Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Man I had an awsome day!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man I had an awsome day!

So I got off of work early today - bout 1pm... heading up the hill from Hoover Dam - and I notice a Dodge CTD with the hood up - got a 5th wheel horse trailer behind it and 2 horses tied up to the side. I drove right on past them - then something told me to go turn around and go back to help.

When I pulled up asked if they were broke down - yep - clutch stuck in gear, couldn't do anything and they had just been towed up from being smack dab in the middle of the Dam holding up traffic...

Since I have 3 horses, and pleanty of room for a couple more - I offered to haul their trailer 6 miles to Boulder City and they would be welcome to use my spare stall - and hook ups for the trailer and all... Tow truck finally got there... Got his 98.5 CTD dully on the tow truck, and I hooked up to that WAY WAY heavy trailer, but I still managed to pull it going about 45 up that grade into Boulder City. Got their truck dropped off at the fix-it shop and then took them (Linda and Gene) and their trailer down to the barn.

Since I had to go into Vegas anyways - I offered to take them to the rental car place, which they happily said yes - and then gave me $60 which I turned around and bought them a $45 dinner (they were kinda mad about that). I seriously did not want any money... just to help out!

Long story short - I told them repeatedly - someday your going to come up on a single mother or family stranded... Listen to your heart - and give them a hand...

I feel like a million bucks right now! Just had to share that with ya'll!
Old 11-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Man I had an awsome day!

Nice !
Old 11-04-2003, 04:53 AM

I would hope that someone like you were around if my wife would ever have a breakdown, feels good to do a nice deed.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:27 AM

That's what life is all about !!! Thanks for helping them out. Someone will do you a good thing in return, I'm sure.

PISTOL
Old 11-04-2003, 08:37 AM

What goes around comes around - it never hurts to build up some extra good karma - good job! ;D
Old 11-04-2003, 09:07 AM

And that Ladies and Gentlemen, is what it's all about. These small acts of kindness. My wife was helped once many years ago, while I was posted overseas. We still remember it and try to help whenever we can.

~Dave
Old 11-04-2003, 09:27 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Good for you. Always try and do random acts of kindness, even if it is to compliment a waitress on good service or her hairdo.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:08 AM

What's more cool - they were up this morning, makeing coffee in their camper/horse trailer, playing with the horses when I pulled up to feed... It was so cool!

Just really sucks they are going to be out $1300 for the clutch in their truck!

I kept telling them with all the thank you's - one day you'll have the opportunity to help someone else....

I still feel like a million!
Old 11-04-2003, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=MYTRNx3 link=board=10;threadid=21969;start=0#msg205353 date=1067927378]

I hooked up to that WAY WAY heavy trailer, but I still managed to pull it going about 45 up that grade into Boulder City. [/quote]

Thats a pretty steep hill, not bad 45 up it. Used to cross it a couple times a week with the 18 wheeler. Bet they don't let LNG trucks cross that any more.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:02 PM

Yep... but if you have business between Kingman and Las Vegas, they will... Thus, we have to follow a huge amount of rock trucks over...
Old 11-04-2003, 03:29 PM

Awesome, But did you give them some helpful info? Like buy a pullin clutch of some sort?
Old 11-04-2003, 03:48 PM

Feels good to help someone out and just for the kindness of it all. I held onto a young man in a Walmart parking lot for about 20 minutes or so. He was having multiple seizures and we had to keep him from smacking his head on the pavement. When the EMT's arrived I was relieved and just wanted to get out of there. I hate not being able to stop someones pain and it makes me kinda queezy. My legs didn't want to work but I had stopped the dually in the middle of the main traffic pattern and people were looking rather peeved. Walmart employees were trying to think me and get my info but I just wanted to remain anonymous. Wife and kids were in the truck kinda freaked out and so was I. Felt good to have helped but not as great as you, wanted to do more for the kid. Glad you had the opportunity and took advantage of it. Reminds me of that movie "Pay it forward".
Old 11-04-2003, 03:50 PM

Acutally that's what I told them... repeatedly... I kept thinking of that movie... Pay it forward....

Old 11-04-2003, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Join your local fire department or rescue squad. YOu get plenty of chances to help.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:58 PM

did you happen to mention DDDDDDDDDTTTTTTTTRRRRR?? 8)

Quick Reply: Man I had an awsome day!