Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Magic eraser

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magic eraser

It amazes me how all of a sudden, just like magic a thread will disappear.
With no explanation other than maybe someones feelings (you know who you are) got hurt. It's your Rodeo. Means you choose who gets to ride.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Banned

What does that mean? If you are going to post something, you should tell us what is going on. It sounds like you just got your feeling hurt if your thread is gone. Tell us about what is gone.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

You're right. I was throwing a hissy fit. Seems the PMS and Women post has been erased. Someone didn't like my sense of humor. I don't know, but if I insulted anyone, I do apologize. What gets me is no comment or warning. Guess some people have the power to just erase whatever THEY feel doesn't taste right. Thats censorship for ya.
OK. I feel better now. Thanks
Old 12-24-2006, 06:43 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Lot going on tonight, I'm sure a notice would've worked it's way across eventually. Although I thought it was cute, it was against the rules. Have a good night.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No good could have come from it.

It had the very real possibility of offending the fine female members of our community.
(as well as the male)

Better to err on the side of caution.

Therefore, it was removed.

phox
Old 12-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah, pete, we're a wierd family. I posted in it, so I'm not claiming that I'm faultless. Just gotta watch what we say. Equal oppritunity, or something like that. Just blame it on being a man, and join the crowd.

Mark
Old 12-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RollOver Pete
You're right. I was throwing a hissy fit. Seems the PMS and Women post has been erased. Someone didn't like my sense of humor. I don't know, but if I insulted anyone, I do apologize. What gets me is no comment or warning. Guess some people have the power to just erase whatever THEY feel doesn't taste right. Thats censorship for ya.
OK. I feel better now. Thanks
You saw Lary's post. That was kind of a comment and a warning all in one. I saw the last post in that thread and it was disgusting.

Censorship? You're darn right! This is a privately owned website, not the town square. Your 1st amendment rights do not apply in here - and neither do mine.

From the site rules:
We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
Obviously a lot of those things are judgment calls on the part of the moderators. We let a lot of stuff slide that your grandma would have found very vulgar and maybe even obscene.

You agreed to all this when you signed up. No sense in complaining about it now.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

You're right wannadiesel. At times we seem to forget that this is a privately owned forum and therefore one must accept the forums own rules.While I have a problem with censorship on a whole, I do agree that there must be some kind of censorship. If not, this place would be down right ghetto

While I don't feel that the post in question was meant to be or in any way false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. It was all done in good humor. I didn't feel that the subject or replies warranted its removal. A pm or something before its removal explaining why such actions were taken ? Guess thats up to the Mods. I felt it was a fun post. But thats only my opinion. Opinions are needed to make these forums work. Thats the reason I frequent them. To hear what others have to say about a product, problem, or anything for that matter.

At times, speaking ones or as in my case, voicing my opinion can be a bad or harsh thing. I've been working on taming that down for most of my life. But it is what it is. Just hope no one takes it personally. And once again, I meant to insult no one. If I did, please accept my apology.

Cheers.....and Happy Holidays

R O Pete....
Old 12-24-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
RO Pete, If a thread involves bodily functions instead of diesely functions it's gonna be under obvious scrutiny.

I started a thread about a conveyor belt -v- airplane and it got closed after a couple thousand posts. The boss made a judgment call that the thread had run it course.

Don't take it personal.

BTW the plane would have taken off.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:08 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266

Brahahaha! just can't let it alone....

No, the plane won't fly
Old 12-25-2006, 03:59 AM

YES IT WOULD !!

(Three word posts ROCK )

PISTOL
Old 12-25-2006, 10:44 AM

I think some of my posts get deleted cause I'm a right handed white male. geezz.

Wonder how long this one will last!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Banned

i thought it was funny...i think shortbedcummins2001 had a post about breaking up w/ his gf that disappeared and i was following it too. i was kinda sad. hope everything is better...geez that was months ago

but rules are rules

brett
Old 12-25-2006, 11:35 AM

haha... im not the only one who noticed that...
Old 12-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geico266
RO Pete, If a thread involves bodily functions instead of diesely functions it's gonna be under obvious scrutiny.

I started a thread about a conveyor belt -v- airplane and it got closed after a couple thousand posts. The boss made a judgment call that the thread had run it course.

Don't take it personal.

Why did you have to mention anything??? Now I am curious and that's never a good thing!

Quick Reply: Magic eraser