Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Let's Get Out NOW!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DFD536
So, tell me again why we are offering to help such wonderful people? Y'all don't want us there, fine... C-ya and have fun re-building your swamp

Dennis
"I am sure the "people are good and deserving" as usual it is the governments and politicions that are the idiots.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've often wondered if certain cataclysmic events were the results of God judging sin.

There is a LOT of evil in this part of the world, with people routinely doing the unspeakable.

After the Great Flood, God promised that he would never again destroy mankind by flood.

It does seem to me that there have been "earthquakes in diverse places, famines, pestilences, wars and rumors of war" at a rate unprecedented in human history.

It can't last much longer.

Justin
Old 01-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greatwhite: How many troops and pieces of equipment does ca have over there? Our military is just that...military...they carry guns and need a base camp. We could have sat back and waited for "the general public of the world" to pick up the supplies and deliver them. How long would that have taken? How many more people would have died from injuries or starvation or lack of water?

Herb: I can't argue about the deserving people, after all, that's why we're Iraq. I can't remember who all here was for or against going to Iraq....?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:47 PM

I was and still am.

The people in this mess could not do anything on their own to stop that ocean from messing with them. Hussan was only one man, those people could have stopped him.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Chapter President

All the ones that tried are dead. Killed for even thinking it. Those people had no more power over Saddam then the tsunami victims had over their fate.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Refuse to go there with you. Common sense speaks volumes.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

EVERY government is by the people. It's a social contract. Sure you can't get rid of Saddam without blood, but it could've been done as long as public sentiment was directed in that way. People simply make a pay-off between security and efficiency on one side and freedom on the other. That has been known since Calvin's tiger buddy back 500 years ago.

But Saddam gave the people just enough for them to stave off revolting... Same with China these days, or any other suppressed people in history. Same as the US, come to think of it.

I stand by my comment that we, the USA, have nothing to gain from giving aid to Shri Tonka or whatever. Why should we, AS A COUNTRY, give a darn? If they had anything to offer us, we should conquer them and proclaim them a colony. We even have the troops there now. Actually, we should probably do that anyway...

Individuals can, and if they want self-gratification should, give money to charity. But, to put it eloquently, our Government should never give charity unless we are getting something out of it. A government is around for self-intrest, not for se;f-gratification and giving tax dollars to third world countries. A government makes itself MORE POWERFUL; it doesn't help other country's unless it has favorable intrest rates.

The only exception is the hot babes. The government should cover all of Petra Nemcova's medical expenses, and any other Czech hottie caught in the wave.

But should we cover the rest of the country? HECK NO, MAN! Wake up! The only threat to America today is if we loose sight of our self-intrest and start placing other things above it.

Somebody mentioned Canada. "Canada always gives money to everybody else out of love and altruism." Canada is a SICK JOKE! If there are any signs from God today, its the fact that Canada even exists. If Canada were anywhere else in the world, it would be another Poland. A country with no self-care or patriotism that gets annexed by everybody else in the surrounding area. Canada is a political fluke; the only reason it exists is because America stopped caring about itself 200 years ago and let a country with no self-intrest be. Would it be in our self-intrest to annex Canada? YES! Do we? NO! Why? Because we want little country's with no purpose of living to just sit there and annoy us.

Get patriotic, start caring about yourself, and please let America get aggressive in its own favor. That BEGINS with pulling out of Chi Tofu, reviving Manifest destiny and regaining some power that we lost over the past 200 years.

Everybody love's "Game Theory". Everybody says "Look at John Nash." Yeah, that pedophile knew his stuff. By caring for others more than we care about ourselves, everybody profits. Of course, you are looking forward to yourself profiting by only pursuing your own wants half-way. The world runs through everybody doing what is best for themselves. Our foreign policy does NOT reflect that. If everybody lived in a dog-eat-dog world, Our economy, at least, would be better. And that's all I care about.

No, prosperity is not zero-sum. In 1776 we figured out that, through self-intrest of all parties everybody profits. That same year a less significant thing happened. The US became a country.

But POWER is zero-sum. And power controls what rung of the economic ladder you occupy. A country, and the world, will get nowhere with welfare. Love is the way to God, it is divinity in humans, it is what controls a Christian's life and how you reach Heaven both on Earth and after death. But it is NOT something to base foreign policy after.

