Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Local Man Will Not Show New Fonda Film...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:26 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Better start a new thread for that one Herb! That was kinda my point in my Original Post (lets get serious about our present situation). Some people have a way of gettin thei panties in a ruffle about some topics, then AVIOD or downplay topics that affect almost all Americans! What can we do about Fonda now? Throw her in Jail, Lethal Injection?
WHAT ABOUT BIN LADIN??
Remember back when Bush was selling us the WAR we are in NOW? WMD's, right? Now, I understand that people make mistakes, were Human, it's expected.
BUT, have you noticed that NOW somehow our President seems to think it’s our JOB to "Spread Democracy"?
I suppose we can keep "Spreading Democracy", but everyone needs to remember that it is OUR children, brothers, neighbors, husbands and wives who have been sent to die for it .I support out Troops, past and present, just wonder how many of them are disgusted with this mission?

I've seen Forums with NO POLOTICS or JOKES allowed, got a feeling that's were we'll be heading with the number of hard core right wing members here.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by herb
who do we blame for the loss of lives in Iraq ?
Who do we blame for the loss of lives in Somalia?

What do either of these have to do with someone providing aid and comfort to our enemies during the 1970s?

Rusty
Old 05-19-2005, 08:59 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally posted by RustyJC
Who do we blame for the loss of lives in Somalia?

What do either of these have to do with someone providing aid and comfort to our enemies during the 1970s?

Rusty
Understood, but now what? Drag her down the street with a chain? My original point was more like GET OVER IT. Don't patronize her or any company she participate with. Say for instance she had a product line at WALMART (similar to Martha at K-Mart)
Do you really think anyone would stop shopping at Walmart over it? NO! MOST Amercans are weak in that sense, we can't contol ourselves. We need to hit them( people we disageree with) where it HURTS, in the pocket book.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread started with one man’s refusal to play a movie with Jane Fonda in it. I feel for that he should be given a medal. Because of the lives given up in the past he has the right to decide what movies will be played at his theaters. For what ever reason, our country didn’t prosecute her as a traitor. I’m going to back our country, (I may not agree but I chose to support the country). BUT because of the brave solders in the past I have the right to not patronize her movies and I chose not to. This is my personal choice. What the Dixie Chicks did in England is not the same as what Jane Fonda did, but I’m proud to say the radio stations in the city I live in took a poll, and have taken several since. Because of the results of these polls they haven’t played a Dixie Chicks song on the radio ever since then. I took all of my Dixie Chicks CD’s and got rid of them. I will not go see a Jane Fonda movie nor will I purchase any products that will benefit the Dixie Chicks.

What makes this county great is our freedom of choice. I’ve made mine, it may not be the same as yours, but that’s ok.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally posted by Tmc243
This thread started with one man’s refusal to play a movie with Jane Fonda in it. I feel for that he should be given a medal. Because of the lives given up in the past he has the right to decide what movies will be played at his theaters. For what ever reason, our country didn’t prosecute her as a traitor. I’m going to back our country, (I may not agree but I chose to support the country). BUT because of the brave solders in the past I have the right to not patronize her movies and I chose not to. This is my personal choice. What the Dixie Chicks did in England is not the same as what Jane Fonda did, but I’m proud to say the radio stations in the city I live in took a poll, and have taken several since. Because of the results of these polls they haven’t played a Dixie Chicks song on the radio ever since then. I took all of my Dixie Chicks CD’s and got rid of them. I will not go see a Jane Fonda movie nor will I purchase any products that will benefit the Dixie Chicks.

What makes this county great is our freedom of choice. I’ve made mine, it may not be the same as yours, but that’s ok.
Amen.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by pjsnyder76
Understood, but now what? Drag her down the street with a chain? My original point was more like GET OVER IT.
No, my post was just an inquiry to herb regarding the relevance of President Bush and Iraq to the Jane Fonda/Vietnam issue. It seems like we can't even discuss dollarweed infestations in my St. Augustine lawn without it somehow becoming the Bush administration's fault in certain individuals' minds.

I agree - vote with one's wallet. I have and I do.

Rusty
Old 05-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
No, my post was just an inquiry to herb regarding the relevance of President Bush and Iraq to the Jane Fonda/Vietnam issue. It seems like we can't even discuss dollarweed infestations in my St. Augustine lawn without it somehow becoming the Bush administration's fault in certain individuals' minds.

Rusty
Exactly!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tmc243

Then how can it be justified Fox news playing George Bush's actors every nite ?
Wish i would have been in line when you got rid of your Dixie Chicks CD'S, i would have bought them in a heartbeat. In fact i never owned one till they "shot their mouth off" in England, i then began my collection of their music.
Can't wait till monster-in-laws is released on dvd
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Herb has a cruuuuush......Herb and Jane sittin' in a tree.....
Old 05-19-2005, 12:12 PM

Then how can it be justified Fox news playing George Bush's actors every nite ?
Oh, probably the same way one would justify CNN "playing the DNC's actors every night".

Good grief!!! Your life certainly is going to be miserable until at least late 2008, it seems.

Rusty
Old 05-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Next thing you know Herb will be blaming Bush because Ford owns Cummins.

Sorry...but I had to put my two cents into this....well, I don't even know what to call it.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:40 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Monster in law no 1 movie last weekend (23,000,000 dollars)
Sure is a good movie. Jane should win an oscar for it

US Army 1961-1967
Thats just SAD
Old 05-19-2005, 12:42 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I guess Even Red Diaper Doper Babies love The Dodge Cummins
Old 05-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Oh, probably the same way one would justify CNN "playing the DNC's actors every night".

Good grief!!! Your life certainly is going to be miserable until at least late 2008, it seems.

Rusty
Are you kidding ? This is the best of all worlds , i don't have to accept any responsability for the mess we are in and can voice my displesure without stepping on my own toes !!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Are you kidding ? This is the best of all worlds , i don't have to accept any responsability for the mess we are in and can voice my displesure without stepping on my own toes !!
Yeah, I guess some people actually do take enjoyment in perpetual whining and moaning.

To each his/her own......

Rusty

Quick Reply: Local Man Will Not Show New Fonda Film...