Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

little things that anooy you ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little things that anooy you ....

ok what are some of the little things that annoy you the most about your truck ?? dont hold back every truck has atleast 1 annoying rattle or something. for me its the windshield wipers.... i washed the truck 2day and when i went to clean the windows it struck me how much the windshield wipers that do not flip up out of the way really drive me crazy. i really miss my chevys that had that. made window cleaning and wiper blade replacements so much easier. no biggy really.... just 1 of those little things scott

p.s. this is meant to be a fun post
Old 05-08-2004, 09:02 PM

The thing that bothers me is no good way of climbing into the bed. These trucks are a long way up and I wish there was a good way to climb up and down into the bed.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:51 PM

having a rear slider in a QC... I like having it open when I drive but you really gotta remember to open it before you hit the pavement...
Old 05-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Muted User

Originally posted by blackjack
The thing that bothers me is no good way of climbing into the bed. These trucks are a long way up and I wish there was a good way to climb up and down into the bed.
Me too. Here's what I found. On 4wd models, go in from the side of the bed. One foot up on top of the tire, grab over the rails ... bingo.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Forrest
Me too. Here's what I found. On 4wd models, go in from the side of the bed. One foot up on top of the tire, grab over the rails ... bingo.
Ever notice how 35 inch tires get taller and taller as the day progresses

phox
Old 05-09-2004, 04:56 PM

I've found 2 things today...
1. Poor access to those rubber fuel lines!!!
2. That gap between the upper radiator support and the intercooler. I keep losing tools down there, so now, I always grab my magnet when I take tools under the hood.

I don't have a problem getting into the bed... my truck has the full length factory running boards... there's a step right in front of the fender flare.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:34 PM

would like to see all the gauges -speedometer-tack on the front lip of the dash just over the top of the steering wheel so i would not have to play hide and seek thru the steering wheel to see them. they did it on some of the old early 60's mopar cars
Old 05-09-2004, 06:00 PM

Well let's see - the doors not closing correctly / tightly, the trip to the dealer after the windshield wiper motor replacment for the reflash, #53, Carter LP's, 5th gear nuts.....ooohh, you said the little things!

The squeaky clutch pedal. Course, remove the kick board and a dose of silicone lube tackles that one.

Was mentioned earlier today (before the computer glitch ) about getting into the bed. I ain't even gonna start complaining there!

Yes, them 35's get bigger I think as the day goes along.

Matt
Old 05-09-2004, 08:41 PM

The tailgate cables ... both of mine rusted in half and now the thing droops when I lower the gate.

Can't find any other things about this truck that irritates me.

PISTOL
Old 05-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Banned

A squeak I can't find and a broken rear seat cup holder.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:06 AM

Re: little things that anooy you ....

Originally posted by dieselcrazy
ok what are some of the little things that annoy you the most about your truck ?? dont hold back every truck has atleast 1 annoying rattle or something. for me its the windshield wipers.... i washed the truck 2day and when i went to clean the windows it struck me how much the windshield wipers that do not flip up out of the way really drive me crazy. i really miss my chevys that had that. made window cleaning and wiper blade replacements so much easier. no biggy really.... just 1 of those little things scott

p.s. this is meant to be a fun post
Hey Scott, The newer trux wipers do flip up and remain there until you flip them back.
I'm sure there's a reason but it escapes me why DC would put a round 6" grill over 6x9 speakers in the front doors. 6x9's are the way to go for base freqs but when half of the speaker is covered with rigid plastic you get mostly rumble. Nat
Old 05-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm totally satisfied with mine. Now if I could just remember where I left it.....
Oh yeah, it's in Indiana getting new innards installed, that's it.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:25 PM

Harmonic Vibration at 70 MPH and above!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:39 PM

The first touch of the brakes after it has sat on a wet night, Hang on cause it wants to throw you through the windshield... been like that since day one, and 2 brake jobs later.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:00 PM

Whatever the steering wheel is made of. If your hands are dirty, and you transfer the dirt to the wheel it's there permanently. Then it wears out and looks bad and becomes disgusting to the touch.

The wiper thing annoys me too!

Procrastinator

Quick Reply: little things that anooy you ....