Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The looks from the gassssser truck guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I love the comments about driving a V10. I hear they get lousy mileage. My answer, I wouldn't know. They look puzzled and ask why I don't know - - that is a V10, right? I always say Nope, it's the V10's big brother. Or, they want to know if I like my Hemi? DUHHHH.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking garages are the best. The sound echos from everywhere. I usually park in them in Austin, and if you don't know, austin is mostly full of tree huggers and PETA people. I get some really, really bad looks from the people in there, without even giving them any smoke!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I get quite a bit is the 1500 with a 318 showing me how fast he is. Or at least tries to.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
What I get quite a bit is the 1500 with a 318 showing me how fast he is. Or at least tries to.
Remember Haulin in Dixie many 1500 guys views on diesels are that "they are slow,loud,and smelly!!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
I miss my belt chirp. That one always got looks or comments. Nothing really negative, but some would come up to me and tell me that I needed to tighten my belt
My 03 gives me a chirp almost every time I shut it down, what is wrong with your truck
Old 03-17-2004, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by Shaders 24v
Remember Haulin in Dixie many 1500 guys views on diesels are that "they are slow,loud,and smelly!!
I usually prove two of the three as I pass em
Old 03-17-2004, 11:04 PM

You're right...the PSD owners want a truck that sounds like a CTD...at least I sure do! I'm just waiting for the money to come through so I can get rid of the POS...I mean PSD and get a real truck.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow "Cute Little Truck"

As most of ya'll know,,,,,,,,, I catch a bunch of ribbing and teasing about my "Cute Little Truck" from my DTR buddies. And I will admit,,,, my truck just doesn't quite have the same "I'm a BIG BAD HEAVY DUTY DIESEL" look as most of you guys with the "Fat-Butt Duallys" or the 4x4's with the "Mad Max-I-Can-Drive-Thru-A-Brick-Wall-Without-A-Scratch" bumpers,,,,,,, which I think is one of the reasons that I catch people off guard in parking lots when they're walking by and I fire that ***** up. Most folks think it's a 1500 if it's not running or they don't pay attention to the badge on the side.
I like the drive-thru window at the bank where you can look in at the expressions on the faces of the folks at the inside counter as the teller is diving for the volume control on the intercom to turn it down.

It may look little,,,,,,,,, but its got a BIG heart!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:39 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Yesterday a guy with a 2500 V10 second gen talked to me at the gas station. He was very impressed with the performance of his truck, and told me that all the diesels are very slow and don't get much better mileage, and are more expensive for nothing. And he also said that the diesels don't sound right- just clanging and rattling in the front, no exhaust sound.
We went the same direction, highway onramp, he was behind me and started flashing his lights for me to let him pass- in a 60km zone going roughly 70. End of the 60 I got on it and saw him again when I was at a customer (shop) and he walked in to ask what that was- just walking away from him like it was nothing. I told him that this is a slow diesel.
Then we compared notes on fuel consumption- his was almost twice as high as mine.
Something must be wrong with my truck.....but I'm gonna keep it that way

AlpineRAM
Old 03-18-2004, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Dennis, Williamsburg Dodge is still not happy about you painting that on the side of their building just for a photo op.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:49 AM

hey Alpine,
what kind of mileage are you getting?
Old 03-18-2004, 12:01 PM

Thumbs up

Dennis the truck is beautiful, love the color...
Old 03-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My standard answer when asked what does that thing have under the hood is “just a little hot water six banger”.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:12 PM

Re: "Cute Little Truck"

Originally posted by RATTLINRAM
As most of ya'll know,,,,,,,,, I catch a bunch of ribbing and teasing about my "Cute Little Truck" from my DTR buddies. And I will admit,,,, my truck just doesn't quite have the same "I'm a BIG BAD HEAVY DUTY DIESEL" look as most of you guys with the "Fat-Butt Duallys" or the 4x4's with the "Mad Max-I-Can-Drive-Thru-A-Brick-Wall-Without-A-Scratch" bumpers,,,,,,, which I think is one of the reasons that I catch people off guard in parking lots when they're walking by and I fire that ***** up. Most folks think it's a 1500 if it's not running or they don't pay attention to the badge on the side.
I like the drive-thru window at the bank where you can look in at the expressions on the faces of the folks at the inside counter as the teller is diving for the volume control on the intercom to turn it down.

It may look little,,,,,,,,, but its got a BIG heart!

YOU TELL EM DENNIS!!!!! US 2wd guys got to stick together!

There are only a few of us in the land of 4x4's!

I love your color by the way. GO figure when I was finally able to get a new Dodge, they stopped that color! Iwasn't a happy camper!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:24 PM

I just love pulling through the parking lot at the office in the morning/evenings... have to drive 3/4 of the way around to get to my parking spaces (I get two for some reason). even after over two years everyones head seems to just swivel around my direction.... couldn't have anything to do with running 2000+rpm in 2nd gear just to hear it echo between the buildings could it? Just wait till i drop that crud stock exhaust and straight pipe up the stacks in a couple weeks, Gotta add some rumble to the rattle

Quick Reply: The looks from the gassssser truck guys