Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Leaving California!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaving California!

Alright, Im doing a poll. We had enough here. So I was thinking about making a wheel of fortune style deal with the 50 states and giving it a whirl. Only problem is I am sure that by now all the states I wanted to retire to are as bad as Cali, Utah, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming etc Ill have to eliminate them. People have been bailing out of here like the plauge struck. in a sense it has, the stupidity and greed plauge it seems. I want to look out my window and not see buildings other than my barn. Max population under 1k, GOOD trout fishing, some snows ok, heat is ok, need acerage, min 20, for horses etc, real people ,no tofu, or liberals, no BS. all for the low price of ???. were talkin a million + here now. At least well have some $$$ to buy a new spread. Gotta work still for 15 years or so. In water treatment G#3 treatment.
Got any suggestions????? any real estate agents out there?
Thanks
Apache.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Leaving California!

Mexico. ;D
Old 10-11-2003, 02:28 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Austria ;D

Where they say "Syntax-why not we tax everything else too"

AlpineRAM
Old 10-11-2003, 02:41 PM

Suggested Mexico to the misses, little place on the beach be nice,on the sea of Cortez, but she hates sand. were near the ocean here and we dont care for it. always foggy and cold in the summer. you cant even take the dogs to the beach here they banned it, said theres to much poo and it bothers the birds.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

apache, I know what ya mean. I'm thankful the Marine Corps took me away from Calif in '86. I'm retiring in another 6 months.....NOT going back to CA. My wife was born and raised there and I lived there from the time I was 6 yrs old; left when I was 20 and have only been back to visit family. Been trying to convince them to move out too.

Wyoming doesn't tax retirement pay.... got a brother-in-law who just retired from the Air Force there. I'm heading for South Dakota.... the eastern side (Sioux Falls). S.D. doesn't tax retirement pay either. S.F. has a very modern hospital and a fairly good sized regional airport that is expanding its operations. We've been researching land out there for a while; it's still available in the areas surrounding S.F. I'm looking to get 20 or more acres, myself.... I plan to raise some bison.

Just my two cents worth. Good luck.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:26 PM

We were recieving info on land from a gal in Wyoming a little while back. I had visions of a 500 acre spread and a simple home for under 250k. It seems the prices of land are pretty high there as well. Im not sure on my retirement in other states, im one of them civil servants that Arnold wants to wack. What the hey, as long as people flush a tiolet I have a job . This spring were going to go in search of a new home. in the mean while keep them suggestions comming ;D
Old 10-11-2003, 05:54 PM
JKE

apache - you can find it here for under 6,000 an acre. there is 135 acres next to the family place for sale......

John
Old 10-11-2003, 08:14 PM

This is all because there are to many people on the planet and most of them are retarded!!

I dont even want to think about whats its going to be like 50 years from now.

very sad world we will be living in

Jason
Old 10-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

5 acres with a 3 room house goes for $12,000 in Calca, Peru.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=apache link=board=10;threadid=20856;start=0#msg195677 date=1065899680]
Alright, Im doing a poll. We had enough here. So I was thinking about making a wheel of fortune style deal with the 50 states and giving it a whirl. Only problem is I am sure that by now all the states I wanted to retire to are as bad as Cali, Utah, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming etc Ill have to eliminate them. People have been bailing out of here like the plauge struck. in a sense it has, the stupidity and greed plauge it seems. I want to look out my window and not see buildings other than my barn. Max population under 1k, GOOD trout fishing, some snows ok, heat is ok, need acerage, min 20, for horses etc, real people ,no tofu, or liberals, no BS. all for the low price of ???. were talkin a million + here now. At least well have some $$$ to buy a new spread. Gotta work still for 15 years or so. In water treatment G#3 treatment.
Got any suggestions????? any real estate agents out there?
Thanks
Apache.
[/quote]

Well....except for the trout fishing part I'd suggest Texas. Specifically, the Hill Country.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:51 PM

Why not consider the Heart Of Dixie., We bought 6.5 acres and only paid about $2500.00 an acre, and No, it's not waste land. The warrior river is only 50 feet from the back of our land, trout fishing in Tenn, or locally in a protected river. I wanted a place big enough that I build a house and let my lap dog run (160lb. rott). We go to the land at night and listen to the crickets chirp and just watch the stars . There is an old Indian woman that lives across the road that raises wolves, it's FUN to get them howling and listen to them late at night. I HATE the lights of any city at night.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:09 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Mexico. Mexico. Mexico. Away from the coast, the borders and the tourists. Up in the mountains. Great climate. No air conditioning required. Where I live the humidity seldom goes above 50%. Great people. (except for the gringos ) I can be on either the east coast or the west coast beaches with an easy day drive. Hop on a plane, come for a visit for a few days and I will show you why this is such a great place to retire.
I have just bought a few acres out in the country and there are NO taxes, no building rules, no nothing. As one of the locals told me, here you are free. Love that!!!!!!! There is a government tree planting program where I am and they will plant all the pines and firs I want on my property for 5 cents a tree planted. Beat that! Our maid come in twice a week and cleans the entire house and does most of the laundry. She considers herself well paid at 240 pesos a week. (US$21.44 at today's rate) Lot's of pluses. Of course there are a few minuses (minus's?) but what place has everything?
BTW, did I mention that Mexico is a great place to retire?
Old 10-11-2003, 09:14 PM

I don't mean to change the subject, but, Mexstan did you ever get an answer to your problem with the pump you asked about a while back for pumping water or find a pump to do what you wanted.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:30 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

PD, yes I did thank you. Thanks for asking.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:49 PM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=20856;start=0#msg195778 date=1065922020]
Well....except for the trout fishing part I'd suggest Texas. Specifically, the Hill Country.
[/quote]

Ahem....New Braunfels has rainbow during a few months of the year,,,,GO TEXAS!!!!!
Where men are men and pansies keep their trap shut.. ;D

Quick Reply: Leaving California!