Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys, I've been busy lately. Where am I with this? Well, I guess I'm grinning and bearing it. The last day of school is supposed to be 5/19.

HappyGA - I will PM you with the info. I'm not so good at research like you're talking about. I would be ecstatic if you (or anyone) could find data like that.

Thanks guys for your support. I agree, I think she has no intention of being friendly. If someone were to ask me the same thing, I would just do it. Regardless of how it made me feel to comply to their request, I would still do it. However, I would never park on someone's yard to start with. I watched her this morning. 2 cars passed her, very slowly to make the turn at the intersection where she sits. Another 2 cars came the other way and turned at the intersection. There is NO NEED to pull off the road.

Lastly, due to the weather and soil, the ground is very hard there. She's not wearing a nasty 2 track out, but regardless its still there.

- JyRO
Old 05-17-2005, 07:19 PM

Keep the faith!

Well with only two days left, just turn the other cheek, but there is next year. She is wrong about the city "she lives in" owening 15'. This is wrong, they have easement access to this area and if they need to ever widen or run drainage servce ect. that is the intended usage , not her personal parking area.
I personally went thru this with my so called neighbor (person who inhabits the space next to me) and crossing my property line to enter his drive.
Contacted the Parish engineering office and went thru the rules of access and what could be done. No large bolders, no pipes, no nailes(lol, I like that one), shrubs, Ok 4' off road no higher than 3' tall(my areas rule) but no, too much work for me.
My solution was mail box relocation and was the so called neighbor POed. Sure has been quit for 18 months and no more rutts
My best wishes on your solution & keep us up to date..
P.S. your property lines extend to the center of the street as you were told earlier and she is WRONG WRONG WRONG for her treatment of you and your property. Hold on to your sanity and keep the faith..
I would have called the cops long ago .
Old 05-18-2005, 01:43 PM

If the property line extends to the center of the street depends on the area. This is not always true. In my town of Denison, TX, the streets are public property held in trust by the city. In front of my house is a 35' street curb to curb. However the true size of the street is 70'. So, my property line is about 17' closer to my house that the curb. I still would not put up with someone parking in that 17' even if it is public property.

You would need to consult a plat map to determine the actual property line, assuming you live in an area that is platted. If not, you would need the legal description of your place.

I believe that I would do something to stop this encroachment such as a fence or large rocks. I realize you may not be able to build a fence that close to the road, but putting something there to stop this would be worth considering. You could be forced to move it later, but it might change her habit.

Daniel
Old 05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Hot glue a tck to the arm of a rat trap. Set the trap under a nearby bush with a can of silly string on it. Tie some fishing line to the trip arm. When she pulls up, pull the line and she'll get the string all over her car.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:10 PM

another option

.. or you could always post her name here and let us harrass and ruin her life.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Re: another option

Originally posted by tbone
.. or you could always post her name here and let us harrass and ruin her life.
evil, but effective... post mailing address phone# and hand that out the junk mailers and telemarketers with the best time to call being 2100-0000 hours
Old 05-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
We could fill out her name and address on all those "You could win a vacation/car/membership to a health spa" contests the the cash registers of convenience stores.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shovelhead
We could fill out her name and address on all those "You could win a vacation/car/membership to a health spa" contests the the cash registers of convenience stores.

I've still never gotten a straight answer regarding the legality of doing that...
Old 05-18-2005, 08:54 PM

Re: Her response...

Originally posted by JyRO
"................................................. ..."5/6/04
Dear Mr neighbor
You need To look at your property Survey And you Will Find that [the city I live in] own 15 FT off the street. I will be parking here so long as I have a need too. I suggest that you cultivate your Lawn Within the Confines oF your property survey. I Will appreciate you not approaching my vehicle at any time.
thank you"

She did not leave her name, but I have the neighborhood phone list ... I know who she is.

- JyRO
If the city owns 15ft off the street then i'd let her park where she has been. If she lives on the same street then i'd go park in her yard too...Just make sure to stay within 15ft of the street.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just do like they do in Indianapolis around the race track. Make some wooden barricades and set them along the street in your yard. Hopefully she wont park there. Or, you could just get your truck and sit in it during the morning while she is there. If she trys to pull in, move into her way...
Old 05-19-2005, 08:08 AM

I like shovelheads idea. Anyone that has had to suffer through that knows that is an evil plan.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:37 AM

After subscribing her mailbox to everything on earth turn in a mail hold request in her name to the post office.

https://dunsapp.usps.gov/HoldMail.jsp
Old 05-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
That goes beyond 'Harrassment" and into Forgery and Mail Fraud.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:00 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Order a Pizza to her while she's sitting out there.

ANybody remember that Johnny Cash movie where they drove around the city throwing tomatoes out the back of a truck? They snuck up behind a deputy's patrol car and put a tomatoe up the pipe. That was hilarious.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:39 PM

Possesion is 9/10 of the law--her truck is on your property ? put a for sale sign on the windsheild next time she parks there.

Quick Reply: Lady parks on my yard. What to do?