So, CONQUER CANADA, CARE FOR YOURSELF, FIND LOVE AND CHRIST, AND SAVE PETRA NEMCOVA'S PELVIS.

Wait, one more thing. Isn't it ironic how everybody outside of America sees America as one big country out to get everybody, but us in America see ourselves as not doing enough for ourselves? Do you know why? BECAUSE BY CARING FOR THEMSELVES, OTHER COUNTRIES ARE UNDERMINING US, DARNNIT!

AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND GET OUR ACT TOGETHER.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:35 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 01-13-2005, 06:55 PM

is right......

Beagle1, just exactly how long have you been doing CRACK???

CONQUER CANADA alright....I'll send you my address and Ill be waiting for you...

Old 01-13-2005, 07:09 PM

Dr. Evil-
Would you at least keep all that cold air you guy's keep sending to Montana to yourselves?
If you will agree to that, then maybe we won't kick your butts
Old 01-13-2005, 07:30 PM

I'll be glad to close the door....but only after you FedEx Beagle1 to my front door.....
Id be more than glad to take care of this little "problem"
Old 01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Banned

Why is it that taboo? Why is it that insane?

Why shouldn't we conquer Canada? Do you think it would be difficult? Hah. Do you think we wouldn't make profits? Hah. Do you think all of Canada's allies would declare war on us for annexing Canada? Hah.

Wake up, people. We have a weak neighbor to the North that we could have under our possession. We could more than double our size.

Any other time in history, bordering any other country in history, and Canada would have been gone 100 years ago. It is only because America has stopped placing it's self intrest foremost that we have allowed Canada to live. Canada's lack of a patriotic foreign policy plainly shows the fact that it is a fluke of a country-it is the epitome of a country that doesn't care for itself.

Poland was the same way. When a country that has no unity or patriotism is surrounded by countries like Prussia, it gets annexed. Poland was the worst excuse for a country ever.

And Canada is the same way. Only difference is that Canada has nobody around it to conquer it.

Honestly, why did we stop going after Manifest Destiny? Why are we allowing a weak country exploit itself on resources that could rather easily be ours? Why? Why don't we continue the War of 1812 now that we have the power to finish off Canada?

Nothing against Canucks specifically, but the fact that your country has existed for so long is really an exception to the way things normally go.

If not Canada, Mexico would be useful. Stop illegal immigration, industrialize and Americanize the entire continent. At least we get the Panama Canal back that way, too. It was stupid to let that go.

We NEED a new age of patriotism. Flying a flag is not patriotism. Patriotism is to stop worrying about what other countries think of us. That is what we need to do. Unbridled self-intrest is the key to success.

And I've never done crack. LSD and Pot maybe, but never crack...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Begle1
If not Canada, Mexico would be useful. Stop illegal immigration, industrialize and Americanize the entire continent. At least we get the Panama Canal back that way, too. It was stupid to let that go.
Panama Canal is now in Mexico?

That must have been some moving van.

phox
Old 01-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Begle1
Why is it that insane?

Yes it is! and Yes you are!

Old 01-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Banned

I hate this mentality that all of the world's have been locked after World War II... Why? Who outlawed expansion? If our great great grandfathers were here, the wouldn't have stopped expansion, especially given our current power.
We need

Mexico for pete's sake. What does that country give us other than illegal immigrants? Their citizens would probably love the idea, and it would make it a lot easier to go to Cabo for some Marlin fishing.

European countries haven't been able to expand for centuries because the only countries left have this patriotic self-intrest that I've been talking about. However, how many countries with this greed did they conquer?

We should annex this entire continent down to the Panama Canal. Screw messing with Iraq's oil. Canada and Central-South America have the all the oil we need for some time.

As time goes on, society continues to get clumped in bigger and more profitable chunks. The countries of the world are like the American auto-makers. There used to be a thousand. Now there's two and a half. The circle of human government goes this way too. First there were patriotism for one's seld, then one's family, then one's clan, then one's town, one's city-state, one's province, one's country. In a hundred to two hundred years, all the world will have only two countries. All of Europe is already beginning to condense into the EU.

The world political cycle is nothing more than a huge corporate cycle. We need a monopoly.

And God save Petra Nemcova's pelvis. (Wipes away tear...)

Quick Reply: Let's Get Out NOW!!!!!!!