Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Marine Corps DTR Breakroom 15-21 April, Jarhead Joe and Navy donuts...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Stuffed my face at a mexican joint. Last meal out with the family. Busy again tomorrow. Getting a NAM first thing in the morning, ..
lots of brown noser's get NAM's

...uh, might wanna wipe those re-fried beans off your nose....
Old 04-19-2007, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening all. What a wakeup we had today. When we went to bed last night it was raining. This morning there was a foot of wet snow on the ground.

Almost wished I had taken a snow day instead of going to work. Had to 4x4 it for the first 5 miles till I got out to pavement where it had melted a little. On top of that the power went out from 10AM to 7PM. More rain and sleet all day.

There was a lot of whining when i got home from my son cause there was no heat on. Rapped up in a blanket looked kind of funny, asked him what he would do if he lived when there was no electric? Mumble mumble was all I got out of him, hehehe. Youngsters are kind of oblivious to what it was like not that long ago.

Hat limber up those vocal cords, do a few doe,rae,me's to clear the cobwebs for Sat. Don't want to be in the middle of a rant and go all squeaky.

See everyone in the AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Good to see all the posts! Keep 'em coming in new guys!

heh, I can relate to the white stuff Ijobb! had to go 235 miles North to find the beautiful weather and no snow... Iiiiiiiiii love new yooooorrrrrrkk..

MADHAT! my son was thinking about the marines (he hates the air force)
and all's I could think of was meeting you at Parris island; I hope he doesn't meet you. I explained the basics of each branch:
Navy little boredom, lots of comraderie
Army: people state I have been IN the Army...
Marines= for life, you are a marine till you die.

he likes a challenge, to push himself. he can strip an SKS clean in about 10 seconds, went to Costa Rica by himself at 15, used survival skills for three months to live/work at scout camp (working the gun range). he just couldn't handle all the down time at college....wanted more structured environment.
ya pal, the military is for you, go for it.....so we will see in the fall what happens. Thanks , Hat, for being open, honest, and sincere. true colors man, true colors. as 04 says- go get 'em! All the best to you, big boxes on the way to your homeland.....

Janitor is alive, well and misses DTR chatter! I lied and told him we miss his coffee cover me, breakroom folks!....

REDLEG, can't help ya get stuff if you don't pm me or call me back with some info on your part needs. car part needs, not your private parts....

hey flyboys! great day for flight up North, GEICO your project plane has to have arrived. apache helos, a squad of chinooks, three C-130s in tight formation all playing up there. C-5 starlifter comes low over a road, even though the sign warns of military aircraft flying low; man it definitely gets your attention!! LOTS of movement for the 10th Mountain Div. trucks and buses all over!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Too early mornin' all,

Wife still in Dallas, haven't heard from her tonight. She is out having fun, or went back to the hotel and crahsed after a busy day.

Just came by to drop these off. The berry berry cobbler is good with the cool whip.

Gonna jump in to bed, and let my beady little eyes slam shut.

Be safe out there.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:42 AM

MadHat Hard at work..............
Old 04-20-2007, 04:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Rise & Shine lounge loosers. Time to get up and start a happy day. CIN's coffee is better than the mud you know who makes.

Don't forget to wear your maroon & orange today in support of Virgina Tech. VT is a great school that has suffered a huge loss to their soul. They need our support all over this country.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
GEICO your project plane has to have arrived.
Negatory, Sun N Fun (big airshow in Florida) is captivating everyone's attention right now. Has the snow melted yet?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:12 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning all..................

is good, and the Cool Whip doesnt need any cobbler.......thanks dssimecek

Not much moving today, Scheduled Day Off for half the post, so gonna be slow around here.....nicotine cravings are diminsihingquite a bit, altho i cheated and smoked one last night,,, tasted like what came out of the short end of the giraffe a few days ago, and gave me a heck of a headache.......
I guess thats a good sign..

The mare is still being stubborn. Last night around 2200, she started sweating and got real restless, rubbing her tail, and repeatedly laying down and getting up... I thought " alright! we're gonna get this over with"....
she kept it up for about an hour then stopped, looked right into the camera, rolled her upper lip back and laughed at me........turned around , went to the hay rack and started eating like nothing had happened.... .........We're having a neighborhood BBQ Saturday...........
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Mornin!!! I know I'm late! Agreed nothing but a spoon for the coolwhip.

Rad,I got your blah,blah,blah,lol
Geico,thanks for the coffee!
Chrisr., Your mare knows your gonna have a BBQ Sat. that's when she's gonna have her Baby.

