Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot , If she starts cussing you out,in most states that is considered a form of assualt and with the video tape you will have that evidence. Then take her to court.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Borrow a bobcat and cut out a strip about 12 feet wide the entire length of your frontage down to about 24" then fill it in with loose sand and then hydroseed it. Dont forget to water it very well. Kinda like the sand traps at the end of a long grade when you loose your brakes.
Or else string a 3/4 steel cable and tighten it very tight
You always needed something for your pole beans to grow on.

Quote:
"Phone call to Sherriff...Hi officer. I wanted to report a suspicious vehicle parked on my property. It appears to be monitering the actions of school children. Aslo, I believe I saw them loading big bags of fertilizer and some ammonia into the rear of this vehicle too. I just wanted to bring this to your attention."

Also be sure to tell them it looks like she keeps videotaping the children when they get on and off the bus.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:50 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally posted by BEHRMAN
Phone call to Sherriff...
Hi officer. I wanted to report a suspicious vehicle parked on my property. It appears to be monitering the actions of school children. Aslo, I believe I saw them loading big bags of fertilizer and some ammonia into the rear of this vehicle too. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.
Reminds me of a conversation friday with a rancher friend.
He has no trespassing signs around his lake. There was a guy in a boat fishing his lake (which is accessable at one end by the road). He was on the phone with the sheriff reporting the guy. When the disbatcher asked for a vehicle discription or tag number he said "Hold on" and put the phone down. He held his .22-250 over the phone and cycled a round into the chamber. Picked up his phone and walked outside with it and his gun. the rest of the conversation went like this:
Disbatcher: "Are you pointing a gun at the trespasser?"
Him: "I looks like he is driving a Blue Ford."
D: "You shouldn't point a gun at people!"
H: "He is in about a 14' aluminum boat."
D: "Sir, please put the gun away"
H: "I think I see a rifle in his hand. I wil have to call you back."
D: "SIR! "
Click, he hung up the phone. The police were at his lake in 5 minutes, it usually takes him about 10 minutes from the local police station to his house.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Banned

Old 05-14-2005, 05:56 PM

Re: Her response...

Originally posted by JyRO
"................................................. ..."5/6/04
Dear Mr neighbor
You need To look at your property Survey And you Will Find that [the city I live in] own 15 FT off the street. I will be parking here so long as I have a need too. I suggest that you cultivate your Lawn Within the Confines oF your property survey. I Will appreciate you not approaching my vehicle at any time.
thank you"..............

- JyRO
Look, with a note like that, it's pretty obvious that she and you will never be on friendly terms again. Burn your bridges. It's time to get the local gendarme involved if you don't want ruts or dead grass by your road.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Banned

isn't it a federal offense to put notices or notes in someones mailbox?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:52 AM

someone posted it but just get some big rocks to line up along youy property. im sure you could drivearound and find some even....
Old 05-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Plant some Hedge Apple bushes or some other plant with long thorns. If she goes through those she will have some nasty paint scratches...... and the plants look nice.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:17 PM

Call the school district and complain about the kids getting out of hand and trespassing on your property. tell them that you will be filing a complaint if the don't move the bus stop and suggest they put it in front of her house!!!

Problem solved
Old 05-15-2005, 09:01 PM

Put up a fake fire hydrant during the night with a sign that reads " no parking within 20' of hydrant".
Old 05-16-2005, 08:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by bkrukow
Personaly I would call the cops and if they said there is nothing they can/will do, I would get a bottle of Roundup and at abought 3 am spray the first 15 feet of her lawn. Just keep your mouth shut abought it and pay for the roundup with cash. Spray it on real heavy to make sure nothing is going to grow there the rest of the year. On the long term I would make sure to reaply every spring. If its gona be a war might as well be a good one.
If you use some Prestone, nothing`ll grow there for about 5 years (my dad didn`t take too kindly to that ) But I vote for the authorities, and if that fails, sprinkler AND nails.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 AM

Plant some "wild rose hedge" in that area once school is out. By the time school starts, it will be nice and discouraging.

This way, she would be politely discouraged to park here. This hedge can grow tall, as it is a woody plant.

The good thing is, that if someone were to accidentaly drive through it, that it would not hurt them. Unlike hitting a tree you planted or a fence that you built. It would probly help slow them down more than anything.

And if the county comes by and mows it down, it will grow back twice as fast, and twice as thick.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:37 AM

Jyro,

So where are you with this situation today? Last thing you posted was her reply to your letter. What city do you live in. Let me start the process of finding out your ordincances so we can fast track your solution...

I have done a lot of surveying work on our farms, so I can help expedite this part of the plan..
Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 AM

Another "fun" thing to do, go dig up the front of her yard, and use it to replace what she damaged on your yard. Best legal adivce is the cops, and research the city laws to make sure your in the right. Good luck
Old 05-17-2005, 10:46 AM

Call the cops

Yep. Best thing to do. Call the cops. This isn't your fight to fight. The poster above is absolutely correct. It's clear that she isn't interested in being either friendly or a good neighbor.
Tell the cops when she gets there and how long she stays. Take a couple of pictures tomorrow morning with your digital camera. Also, invite your next door neighbor over to witness the picture taking. With the pix, the note and the witness, that should be all you need.
Wait for the cops to show up.

Quick Reply: Lady parks on my yard. What to do?