...it manifests itself in so many ways.
I'm going to the circus tonight under the big top...not with Top.

allturd phoo all around...free Depends for everyone.

Yes Bobby I'm messed...I fit right in at this break room.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day break room, 26 May- 2 June