Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Look what I got in the mail today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matego
Honestly, what else could you ask for? A 12sec. Dodge, beautiful, healthy family, and you get to go yell at people and blow stuff up all day.
That says it all ..... LIFE IS GOOD !!!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 12-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Sweet deal !!!

Any idea on how long it's gonna take to transition out of the airdales and back to PI ??

Cheers,
PISTOL
Well, I'm trying to go to Japan first, like I have planned here in January, then come back and spend some time with the fam... I would like to go back to DI school in January of '10... October at the earliest...

Originally Posted by matego
I could never do your job as good as you. I cannot give unbiased opinions or good advice. Its just not in me. You know theres no love like tough love. I was trying to get you ready for boot camp (oh wait, you are the one that is supposed to say stuff like that)

I guess this is just one more thing you can add to the list of "Madhats kick butt life" list. You are living the life, I am happy for you. I look forward to hearing some stories.

Honestly, what else could you ask for? A 12sec. Dodge, beautiful, healthy family, and you get to go yell at people and blow stuff up all day.
Yep... my life is better than most...
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
That says it all ..... LIFE IS GOOD !!!

Cheers,
PISTOL
It is.

Guess that will give me time to save up for a lmills truck...
Old 12-06-2008, 09:32 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by madhat
Apparently, you don't know Angie as well as you think... she started smiling when she was reading the letter. She's all about it.
As I recall, she almost left you when you LEFT PI. Something about you didn't have an outlet for pent up rage or something like that.

I want to go to the sand! I didn't join the Corps to sit behind a desk...
http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/rank12.shtml
YOu need to watch the news more often, dont you know everyone is afraid of going to the MENA?
Old 12-06-2008, 10:13 AM

If it truly makes you happy, go for it. the wife will understand. It's in your blood.
You sound excited about this "offer", and this is what the military needs, not a bunch of whining " I only joined for my GI bill" people.
It takes a courageous person to join (let alone to re-in-list).

What ever you decide, I wish you the best of luck in your decision, and thank you for your service to our country

eric
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM

I would like to go back to DI school in January of '10... October at the earliest...
Thats around when I plan on going......
Old 12-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
As I recall, she almost left you when you LEFT PI. Something about you didn't have an outlet for pent up rage or something like that.
YOu need to watch the news more often, dont you know everyone is afraid of going to the MENA?
Not rage, I was just used to only sleeping 4 hours a night and working 7 days a week... That only lasted a month or so... Yeah, I know, but how better to serve your country? Going to war for them is the best way that I can think of. I'll train recruits, tho. That's what they need me for.
Originally Posted by biododge1
If it truly makes you happy, go for it. the wife will understand. It's in your blood.
You sound excited about this "offer", and this is what the military needs, not a bunch of whining " I only joined for my GI bill" people.
It takes a courageous person to join (let alone to re-in-list).

What ever you decide, I wish you the best of luck in your decision, and thank you for your service to our country

eric
Thanks, Eric. The OL was happy with me being a hat, and I loved it.

Originally Posted by MoNStrRIg
Thats around when I plan on going......
Yeah, but I'll be a course challenger, and not be at school that much. But, we go to work after a few weeks of DI school...
Old 12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey HAT, congrats on that. Not just anyone can do what you are doing.

Tip of the old Canuck hat to ya. eh

I bet I'd lose 50 pounds in the first few days taking orders from you...then my truck would be faster too.

Scotty
Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Thanks, Scotty...

I've mad a few lose some weight...
Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

How does that work for you? Do you train in a specialized field, like shooting or hand to hand or do you do it all?
Do you stay with the same bunch of guys from their first day until they leave?
Last question, do you stay with them in the barracks a lot or do you go home every night?

Sorry if they seem like stupid questions, I a just curious....like George.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:51 PM

I kinda figured you wouldnt have to actually go to DI school again, you already know what you're doin. I'm sure school will be uh fun.....
Old 12-06-2008, 03:24 PM

I kinda figured you wouldnt have to actually go to DI school again, you already know what you're doin. I'm sure school will be uh fun.....
I thought he was just really good at making it up as he went along...
Old 12-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

It's not that bad as long as your uniforms are tight and you are in good shape.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I thought he was just really good at making it up as he went along...
Improvise...
Old 12-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Improvise...
Overcome...

Adapt...
Old 12-06-2008, 05:25 PM

Well I can say that I got out of the service once and then the family thing started setting in when I met my wife.Well when I got out I didnt like it.I felt like I was lost and didnt know where to go,something was missing.So i told my wife I am going back in because I liked the structure and the service helps people when they need it.There are those few that dont like the service but I still respect those that do come in and do their time.I know I have a guaranteed job in the service as well and dont have to worry about my wife and 3 kids.They are doing well and I dont have to pay all those medical bills for having kids and the boo boos they get.As far as wife and husband go the service will test the love and let ya know who isnt strong enough.Been in 11 years and love every minute of it.If the service calls you back in then that should tell you were dang good at what you did not the fact the must be desperate they need good leaders to keep people alive.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:00 PM

I appreciate the job you do as well as all of our military personnel.
Thank You

Quick Reply: Look what I got in the mail today...