Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

lets go mud hoggin in the ditch!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down lets go mud hoggin in the ditch!

This little story reinforces my motto of "if your gonna be stupid, you had better be tuff!!"

Ok, here we go.

about 2 weeks ago on a thursday night, my brother and I were un-wrapping the steers heads after roping a few pens. The sun had just set. All of the sudden we hear spinning tires. It sounds like someone is burning out on the road in front of our house. Now, to set the stage, we live way out in the boonies down a county road (that was just blacktopped) and the houses are not very close together.

So, without thinking, my brother (27) hops on the 4wheeler, and heads out there. I figered i had better follow just in case he got in over his head. So I hopped into my truck, and headed down the driveway (250yds) to the road. My brother caught them right in front of the house power braking thier truck(92-98 z71). He tried to drive off, but I was blocking the road. Well, they turned out to be 2 losers I went to high school with ( a few years younger than me, i guess they are 21-22 tops), and they claimed to be "cruising back roads". My brother raked them over the coals for a few mins, and they left after appologizing with a few yes'sirs, and no sirs. There has also been someone muddin in the ditches where the county road meets the FM road. So I asked if it was them, and they said "no-sir". I said ok. and they left.

ok....fast forward 2 weeks(roughly) to yesterday (sunday, 4-4). My wife and I were on our way to church (early service @ 8:00am), and as we are approaching the end of the county road ( about 1 mile from my house) we see lights flashing and a truck in the middle of the road, and something orange int the ditch.

Well, guess who it was? Our old burn out buddy from 2 weeks ago. And what this? One of his buddys has a 2002-04 Dodge 1500 SWB, 2wd stuck in the ditch! And a brand new(or very clean) Kubota cab tractor (look like 80-90 hp size w/ a front end loader) stuck in the ditch as well.

We passed by them, and I picked up my phone and began to call the cops, when I noticed two of them had a guy shouldered, and were carrying him out of the ditch. His pantleg on one side was torn up, and bleeding. So I stopped the car, and got out and asked if they need me to call an ambulance. The one from 2 weeks ago that I looked eye to eye with that night says, "oh no sir, were taking him to the hospital, he got his leg cauhgt up in the bucket". I said ok then. By. Walking away I noticed there was a puppy in the back of the truck that was stuck. So I guess these drunks went mud hoggin, and had no considereation for the pup in the back.

Called the cops, and when i got back from church, it was all gone. Hopefully they will be staying out of the ditches.

From what I can tell, the way he got into the ditch, was he came in off the FM road, and instead of taking the road, he decided it would be fun to just drive down throught the ditch, and tear it up a little. Well, he was going too fast, and when he came out of the ditch he was going to fast, and went right into the other ditch. The other side is very steep, and his drives side door was in the mud. And the tractor was in the ditch with his front wheels in the bottom. It was a steep grade, so he wasnt backing out with all the weight in the bottom, and the ground was very muddy. So I think that he was hooking up the tractor to the truck, and the tractor slid down the shoulder and pinched his leg with the bucket.

ok. i am tired of typing now. But I thought I would share the highlight of my weekend. lol. I hope they stop this. Sometimes it takes someone getting hurt for them to realize thier stupidity. but , if your gonna be stupid, you had better be tough!
Old 04-05-2004, 12:41 PM

"When you have a stupid head.....the whole body tends to suffer"
Old 04-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Banned

Stupid is as stupid does. It's jackasses like these that give the rest of us fourwheelers bad names. There used to be a place in katy where you could LEGALLY go fourwheeling. Some guy had bought the property just for that. Well, about a year ago, some dumb drunk blankity blanks went fourwheeling and flipped their trucks and had to be life flighted out of there. Needless to say, they are building houses on the land now.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If he got caught by the bucket then the kid is lucky he even has a leg left.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by Hoss
If he got caught by the bucket then the kid is lucky he even has a leg left.

yeah, 10-4. I really dont know how he hurt it, that just what they said. I would really like to know who the tractor belongs to, and if the cops got ahold of them. I will keep my eyes on the local newspaper, and ask around to see what happened.

