Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lookin lots like Christmas Breakroom - Dec 8 - 14

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 01:35 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slevhansen

Weather is grey, rainy, foggy and wet letīs just say thereīs room for improvement.

Slev
I'll second that. Weather is the same here....sucks, actually. I need some sunshine and warmer weather for sure.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by jhenson
I'll second that. Weather is the same here....sucks, actually. I need some sunshine and warmer weather for sure.

I donīt mind if it got colder, itīs like 40F right now, but I would really like to see the sun, just a tad below freezing should clear things up.

Slev
Old 12-13-2013, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is funny.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
They should have euthanized the guy while he was out. That would guarantee success.
Anyway, finally snowing here. And! I got a check from State farm for $122! At least the reimbursed me for the towing bill. Only took them 4 months. Now if they will only pay up on the rest.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
They should have euthanized the guy while he was out. That would guarantee success.
Anyway, finally snowing here. And! I got a check from State farm for $122! At least the reimbursed me for the towing bill. Only took them 4 months. Now if they will only pay up on the rest.
Have you talked to the State Insurance Commissioner? Here they would be ALL over them for not taking care of business..you have endured WAY more than any person should have to over a simple accident....what if you had been injured and needed hospitalization?
Old 12-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
what if you had been injured and needed hospitalization?
Then he'd be in the same situation he'd be in if Obamacare was covering him.

It is Saturday, December 14th.

1798 - David Wilkinson of Rhode Island patented the nut and bolt machine.

1799 - The first president of the United States, George Washington, died at the age 67.

1819 - Alabama joined the Union as the 22nd state.

1903 - Orville Wright made the first attempt at powered flight. The engine stalled during take-off and the plane was damaged in the attempt. Three days later, after repairs were made, the modern aviation age was born when the plane stayed aloft for 12 seconds and flew 102 feet.

1945 - Josef Kramer, known as "the beast of Belsen," and 10 others were executed in Hamelin for the crimes they committed at the Belsen and Auschwitz **** concentration camps.

1962 - The U.S. space probe Mariner II approached Venus. It transmitted information about the planet's atmosphere and surface temperature.

1983 - The U.S. battleship New Jersey fired on Syrian positions in Lebanon for the first time after American F-14 reconnaissance flights were fired on.

1985 - Wilma Mankiller became the first woman to lead a major American Indian tribe as she formally took office as principal chief of the Cherokee Nation of OKlahoma.

1987 - Chrysler pled no contest to federal charges of selling several thousand vehicles as new when Chrysler employees had driven the vehicles with the odometer disconnected.

1997 - Cuban President Fidel Castro declared Christmas 1997 an official holiday to ensure the success of Pope John Paul II's upcoming visit to Cuba.

2001 - The first commercial export, since 1963, of U.S. food to Cuba began. The 24,000 metric tons for corn were being sent to replenish what was lost when Hurricane Michelle struck on November 4.

Today's thought:
As we grow as unique persons, we should learn to respect the uniqueness of others.

Where's Bark?

Where's B0b?

C0ffee & ph00 is calling.

TOB&F today please!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Where's B0b?
C0ffee & ph00 is calling.
TOB&F today please!
Oh gee, I'm blushing.........................I was missed. Well, on second thought, maybe not missed, just noticed I wasn't here. ................................busy day, out early, running all day, friends took me to lunch for my birthday, more running, got home late and saw my neighbor was home from hospital, ran over to spend some time with him and do a couple blue chores around the house, home and into the sack. Long day.

Ph00 - - - yes, you did good............................................

Wee one is not doing good. She has been hanging in well, but suddenly the blood count is way down to 200 - - supposed to be 750. She is supposed to be in the final stages of saturation including the 5 day in a row drip of 6 hours each. Cannot do it until count comes back up. This would have been the final major treatments before weaning and allowing them to move back to the island. Very discouraging. Nana was not happy last night. Now is considering staying another couple weeks on into January. No Christmas together. Bummer. No room for me out there and I would just be in the way in that little place. So, I will stay home and keep stuff running here. We will see. So, prayers will be appreciated.

OK , refill and out of here. Another long day.

Bob
Old 12-14-2013, 09:31 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Have you talked to the State Insurance Commissioner? Here they would be ALL over them for not taking care of business..you have endured WAY more than any person should have to over a simple accident....what if you had been injured and needed hospitalization?
Our state insurance commission is useless. Try complaining about an insurance company that is not yours, they can't (or wont) help you.

