Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mans best freind

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mans best freind

Of all the pets we have had in our family, our last one was a boarder collie. She was on smart dog and have never seen anything like it, my wife wanted this dog for herself when we lost our last dog. But how things went the wife was working and I had to retire early due to injury and this dog attached itself to me. This was one devoted dog, I had never thought I would be so attached to is thing. Seven years later as of last week we went on a vacation for a week and left the dog at home with my son and for some unknown reason she ventured out on the logging road behind us in the early morning, and she has road sense and was hit and killed ( the traffic on this road is lite to none) I have never experience such loss, DANG I miss her. I do not fix blame on anyone crap happens. Its hard not to turn around and see her at your heals.....goodby.....she was spoiled and loved.....see you down the road piper my thoughts are with you.........Dad
Old 03-29-2014, 02:49 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, man....

Although I've never met you, or you poochie, I can tell you that by reading your words, and knowing the losses I've been through myself, I can feel your pain.

Best thing is to chill out for a few days, and go to your local shelter and pick up an older dog that no one wants. There's no greater feeling than giving new life to a friend for life. Piper would have wanted it that way...
Old 03-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, I'm sorry... I'm feeling emotional just reading this, I know the feeling.

Time will heal, remember the great times.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:59 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
A real sting for sure.

Sorry, man. Don't know what else to say....
Old 03-29-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes Thanks, I just have a need to vent, just trying my best to get through this.......... looking for another.........but not rushing.Memories are just so strong just takes time!!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:26 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shorts lost Chester today.
The old saying of misery loves company doesn't work when it comes to losing a dog-
Its such a personal loss.
Sorry for your hurt.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
R.I.P. Piper
Old 03-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
My deepest condolences on the loss of your best friend
Old 03-30-2014, 04:48 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Amazing how these critters can attach themselves to you. My daughter had a flying squirrel that she had rescued and cared back to health. Put up a run around the ceiling of her bedroom. That little sucker would fly across the room, land on the bed and lay on her pillow beside her all night. It would sit on her lap to be pet or lay on her desk and watch her while she was on the computer. Follow her all over the house. Amazing to watch. She really misses it.

Good idea - - get another nice dog from the shelter - - give it a chance for another life. Sorry for your loss.

Bob
Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Shorts lost Chester today.
The old saying of misery loves company doesn't work when it comes to losing a dog-
Its such a personal loss.
Sorry for your hurt.
Very well said Bark.

I too, know what you're going thru DB and I can only offer my deepest sympathies and condolences. They say time heals all wounds, but it really doesn't. I think it's more a case of getting used to and living with them.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:10 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dieselbuilder, I'm sorry about your pup. I read your post yesterday but wasn't ready to pop in just yet. I'm sure yall are heartbroken.

As Bark mentioned I lost my Chester yesterday. I'm right there with you. I just keep thinking, "I want my dog back". That ache is killing me.

I beg for time, not to forget but like Chaikwa said, to get use to living without. This is my first morning without. All the "firsts" are coming, I'm not looking forward to them.

I hope you find some comfort and peace.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So sorry for your loss, I know the feeling. We have a great chocolate lab now going on ten, had her since she was six weeks old and she is like one of our family. Our kids are all grown adults now so she is our baby. Before Annie our current lab we had Sheba a mix of collie and shepherd a very smart dog too. She lived to be fifteen years old and had to be put down because of health reasons, quality of life was gone for her. When the time came to take her in for her last day my wife and I loaded her up in the truck. She had ridden in there many times on a lot of outings. When we got to the vet I couldn't go in, my wife had to, old macho had to stay in the truck and cry like a baby. How we get attached to our animals is not hard to figure out. Bottom line "Dogs are Gods gift to man" they love you unconditionally, wait for you to come home and are always glad to see you. Us humans find comfort in their presence. As said before remember your good times with your dog.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers for you. A sad time for sure.

Every once in awhile I feel/hear a presence of my four legged friends.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
In 1987 I met my girlfriend / turned wife, and prior to that I had never owned, nor wanted a "dog". Yuk. Dog poop, Dog Pee, smelly wet rain soaked dogs, and I was slightly allergic to them as well, as I would break out in a rash on my inner forearms / torso, if I rubbed up against them for too long. When we got married in 95, we just had to have a dog...

Forwards to current times:

Could not live without a dog in my home.... Just can't.....

I've had lots of people tell me when their dog passes away, that

"I'll never own another dog for as long as I live..... it just hurts too much when they die".

While I'm in complete agreement that when one of my dogs pass, that it's, by far, the most difficult pain to go through, I tell them that the decade and a half of joy that is brought to you, is a "GIFT" that far surpasses any sadness, despair, or suffering you go though when your loved one transfers into the next realm. Someday, you'll meet up again, if it's any condolence....

I have my past dogs in my cell phone, and there isn't a week that doesn't go by that I don't think about, or reminisce of the joy I received from them.....

Honestly, can't say that about "most" people I've known that have passed. Unfortunately, the unconditional love received by a dog, doesn't compare to most humans I've known and lost...

Name:  MeandSchmoe1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  61.3 KB

My dog Moe-mo has been gone for nearly 3 years, and to this day, I still get all choked up each time I see pictures of her. I've never been that close with any human as I was with that dog (emotionally) other than my wife, and I'll always have her in my heart until the day I pass as well, and meet up with her on the other side of the "Bridge".

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
Old 03-30-2014, 11:47 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Diesel,
good thoughts sent to you from the other North. from the first to the last, even placing a beloved Siberian (needed a book to understand) I personally placed in a home, being the hardest cause you always wonder...

Rainbow Bridge indeed. let Peace prevail, hearts heal but never forget. for me, when it really gets to me, I volunteer at a shelter. just to pet the big dogs....yeah. feel for ya brother.

Here's warm cookies and spiced hot apple cider from DTR mom, you'll be right as rain and watched over....

Quick Reply: Mans best freind