I have a good feeling the cops found them, because my mother-in law arrived at church late, and said the passed a cop that was flying towards the accident scene. There was surely nobody there when he got there, but Ill be willing to bet the owner of that 50k tractor was not too far away!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:29 PM

Good thing there is no law against being stupid. The jails would be REALLY full!!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by MnTom
Good thing there is no law against being stupid. The jails would be REALLY full!!
Too bad indeed, can you imagine what the cost for a license plate would be then?

Trending Topics

Old 04-05-2004, 09:15 PM

I ran across a bright couple of guys in December that were muddin on the side of the highway, got sideways, and slid half way through a highfence. They flagged me down and asked me to pull them out, then I saw a deer rifle and spotlight in the seat. I got back in the truck, and told them that I'd call the gamewarden to get them out, then hauled rear. Turns out they admitted to killing a couple of bucks while roadhunting the night before when the gamewarden actually showed up to pull then out. Oh yeah, I told him they had a deer rifle and a spotlight too . They not only gave offroaders a bad name, but hunters too.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:51 AM

Man, it's too bad they don't punish people as heavily for dumb driving incidents as they do for poaching and other illegal hunting activity. Here in AK if you get caught poaching a brown bear the minimum fine is like $10,000 and a year in jail.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:20 PM

being stupid may not be against the law but i can surely find something in the VTL that will afirm there stupidity. i know im mean but im tired of people doing things and getting away with it with no consequences for there actions. so hit'em where it hurts in the wallet....
Old 04-06-2004, 12:27 PM

Well while were telling stories I've got one. One of my buddies works for his uncle at a wrecker service. A few weeks ago, I guess a few city kids got drunk and decided to take out an Excursion for some mudding. Only they didn't even run out through some poor farmers field like most of the idiots do. They took it out to the nearby lake, and were running through peoples lake lots. When they finaly got stuck, they were in the Deputy Sheriff's back yard . Well one kid remembers he has triple A, so they call for a wrecker to come pull them out. As soon as my buddies uncle gets there he realizes what is going on. The idiots claim that they had just run off the road, and were going fast enough to run through 4 yards ? Well the story may have been more convincing had they not placed several of the Deputy's lawn ornaments under the tires to try and get out. So my buddies uncle calls the dispatcher to tell the Deputy Sherriff to wake up and look out his back window. At least they got what they deserved !
Old 04-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Banned

Ya they did.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:14 PM

Cummins66, that is a great story

We've got more and more ricers going down our road (we used to be in the boonies, but suburbia is slowly sliding its icy hands towards us), and the gravel road we live on is known as the "rally road" at school. There are the idiots that think its cool to fly down a gravel road, of which more people are traveling on, at 70 MPH and powerslide around the turns, the usual ricer stuff. I just wait to get hit whenever I travel it, part of me almost wants them to hit me so I can beat there behind, and hit 'em in the wallet, but I need my truck so that's out. The worst is a kid in my grade who's rich parents bought him an 00 F250, V10. He beats the living CRRRAAAAPPP out of that thing, he comes down our road powersliding and losing control and putting it in the ditch and taking out trees. The truck is a pile of junk now.

This winter I was turning on to the road, and I saw headlights sliding back and forth (the roads were dry gravel), I put it into the ditch,the idiot barely missed me, and put it in on the other side, down the steep ditch in the field. Well, I pulled out and went up and stopped next to him on the road and just watched him go back and forth, not even moving He started to open his door, and then I carried on and went home

All right, I feel better
Old 04-06-2004, 11:52 PM

had some drunk guy take out our mail box and two pretty good sized bushes one night about 2 AM. he really messed up our yard and made my Dad mad. I got to see him as he drove away but not until after he had in in 4WD trying to get out of our yard
DM01