Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Made it home from Normal Il, team finished 23rd in nation

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Made it home from Normal Il, team finished 23rd in nation

Whew,
After a long week of very competitive softball, my duaghters team, the GCKA Nightmare, ended up finishing 23rd in a 129 team best of best tournament(ASA Nationals). Saw some great fastpitch softball, with the two teams that beat them finishing #1 and #13. If you can't tell, I am very proud of Ann and her teammates. Midwest softball is catching up with the West Coast and southern states, wont be long till there is a midwest champion. All in all it was a good trip.

To keep it somewhat diesel related, I hauled the teams equipment in my 16x8 enclosed trailer, got between 12 and 13mpg, which seems kinda low to me, and a low of around 9 mpg. The 9 mpg was running around 80mph for 60 miles because we were late.

DuaneW.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:36 PM

Congrats to your daughter and her team mates. FP softball is an exciting game, fun to play, and watch.
Your MPG is very low with your set up. What tire pressure were you running, and what was the weight of the trailer?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Thanks for the congrats for the little girl and her team dssimecek, would love to post a pick of them on here but dont really want the little hounds snoping around and trying to pick up their scents.. LOL

I am running 76 in fronts and 72 in rears. Trailer was light at only around 3,500 to 4k, but the trailer was ordered with 1ft extra height and a 60" extended tounge (sp?), both of these things I believe really hurt the way it tows. That aside, fuel milage has been down on the truck lately and it has started to black smoke some even unloaded. Just checked both the IAT and Manifold PSI sensors for dirt, cleaned them both. Truck still smoked under even light accel. Going looking for boost leaks. Hope its not another Vp going south. Poor MPG's where the first signs on the other one, then dead pedel then very poor running. Have NEVER ran this one without fuel PSI so if its going bad, its not from low PSI. Any other thoughts?

DuaneW.