Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lets hear it for the Mighty 6.0 Powerjoke!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets hear it for the Mighty 6.0 Powerjoke!

Alright lets get out the crying towels and shed a tear for the mighty PowerJoke.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070125/.../earns_ford_19
Honestly i feel really bad about all the employees getting laid off. Maybe they can get a job at Cummins.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah the 6.0 is a dud. But that news is bad for the American economy, the people affected, and the Diesel truck/Engine market in general. It is a black eye on the market in terms of public image, and competition in the market pushes all in it to make the best truck/engine combo possible. If Chevy and Ford didn't exist in the light duty diesel truck market do you think Dodge and Cummins would have push as hard as they have to make the trucks they do today?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:34 PM

Looks like Cummins is the rock the others will break against.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 PM

All the smoke about the Powerjoke and Ford is fun,, BUT if Ford has a real bad time and, God help us, folds it will be one huge blow to all of us. I feel sorry for the people that got suckered into the 6.0 but if that company goes the effects will be felt by ALL of us. I just hope they have SOMEBODY at the top that isn't asleep behind the wheel and can pull off a miracle.!!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by CarlJensen
All the smoke about the Powerjoke and Ford is fun,, BUT if Ford has a real bad time and, God help us, folds it will be one huge blow to all of us. I feel sorry for the people that got suckered into the 6.0 but if that company goes the effects will be felt by ALL of us. I just hope they have SOMEBODY at the top that isn't asleep behind the wheel and can pull off a miracle.!!
i think i know the real reason they laid people off, look at their booth at the Chicago auto show. at least 100,000sf. LOTS OF $$$$ to build/put together. oh, as for dodge, they must be doing well, their booth is no less then 300,000sf
Old 01-26-2007, 12:09 AM

They Are Losing The Equivilant Of One Convertible Mustang A Minute In Last Quarter!!!!!!!! Astounding. Carl Is Right, We All Better Be Pulling For This Huuugggeeee American Company.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:10 AM

guy's the US and Can goverment will bail em out just like they did with GM not to long ago, it's in their interest to keep the tax revenue coming in from employee's income and sales, you'll see they'll get some kind of relief, or shelter to protect em.

Trending Topics

Old 01-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Personally, I wouldn't poke at people losing their jobs or companies posting losses. It directly affects your own wallet in one way or another. The more of these high paying jobs that go away means one day you may be saying would you like to supersize that sir? Not that there is anything wrong with that but I took a lot of years to get where I am today and do not want to go back. I distinctly remember the days of working like a mule for $1.25 an hour and even less than that in the service. That is one reason the only foreign car in my driveway is a there because my wife inherited it. I have three Dodge trucks, a Plymouth Neon, a Dodge Ramcharger, a Jeep, a John Deer R model tractor and a John Deere riding mower. Yeah, they may have some amount of foreign parts in them but at least they are US made names.
I better stop here but you should get my drift by now, BUY AMERICAN for your own good.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:24 AM

Dieseldude4x4 I agree with your comment buy American. My wife just bought a new car a Ford Fusion SE. She was going to buy a Honda or Toyota, I said no buy any car as long as it is American made. Although the dealer told us later it's not really a Ford it's a Mazda I think. But I still feel better buying a Ford. We now have one from all of the big three. It would be a sad day for this country if any of them went under
Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 AM

That's why we should ALL hope that the 6.4L is a success. I fear that if it becomes another 6.0 scandal that Ford will go under.

You also have to consider the new Tundra coming out. While I think it's ugly and underpowered, there is no denying that Toyota means business this time around. I look for it to steal some thunder from all of the Big 3.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:20 AM

GM is going to post worse losses than Ford very soon. Financially, GM is closer to bankruptcy, and some analysist agree they've been bankrupt for some time now. Both companies are hemoraging money. It's a shame...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:29 AM

It is getting harder to do business in the USA manufactering products period.When the products arent reliable,it gets harder yet.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by John DiMartino
It is getting harder to do business in the USA manufactering products period.When the products arent reliable,it gets harder yet.
Great point. You want the companies to survive and prosper, but it i not always easy to support them...