Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Madhat's vacation/Independance Day breakroom 29 June-05 July

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Ya'll are crazee - - you know that!!! Been chasing my tail all week and not able to grab some foo - - finally trying to catch up this afternoon, and reading several days posts all in a row is a riot - - ya'll are just crazee.

Oh well, from one to another, hope your 4th is a good urn - - mine is quiet. Working on the truck and the fiver - - brought it home for TLC. Looks like it is ready to go somewhere and nowhere to go. Have to wait until the fall. BOOOOO. Oh well, grab some foo and ponder about it.

Trooper - - glad your paper is done, man. Hope you get a good grade. Sounds like a subject I would have had fun messing with. I have to teach Sunday, so just finished studying for that. They will be glad when the regular teacher gets back - - I work them too hard. They keep saying "hey, this is Sunday School - - just because the word 'school' is in there, you don't have to work us sooooo hard." Lazy bunch. If have to work at it, they can too. They learn more that way.

OK, foo is done and I'm out of here. Take care,

Bob
Old 07-04-2008, 05:46 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, Im almost done with the kitchen floor, got one wall into the laundry room.

taking a break to check in and then going to light the grill.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evenin... goin to the fireworks display on PI... there is gonna be a crowd from... well, you know...

Got a little sun today. Tired. I ain't did nothin.

Goin to the beach tomorrow am...
Old 07-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by sherod
Thought I'd stop by and say howdy. Hope the 4th is safe for everybody.

Just had nine days off for annual leave. Had big plans too......

Ruptured three disks in my lower back, spent the whole time doped up in the rocking chair. Docs are looking at surgery next as a fix.

By the way, there is about 3 tons of sand in the back of my dually. Anybody want to shovel it out for me? By the time I get to do it, it will probably sink out of site from the weight.

Ed

Man that sucks about the back. Been there done that got the pain pills!! 6 tons of sand in the dually, wow!! Wheres Vine Grove from Cincy?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:38 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Evening all. 2040 here. Just got back from my aunts house. We grilled, swam, drank and had a good time. I'm fixin to watch the fireworks display from my backyard here shortly. Have a few more cold ones and call it a night. Y'all have a good one ya hear.

Gotta go to work in the AM.

Jb
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Mornin, DTR... Wow, I ain't been up this late in a while.

Just got back from PI, it was a nice 40 minute show, and 4 hours and 20 minutes of waiting...

Need nap...
Old 07-04-2008, 11:23 PM

Glad you had fun Madhat. Ill start up the midnight coffee, for you east coasters.

Where's my pics?

Jb
Old 07-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Maybe tomorrow...
Old 07-04-2008, 11:29 PM

I figured as much!

Happy 4th bud.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:02 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Up and at 'em folks!!!!!!

Just because you swilled beer and stuffed you faces all day yesterday, doesn't mean you can't be productive today.
Rained like a cow hiking a hind leg yesterday. 3"+ in less than 2 hours. Creek got a good flushing and the garden needed it.
Good day yesterday. All the kids and g-kids over. Smoked up some yard birds and cow parts. Still full as a dog tick. Cooler is empty this morning. Must have been the night crew or some of the misguided children from sand flea heaven. So much for topside security.
Cutting and glueing some steel today. Putting together the frame to hold the mill, reduction gears, holding tanks, and assorted other stuff. Total weight of everything that goes on it will be around 2800 lbs (wet). Wife wonders why I can't do anything small.
Burning daylight.
Later.

Shortimeround out
Old 07-05-2008, 07:07 AM

Morning SR.

It's 0500 here. Gotta go to work in a lil while. Me and the guys are gonna go get some breakfast before we head into town though. I'm hopin it is a slow day today. Thanks for the coffee. Off to the world!

Jb
Old 07-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, another Saturday all ready - - just happened two days ago - - I think. At least someone put the foo on - - or is that yesterdays stuff? Oh well, who would know the difference? Have some I notice not much stirring around here except those crumbs on the floor are moving somehow. They must have legs.

Take the fiver back to it's hiding place this morning. Have to finish the clear panel in the cover for the solar panel and will put it on next week. Lazy day today - - worked hard all day so relax today - - catch up on the suntan and in the pool for a while. Might even get the blonde to come in with me - - YEH.

Bob
Old 07-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, don't panic. I got the coffee, tea's an' ph00 goin'. Couldn't find any donuts this mornin', so I nabbed some of the pink sprinklie kind form Top's private stash in his office. He won't notice if we don't say anything... he'll jus' think he ate 'em!

chaikwa.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Mornin, good crew so far for first thing after the 4th...

Head hurts a little. Pour the coffee into a BIG cup...

Man, I'm having a good weekend. One of the OL's frineds is down, and she's good lookin, like my OL... I miss my ol havin good lookin friends. They are a lot easier to have over than the butt-ugly ones...

Bout to go to the beach. Pass the spf...
Old 07-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Happy cinco de july.... our firworks aren't yil tomorrow in Luther. Heidi is off and headed home. She is now an official, successful, flyfisher. Took a short float down the Muskegon. The canoe hatch was on in full force. Got a few casting lessons in while the crowds were going by. Plenty of room except for a couple morons, just a little noisy. When the water calmed down between launches, the fish woke up a little. Got a few nice size suckers to play with, then a little after midday, a few little rainbows got hungry. Some some wildlife. I think Heidi must've been getting a little warm in the neoprene waders, I looked over a couple times and she was stepping up out of the water after takeing a dip. Fresh pot of coffee perking now...

Quick Reply: Madhat's vacation/Independance Day breakroom 29 June-05 July