2 Pots of Coffee's on for ya'll.

Okay guys and gals I might as well tell you.
I am kinda sad but kinda glad.

Last night I sold my Red 98 12V.

Woohoo.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Hat, don't forget that last name. I'm ready to go here.
Huh? You commin?
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Kill them recruits! Do your thing Hat, you make us all proud by building American hero's
Thanks, Top. Don't worry, I will...
Originally Posted by 04ctd
lots of brown noser's get NAM's
...uh, might wanna wipe those re-fried beans off your nose....
You like to be abused, huh Senior?
Originally Posted by l jobb
Hat limber up those vocal cords, do a few doe,rae,me's to clear the cobwebs for Sat. Don't want to be in the middle of a rant and go all squeaky.
Lalalalalalaaaaaa!!!
and all's I could think of was meeting you at Parris island; I hope he doesn't meet you. I explained the basics of each branch:
Tell him to call me. PM me and I'll send you a few numbers... I do not know about the navy and the comraderie, they sucked last time I checked.
Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
MadHat Hard at work..............
Freakin thanks!! I wish. All the jokes!!!
Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Last night I sold my Red 98 12V.
Glad you sold it, Cin. Happy for you.

No NAM today. They called me after the PFT, said it was a no go, then called back and said it was on, then called back and said it was off. I got in and out of uniform 3 freaking times... I told them if it was back on, just don't call me... Wouldn't make it anyway...
Good PFT today. Nice and broke off...

Where's the ?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:56 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=CIN'S DODGE;1470030]Chrisr., Your mare knows your gonna have a BBQ Sat. that's when she's gonna have her Baby.
QUOTE]

Ummmm.. CIN? think about it...... the mare IS the BBQ........
Old 04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Okay Chris, you are full of it this morning.hehehe.

Hat, thanks! BTW the coffee is right in front of you.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:34 AM

he likes a challenge, to push himself. he can strip an SKS clean in about 10 seconds, went to Costa Rica by himself at 15, used survival skills for three months to live/work at scout camp (working the gun range). he just couldn't handle all the down time at college....wanted more structured environment.
ya pal, the military is for you, go for it.....so we will see in the fall what happens.

Wanna ... Let your boy know ... the SEALs are putting out crazy amounts of $$ right now. They have lots of "expansion" going on right now and if the boy has a level head, it might be worth looking into.

Oh yeah ... and good morning everyone. Gotta get Jr to school.

Later, PISTOL
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 AM

Morning Ladies and gents. Snow has NOT melted overnight. I guess that was wish full thinking.

Coffee is good this AM. Davey thanks for bringing in the snacks, something for everyone.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 AM

Mornin' all,

Houston Hobby Airport
Lat: 29.65 N Lon: 95.28 W Elev: 85 ft Last Update on Apr 20, 7:53 am CDT
Fog/Mist 65°F (18°C) Humidity:90 % Wind Speed: E 3 MPH Barometer: 30.04" (1017.7 mb) Dewpoint: 62°F (17°C) Visibility: 6.00 mi

Wife just called, when she opened the truck, the horn sounded 3 times, the alarm letting her know that someone or something was messing with the truck. She is going to look it over closely. Also suggested she notify hotel security. If she gets finished with work in time she will head back to Houston.

CIN, did you get what you asked for the ret truck? Did you find the chocolate on the table? The dark chocolate is my favorite.

I jobb, your welcom, enjoy the coffee and snacks and wait for the thaw, might be a looooong time.

AKPaul, nice pix of Hat,

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Kill them recruits! Do your thing Hat, you make us all proud by building American hero's
Top, well said about Hat. Thanks for posting that.

Wannabe, with the way you raised your son, he will make a good choice on his future, and do well at it. Have you made the puppy drop to the janitor yet? Why don't you fly Geico's project plane out to him?

ChrisR, no more smoke, execpt from the BBQ. How long does it take to BBQ a horse? Put a picture up for the mare to see on what she is supposed to do.

Pistol, good info on the navy seals. That is an elete outfit. Enjoy retirement.

Geico, hey keep the noise down, what are you doing up at that time of the morning, or just getting home? Are you at the SUN N FUN?

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Chapter President

Howdy all, I finally got back online, I worked the rodeo last night from 6pm-12am got up this morning and was still 5 minutes late to work it this morning 9am-12pm. And I get to work it again tonight, but I get to rope so I won't be running the chute the whole time. It's going to be a long weekend, put plenty of coffee on for me.
Duallyabouttopassoutfrombeingsodogtired

Quick Reply: Marine Corps DTR Breakroom 15-21 April, Jarhead Joe and Navy donuts...