Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Memorial Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Memorial Day

Just wanted to wish everyone on the board a Happy Memorial Day, especially all the veterans and special thoughts to anyone who has lost a friend or relative to help keep our country free. That is what this holiday is all about.

Drive safely this weekend and have a good time!!!

John (DH)
Old 05-28-2004, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I am going to a memorial service for one of our fallen heros Monday at Ft Lewis, WA. America, Land of the free...because of the brave
Old 05-28-2004, 09:35 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to see this Post.
May God Bless all those who have Lost a Loved one or Comrade in defence of this Great Land.
And My God Bless America dispite ourselves.
Freedom Has a High Price! All gave some Some gave ALL
Old 05-28-2004, 10:11 AM

Cool

Remember all those who gave their lives to protect our freedom and those who are doing it today. You can not let them be forgotten.
MIA/POW
Old 05-28-2004, 09:25 PM

Son of a Vietnam Vet, Grandson of a WWII Vet, proud friend of an Army Serviceman in Iraq, and proud American. I give remembrance and thanks to those who fought before me and still fight for my country on this Memorial Day weekend.

We Have Not Forgotten and We Will Never Forget
Old 05-28-2004, 11:08 PM

Cool

Thanks for your tribute to us vets. My Dad was a World War II Army vet, my brother a Korean Army Vet, and myself a Viet Nam Army vet, my son is currently in the Army on his 12th year, a crew chief on a BlackHawk Helicopter.
Thanks--Ray
Old 05-29-2004, 12:14 AM

God Bless you all and have a safe memorial weekend. Thank you to all our men and women that have served and serve our country.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
God bless our servicemen where ever they are engaged as soldiers of freedom. We won't forget all those hero's of yesterday that are still out on patrols from previous battles.

The tree of liberty is fed by the blood of her patriots, God bless all who have fallen defending liberty all around the world so that we may continue to live in a free Republic.

Proud to have served 22 years U.S. Army Retired.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:42 AM

I'll start this post with somewhat of a preface. I lost my grandmother less than a week ago. I do not wish any sympathy from the members of this board. If you feel inclined, please give to the American Heart Association. My point for a second post is to make sure that everybody realizes that even in a time of conflict, we don't forget those who serve in this country either as wives, husbands, children, grandchildren or just a regular citizen. We can all have a part if we only see that we can help in some fashion. Send a letter, collect non-perishable goods, or take pictures of your "home" to send to a soldier... anything to help our soldiers remember that the fight is not lost and is indeed true. Show them that we care. One of my very good friends is serving and I do my best to help him get through but not everyone is so lucky. Find 5 minutes in your day and you could change a soldiers life.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:54 PM

Grandson of a WWII vet. God bless our fallen Servicemen and women. If any of you are in Salt Lake City on a Thursday, the city library system up there hosts a presentation by a WWII vet every Thursday evening. These folks have very interesting stories to share and they are now dying at the rate of about 1,200 per day. Thank one and listen to what they have to say while you can.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:16 AM

When I was stationed at Davis Monthan a few years back I would run into some guys from different wars. We would start talking and they would ask me what I did. When I told them I worked on aircraft the stories would start. Man I could sit for hours and listen to them talk about the good old days. One of the schools that I had to go to we had a former POW from Vietnam. The hell that he had to go though was unbelivable. One of the very best speakers I ever heard was Col. Fox. He is one of the people that was shot down over Iraq during Desert Storm and my squadron commander. He went into every detail from the time his A-10 got hit to the time he was released. You know it makes me feel proud to be in the military when I see posts like this. I want to say thanks. I hope everybody has a great Memorial Day.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:22 AM

My father-in-law joined the Navy in 1942. He saw action in four conflicts; WWll, The Bay of Pigs, Korea and in Kuwait. He hated war but would fight to the death to keep America free even as an old man if uncle Sam wanted him. Early in the conflict in Iraq, our flag was stolen from the end of our driveway five times by protesting college kids who burned them during anti-war demonstrations. When the newspaper ran the stories, and each time he heard someone blame our president, he was quick to say, “Feel free to leave at anytime” and “Freedom isn’t free. Just visit any national cemetery.” He lost buddies in WWll and because he knew first-hand some cultures hate Jews and Americans, he refused to shop products made within the borders of Axis powers. We lost Dad last August. I miss his stories and salute him, along with all the others who chose to go as an honor to the country they loved so much. It would have been great and an honor for me to have taken him to visit the WWII memorial during it's dedication. Nat
Old 05-30-2004, 08:22 AM

Thank you. USN retired. 20+ years Silent Service.
God Bless all still serving, those who did serve, and those who payed the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:16 PM
DTR Advertiser

Everyone have a great Memorial Day!!

With two grandparents involved ( both dead ) I have stories. Man I have stories.

Thanks to the grunts, airmen and sailors who gave some or all.

Lets not forget the folks that were on the other side. They lost their fair share of men and women too.

Don~
Old 05-30-2004, 11:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thank you to all who have served, are serving, and will serve in the future.

Say 'thank you' when you talk to a Veteran. Not just on Memorial Day, but everyday- I do.

Mike

Quick Reply: Memorial Day