Snow, lovely snow.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Our state insurance commission is useless. Try complaining about an insurance company that is not yours, they can't (or wont) help you.
Hate to hear it.....We will keep our fingers crossed at this end for you to come to a satisfactory conclusion
Old 12-14-2013, 11:42 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by jhenson
Brake fluid works wonders on top of pistons.....just don't get it on top of paint!!!
I am not sure they used paint on those old Cases. Looks like they somehow applied a layer of rust that magically keeps it from rusting any more.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Where's Bark?
Went swimming on Thursday. Now I have a cold and can't breath through my nose without sounding like air brakes.
Speaking of air brakes, I have a special dance I can perform while remaining seated when ever a semi purges air next to me.

Our state insurance commission is useless.
Only thing worse is our BBB. Talk about useless.

Somebody needs to shovel the snow we got last night.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:16 PM

Just fax that snow over here, the forecast says rainy, foggy, grayish for the next 5 days, temps around 40F or so
I'd rather see 20F and a clear blue sky.
Hope Cougar gets that insurance worked out, that's what drives people nuts, waiting for ages for what should take about 5 minutes.
Drove my son to his swimmingpractice last Thursday, I think I was the only one out of around 15 parents who actually saw the kids swim, everybody is staring into their phones these days...must be really important things in there

Glad I ain't that important

Slev
Old 12-14-2013, 02:28 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by slevhansen
everybody is staring into their phones these days...must be really important things in there
Isn't that amazing. We went to help out at the old folks place for Thanksgiving.
In the community room there were about 40 younger people (under 40) sitting around fondling and staring at their phones.
Seemed like nobody was paying attention to anything going on in the room, their phones were more interesting.
I felt like I was in a room full of people molesting themselves.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning or whatever. It is Sunday Dec 15 here, so could start a new breakroom, but will not do that because it would really confuse some (most?) of you. Yeah, yeah, I know, it does not take much to confuse some of the folks that check in here. It's cold here!!!! Too cold!!!!! Cold enough that the river froze over weeks ago and just a bit further north they are already cutting ice out of the river to prepare for one of the world's largest annual ice shows.

Bob, your family sure are having more than your share of problems. Am praying that 2014 is the beginning of a new and much better all round situation.

Just found some numbers that will give you an idea how bad the air is over here. The World Health Organization has a safety guideline for bad air. They use the number of a maximum of 25 micrograms per cubic meter of particulate smaller than 2.5 microns. This is very small stuff that can go deep into the lungs and cause damage. In many Chinese cities lately the average has been 582 - 700 microns per cubic meter. In Harbin a few weeks ago it was over 1,000. In air like that visibility is only about 10 meters. Even 582 is many times more than the maximum allowed of 25!!!! It is also why doctors are finding small kids with lungs that look like they are smokers. Now you know why I am anxious to get out of here before this air makes me sick.

Started my packing yesterday. Although I have only been here 2.4 years I am amazed at how much stuff I have accumulated. That is in spite of me not being a shopper. Fortunately a friend is buying new luggage and donated his old bags to me. Now I have enough room to take all my junk home. Hate traveling with more than two bags, but unfortunately for this trip, need to do that. This time next week I will be home and the nightmare of the bad air here and the travel will be over.

Like Slev said, many people sit around staring at their phones. I have been on the subway in Beijing a few times and was amazed at how it seemed that even in a crowded situation like that, that the majority of riders were doing things with their phones. Often seen passengers on bicycles and ebikes riding and playing with their phones. Recently I read where doctors are now finding back problems in some teenagers from sitting hunched over playing with their stupid phones. Yesterday I read that now there are clinics to help folk get over IA, internet addiction. Excuse me, need to go and check my phone.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Explain to me then why the United States has to have all these rules and regulations if the rest of the planet is going to just destroy it.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to go dumping PBCs in the water but outlawing the coal power plants and strip mines ect is runing this country.

I'm off rant now
Old 12-14-2013, 04:50 PM

Came home about midnite last night but stayed up way too late once I got here. Didn't get ANYTHING done today.

Local bowling alley has the bowling alley plus a bar with the regular bar and another room off it with several pool tables. That's where they have their karaoke and you don't hear it too much at the bar. Little blonde girl came over for a drink now and then and I actually talked to her a little bit. If I was really thinking I would have asked if she minded me joining her bowling.

Friend went into "full blackout Chris mode". He called me this morning and asked me what the **** happened last night. He had people texting him, phone numbers with names in his phone, had no clue who any of them were. And a picture of someone's *****.

Peeled a few eggs I hard-boiled this afternoon. Had a double-yolker.

Quick Reply: Lookin lots like Christmas Breakroom - Dec 8 - 14