Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Memorial Day break room, 26 May- 2 June

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Nuther train wreck - - what is going on in our country.
I don't get it either. Caused by a truck. Drivers are SUPPOSED to be professionals but from what I've seen lately, they aren't setting much of an example.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Scotty, I also hope you're moving in the right direction.
Scotty has his poop in a group! He just questions and second guesses himself. Which, in a way, is probably a good thing. But he can think things thru, see all sides of a situation and make informed, intelligent decisions. I should be so lucky as to be able to do that!

Evening to y'all!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Question

Thanks for the well wishes folks!
Bobby come on by!
Things might be different for me by tomorrow afternoon.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scotty
Things might be different for me by tomorrow afternoon.
Well of COURSE things will be different tomorrow. If they were the same, it'd still be today!

Good luck Scotty!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Well of COURSE things will be different tomorrow. If they were the same, it'd still be today!

Good luck Scotty!
kind of like our names...the same but very different. Yeah thats it yeah.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
That WILL be fun! When do you want us there? This weekend too soon?
Yes it's too soon. I don't think I'll be done planting in time to get there this weekend.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Yes it's too soon. I don't think I'll be done planting in time to get there this weekend.
Neither will I. I will not be even finished by this weekend. Never thought this project would drag out like this one. I think I am just slowing down or something. LOL

Gorgeous morning has dawned, rain projected, no workers yet, hope the rain does not interfere with them. I WANT IT DONE - YA HEEAARRRE ME? DONE!!!!!!!!!!...................................

Off to the doc this morning to see if I am still alive. Another one tomorrow morning - - PET scan. He was not happy with what he heard last week. Don't like that. We will see.

Bob
Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Good luck with the tests Bobby. Let us know how it goes.
Bee Ute Tee Full day here.
Supposedly a big rain event headed our way. One forecast has over 100 millimeters.
I think 25mm is one inch. Dang Metric.

Today is a good day to LOOK AT MY LEGGS!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25,4 mm is one inch, but if you´re about to get anywhere near 4 inches of rain, I´d say them last 0,4 REALLY doesn´t matter

Good luck on the changes Scotty

Last week there was a train accident around here somewhere, some guy with a tractor and a 25 tons liquid manurespreader didn´t see the train coming...nobody got hurt badly, but the smell wasn´t that good they said

Take care, and be nice...or at least try your best

Slev
Old 05-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

A train wreck involving 25 tons of liquid manure - hmm, that sounds like the breakroom on a normal day.......
Old 05-29-2013, 04:19 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
A train wreck involving 25 tons of liquid manure - hmm, that sounds like the breakroom on a normal day.......
sounds more like my first marriage....

Been a busy boy here, between the weather, the basement, and the kids, I havent had time to get online for a week or more!
Supposed to be painting a bathroom ceiling right now actually...

Had a good weekend, paid respects to our vets, got chores semi-caught up and even mamaged to sneak in a few hours fishing, and landed a 7lb small-mouth( which is a good-un for the lakes around here)
lost my fav crankbait tho.

Dang tornado missed us, could of used the remodel on the house..

Well, better get at it or I'll hear from THE BOSS when she sees that ceiling still aint done..

offtosniffpaintandkeepTHEBOSShappy.......Chris
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM

Got the final tally on what I am planting and what's left. I have about 120 acres. Being it's only 2 fields, if I leave and get the tractor, and the boss takes the fertilizer over for me, then picks up the truck I take to the tractor, one more day should do it. Other than the Lashley terraces in the last 70 acres.

Lashley's run a dirtmoving company that doesn't know how to move dirt. Crossing one of their terraces with a piece of farm equipment is about like crossing the Alps. Hopefully I don't flip the Steiger or rip any row units off the planter. I've told people that if they ever hear me mention hiring them to do any dirtwork, please just knock my butt out.

Getting some nice steady showers right now. Hope it keeps up. Need the rain, and a day off would be nice, though I kinda would rather get the corn done tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 PM

Got over a half inch tonight so far. No work tomorrow. Going to go see about tires for the Amigo. I can get BFG AT/TA's for about 790 off evilpay, but then I still have mounting/balancing to pay for. Wally's-mart has Nexan Roadian A/T's, which I have 2 on the Dodge, but they are kinda thin and get punctured easily, for about $130. I can get Kenda Klever A/T's off evilpay for about the same price.

Going to see what Orshlen's can do on a set of Cooper AT3's.

Too many numbers, and I am tired. Off to bed.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Wow, what the heck happened in here today; it has been awfully quiet. Did someone drop an air biscuit or something?
We are in a rain pattern right now. The moisture is good for the hay fields and the garden but we could use some sun too
As I have said before, I have access to irrigation water. As long as the hay fields get what they need, I can put water on the garden. I don't have access to a sunshine canal. Come on Mr. Sun; time for you to come for a visit for a while.
Have a good nite all y'all.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
I don't have access to a sunshine canal.
If you only knew how hard I'm tryin' to NOT make a lewd comment on that!

Mornin' all!

It's THURSDAY! May 30th.

1431 - Joan of Arc was burned at the stake in Rouen, France, at the age of 19.

1783 - The first daily newspaper was published in the U.S. by Benjamin Towner called "The Pennsylvania Evening Post"

1848 - W.G. Young patented the ice cream freezer.

1854 - The U.S. territories of Nebraska and Kansas were established.

1868 - Memorial Day was observed widely for the first time in the U.S.

1883 - Twelve people were trampled to death in New York City in a stampede when a rumor that the Brooklyn Bridge was in danger of collapsing occurred.

1889 - The brassiere was invented.

1896 - The first automobile accident occurred in New York City.

1911 - Ray Harroun won the first Indianapolis Sweepstakes. The 500-mile auto race later became known as the Indianapolis 500. Harroun's average speed was 74.59 miles per hour.

1912 - The U.S. Marines were sent to Nicaragua to protect American interests.

1921 - The U.S. Navy transferred the Teapot Dome oil reserves to the Department of the Interior.

1922 - The Lincoln Memorial was dedicated in Washington, DC.

1943 - American forces secured the Aleutian island of Attu from the Japanese during World War II.

1958 - Unidentified soldiers killed in World War II and the Korean conflicts were buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

1997 - Jesse K. Timmendequas was convicted in Trenton, NJ, of raping and strangling a 7-year-old neighbor, Megan Kanka. The 1994 murder inspired "Megan's Law," requiring that communities be notified when sex offenders move in.

Today's thought:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

C0ffee's on. So is the ph00!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - running thru on the way to a PET scan. Wow, I hate these things - - I react to the stress shot quite bad - - feels just like a heart attack and that ain't fun. Oh well, doc wants to know what is happening in there and he is good. Doc yesterday was non-commital - - starting to wonder if I am just another regular few bucks in his pocket.

Got home yesterday to a job unfinished on the pool. ................Mercy guys - - I would love to grab whomever it was and ask him if he would accept what he did if he had paid a lot of money to have it done. So, had to turn off the water so I could get down in there and finish his job. ...........................................Very disappointing. That puts me two days behind and we leave in two weeks and I have a lot of stuff to do without this. Had it all planned by the day - - just blew that one. Oh well, don't stress out Bob - - must be a reason for it all. Maybe to teach me patience - - - NO, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO LEARN ABOUT PATIENCE. NO MOMMY, LEAVE ME ALONE...............

OK, grabbing my ph00 and out of here. Ya'll be good.

Bob

Quick Reply: Memorial Day break room, 26 May- 2 June