Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Letter of resignation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here you go....

Dear Mr./Mrs. XXXX,

Having been a (insert job title here) at this organization for the past XX years I feel it is time for a change. I will resign effective April XX, 2006. You should have no difficulty finding a replacement.

I have enjoyed the work and the association with my fellow employees.

Best wishes,

JKM

Short sweet and to the point. This should tell them quite clearly that your mind is made up and will also keep you from burning a bridge, whether or not you care to cross it ever again.

Not that this is relavent to your situation, but I could easily go back to every single job I have ever had since I started working in high school. Sure, I probably left an organization at a time when they needed me, but there has to be a line somewhere. I've left all of my jobs in a responsible, professional manner. In fact, a couple of my first employers are now very supportive vendors of mine!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
Oh yeah , one last thing , how does a feller tell his Sweet little ball and chain that he is moving 3500 miles away in a month? Any suggestions on that one beagle?
Just stick your head between your legs, and kiss you butt goodbye

Good luck with that one,
Chris
Old 04-17-2006, 08:18 PM
JKM

Hmm , thanks smokindog , i might use that , but i will have to modify it a little , i have only worked there since july 05, not even a year.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

by law, former employers cant say anything positive or negative about you. Personal references may be a diffferent story.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:25 PM

Its been real, Its been fun; It ain't been real fun.....
Old 04-17-2006, 08:28 PM
JKM

Ok , on a serious note , this is what i have typed up? does it sound like it will work?

Dear Mr. Sullivan:

I have been a part of this Organization for the past ten months, and I wish to persue other employment opportunities. I have enjoyed my time as a part of this organization. I would like to thank you for the opportunities presented to me here. I would like you to accept this letter as my official resignation on April 28, 2006. I feel that you should have no trouble finding a replacement.

I have enjoyed the work, and association with my fellow employees.

Regards:

Jayme Miller
Old 04-17-2006, 08:31 PM

Looks good to me, but I work for family...If I put something that nice, they wouldn't understand what I was try to say

Should work fine for a normal employer
Chris
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
Beagle... This is one thread you should have never posted an answer in. I'm not sure quiting a pool cleaning job qualifies you to be able to intellegently answer this one.

IlovetopickonThePup.
I wasn't always a pool cleaner you know...
I used to be a fry-cook, a computer salesman, an as-needed CEMS builder and a PC builder (which was a good job).
And I've only quit from two different pool cleaning operations before I started my own.
My careers in life have been excellent!

As for the leaving-the-wife-for-a-month-part; if you set the TV to "Channel Scan" and put a few specially-shaped pillows in the bed, she might not notice that you're gone...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

There you go Jayme!

I would be thrilled if one of my employees presented a letter like that to me when they left.

Most of my guys just don't show up to work. Then, when I call them they say, "oh, I forgot to let you know, I got another job." I guess $18.00/hour just isn't enough when 50% of your time is behind the wheel of a laid out, $100K, class 6 truck! What was I thinking? No, not all of my guys make that, but one that just fizzled out on my a few years ago did. I think he joined the bricklayers union or something, so I guess it could have been for more $$$, but certainly much harder work.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600

Oh, I see how it is Chris!!!

Tell that to my brothers, they'll get a good laugh out of it!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:38 PM
JKM

Ok , i am becoming **** about this , i re-wrote the first part:

Dear Mr. Sullivan:

I have been a part of this Organization for the past ten months, and it has been a great learning experience for me. However at this point I wish to persure alternative employment opportunities. I feel you should have no trouble finding a replacement. Please accept this letter as my official resignation on April 28, 2006.

I have enjoyed the work , and association with my fellow employees.

Regards:

Jayme Miller
Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by signature600
Looks good to me, but I work for family...If I put something that nice, they wouldn't understand what I was try to say

Chris
My boss is actually rather dense ( like a slab of concrete dense) and i am afraid he might not understand my letter... seriously...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 PM

I've been on the other side of it having employees that need to leave for w/e reason. If it's a large company they like a letter just to keep things formal, but it's really much easier just to have a talk with your boss. Taking a minute to talk it out bodes much better down the road than a letter and a hand out asking for your check.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by Tiny Ram
I've been on the other side of it having employees that need to leave for w/e reason. If it's a large company they like a letter just to keep things formal, but it's really much easier just to have a talk with your boss. Taking a minute to talk it out bodes much better down the road than a letter and a hand out asking for your check.
Yeah , if you knew my boss , you would know that won't work , i don't think we have spoken more then a couple of sentences since i worked there , he would prefer to send typed memo's , by way of the shop forman.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
My boss is actually rather dense ( like a slab of concrete dense) and i am afraid he might not understand my letter... seriously...
My Boss (Dad) is pretty dense too, but in another sense of the word

(He's the one on the ground in that pic of the truck)

Chris

Quick Reply: Letter of resignation