Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Shovelhead
We could fill out her name and address on all those "You could win a vacation/car/membership to a health spa" contests the the cash registers of convenience stores.

Hehehehe....we could easily teach her to never mess with another DTR member again.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:26 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Thinking along the lines of 15 feet being city property....
Find some junk truck with a worse travel trailer and park it in front of her house on the city's 15 feet of grass. Griswold family Christmas (where the cousin shows up...)
Practical, not really. fun to do, yes....
Old 05-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some dude parked a little baby 1500 Ford directly behind my driveway this last weekend and I backed out as usual and stabed my reciever hitch insert, ball and all, through the door! The Dodge has not a scratch, just some blue paint on the 2 inch ball. The Ford suffered $2900 according to the insurance adjuster.

I think I like the water the best. Water it until it is just complete soup and let her get stuck in it. It would tear up your yard, but well worth the footage you'd get on your recoder from the nearest window! She wouldn't suffer any actual damage, just the embarrassment of being an idiot in front of everyone!

Good luck!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How a bout a good old slit trench Latrine for a week or two
Old 05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by ramlovingvet
How a bout a good old slit trench Latrine for a week or two
Great Idea! Don't forget a nice supply of magazines so that we have something to read when all of us stop by to .....help out
Old 05-20-2005, 01:55 PM

Well, I done some diggin and since I am in Ga, I had a hard time finding the right number, and or person to give me the information that was needed. After about 10 different phone calls, I finally got to talk to the city clerk. She said all it takes is one phone call, and the city will start to take legal action against her.

Seems Pike Road, Alabama has a city ordinance that says you can not park on your front lawn. I asked what about another person's lawn. She said that it did not matter whose lawn it was, that whoevers vehicle it was would be the one wrote up. The city easement is for city government only, and can not be used by civilian transportation without a written permit.

She gave me the phone number to start the action against the lady if JYRO so wants to. I will be PM him this information. First offense is a warning, and after that legal action begins to be taken by the city in the form of fines.... I stopped the clerk at that point, and figured I had all the information that was needed.

I know this is the last day of school, and too little too late, but it is good for JYRo to know.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:48 AM

Seems like since school is out, the problems over but beware of taking pictures, if her son is under 18, you can get in some deep stuff. Someting else you could do if you do indeed own the property, paint your grass a few minutes before she's pulls in. Put a sign up warning of the wet paint to avoid legal issues. It'll look bad for a week or two but as the grass grows, the paint comes out. Hmmm, I bet wet paint is slick too she'll probably spin her tires and the paint will go all over her car. Happens all the time when lines on the road are repainted and as long as it's posted you can't do anything.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:07 AM

School might be over for right now but it will start right back up in August or september, I would have the # ready for the first day of school in the fall
Old 05-23-2005, 12:43 AM

Or...

Since she was *nice* enough to leave you a note explaining her *mistaken* belief that she had a "right" to park on the city right-of-way in front of your house...

Take the high ground...

Go down to the City clerk's office and get a copy of the ordinance that says she cannot park there "under penalty of law", and send it to her (so your not tresspassing or "approching her") along with a short ,friendly,polite note explaining that she was WRONG...that it is against the law to park on that right of way in YOUR town.
Also mention that she can be prosecuted and fined for her mistaken belief *if* the Police should *happen* to drive by at that time of the morning.

You know...your just doing her a favor and letting her know.

You COULD put in the note that you *will* CALL the city if she persists in breaking the law...but that's an implied threat and not a very NEIGHBORLY thing to do...AND it would be too much like her.

Good Luck...

Vinny
Old 05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Perhaps the best idea yet.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:34 PM

I can't believe this thread has gone on for eight pages--actually I'm amazed that I have continued to read it. Are you people just having a good time and are really not serious about all of this payback stuff? If this is not the case and you are really serious, is this really an appropriate, mature response? You can read in the papers all too often about such as this that ends up in violent encounters with injuries and deaths. Maybe I just don't understand Georgia culture.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:38 PM

It's not just Georgia culture - it's redneck culture!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

With the above notice, now that the law is behind you, take a picture of her sitting there and include that with an estimate by a lawn service.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:17 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by floatingpower
I can't believe this thread has gone on for eight pages--actually I'm amazed that I have continued to read it. Are you people just having a good time and are really not serious about all of this payback stuff? If this is not the case and you are really serious, is this really an appropriate, mature response? You can read in the papers all too often about such as this that ends up in violent encounters with injuries and deaths. Maybe I just don't understand Georgia culture.

Lighten up People are having fun!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

I'm gettin there...

Or...

Since she was *nice* enough to leave you a note explaining her *mistaken* belief that she had a "right" to park on the city right-of-way in front of your house...

Take the high ground...

Go down to the City clerk's office and get a copy of the ordinance that says she cannot park there "under penalty of law", and send it to her (so your not tresspassing or "approching her") along with a short ,friendly,polite note explaining that she was WRONG...that it is against the law to park on that right of way in YOUR town.
Also mention that she can be prosecuted and fined for her mistaken belief *if* the Police should *happen* to drive by at that time of the morning.

You know...your just doing her a favor and letting her know.

You COULD put in the note that you *will* CALL the city if she persists in breaking the law...but that's an implied threat and not a very NEIGHBORLY thing to do...AND it would be too much like her.

Good Luck...

Vinny
That is similar to what I am considering doing.

Perhaps the best idea yet.
Hoss, I agree.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by floatingpower
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ramlovingvet Lighten up People are having fun!!!

Ramlovingvet - I agree. I just got through PM'ing someone about this and mentioned that a lot of guys have posted things that I would never do. And that they themselves probably were joking about 90% of it, and that those guys would likely do the same as me, if/when they were in my shoes.

However, I really don't like it when a person from one area of the country implies that there may be something shady about another area of the country. No one area, and no one group of people are better than any other. Only different from what each area or group of people have been exposed to over the course of their lives.

BTW floatingpower - I am not out for any payback. I only want the problem to cease to exist. Either by letting it go and just forget about having grass there, or some means of having the lady NOT WANT to park there. I *think* (I do not communicate very well at times) that I have made it clear that I do NOT want a war with her or her family, or to make any public display. As far as public display ... she's a lady, I'm betting she's blabbed my request (and put a dirty/mean/negative connotation to it) as far across the neighborhood as she could. And I think I have mentioned that I didn't feel it necessary for her to have to be out ~$150 for a tire (but not limited to one tire ) over this. Just a simple solution. I think I may be onto what I need. So chill knucklehead , and let these guys come up with ... creative ideas, to the solution if that's what they care to do. I'm a big enough boy to know the difference between a good idea, and shoots-n-giggles. And besides, I've got a chuckle out of every one of those ... creative ideas.

- JyRO

Quick Reply: Lady parks on my yard. What to do?