Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dig a few " drainage trenches" Make it so bumpy that she punctures her oil pan. The grass will still look ok when it's grown in.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:07 AM

OK, let's say there is a 15' easement. Get a 4x4 sheet of plywood and make a billboard 16' off the road, saying:

Mrs. Elen Smith at 2231 Whatever dr. Dispite your rude and un-neighborly attitude, I am asking you again to quit tearing up my grass by parking your grey SUV with tag # xxx111 in my yard. This is the final request, the next step will be in the court room.
Thank you ever so kindly, JyRO

Then place a small sign right in the middle of her tracks, with just her name and an arrow pointing to the billboard.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JyRO,

I appreciate your attitude of wanting to be a good neighbor and not start a war. You also are wise to be cautious when dealing with other races because while most of them are fantastic human beings, there always are a few with a chip on their shoulder and the attitude that they want to be the next civil rights test case (reverse racism if there is such a thing).

Since one of your main concerns is the tracks worn in the grass (I get the impression that you wouldn't be as bothered with her parking there if she weren't leaving tracks), I'd suggest a little bit of lawn improvement work. As previously mentioned, a few steel posts and some wire to form a temporary fence along the road (temporary so that you don't get hassled by the city for buinding on their easement) but then to avoid the appearance of just trying to keep her off, till up the damaged areas and reseed. You, as a good homeowner, will be improving your property and the fence is just to keep people off the freshly seeded area.

BTW, remember that school is about out so this all may stop very soon. You may just want to wait till fall to see if she's still there and still that much of a jerk.

Best of luck.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Banned

Talking Make her NOT want to park there...

Originally posted by upersleder
i would take all the dog crap i could find and line it up in that rut!

try and get the nice gooey stuff, sticks much better
I think I like this idea the best so far. Too bad I can't train my Weimeraner to always go to that spot to poop. She could be trained to do it, but there's too much liability. She might be down there doing her business and somebody jog by. She's a barker. She will stay in the yard, and look at 'em like she's daring them to come up there. They never do, I wouldn't either. But just her barking at them is potential trouble, so I corral that as much a possible. She's a great watchdog. I'd just leave her out, but her nose sometimes gets the best of her and no telling where she might wind up. Overall, she's too risky.

Guys, I can't believe all the great replys. Some of the stuff, while I'm sure your intentions are good, I just think is entirely innappropriate. I would never want to 'advertise' to the rest of the neighborhood, that there is an issue. No signs or anything like that will be displayed. I'd rather have the chance to be friends with, at least her husband, in the future, than to have an automatic enemy.

I don't even think I'll put dog poop down there ... yet. This is what I think I'll do.

1. I'll walk out there in the morning with my digital camera ... making sure its set to flash. Take pictures of her sitting there making sure she notices that I'm doing it. That alone *should* give her the idea that I'm taking steps and building evidence. Maybe she will cut it out from that alone.

2. She always gets there about 6:50 am, and sits there until about 7:05 am. If she doesn't stop after that, I'll try to have the sherriff's department out there inspecting my camper, getting there just before her. I'll have the dep-uh-dee park his car where she's bound to see it. I'll discuss the dilema with the guy. Mentioning the liability, show him her note, etc.

Lastly - Do you guys want me to 'paraphrase' her note on here as a reply. Might be interesting for you guys to see ~ what was written.

- JyRO
Old 05-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

Post Her response...

"................................................. ..."5/6/04
Dear Mr neighbor
You need To look at your property Survey And you Will Find that [the city I live in] own 15 FT off the street. I will be parking here so long as I have a need too. I suggest that you cultivate your Lawn Within the Confines oF your property survey. I Will appreciate you not approaching my vehicle at any time.
thank you"

She did not leave her name, but I have the neighborhood phone list ... I know who she is.

- JyRO
Old 05-13-2005, 04:29 PM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
Put some dead road kil down there...IE skunks
Old 05-13-2005, 05:52 PM

get the biggest dogs you can find and walk them in the 'city' portion of her yard. Makes a nice little park for walking the pooch.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:41 PM

If the city in fact does own the property, stop paying taxes on that part and send them a bill for maintenance on it. Bet you find out it is yours real quick.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like how she says she would "appreciate" you not aproching her vehicle at any time. I am sure you would "appreciate" her not making a parking lot out of your yard too but that dont seem to matter.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:05 PM

If you can, grit your teeth until school's out.
Instead, redirect your anger into preparation...

KNOW YOUR ENEMY!:Find out as much as you "legally" can about this person.. Don't do something stupid in this regard...

Get busy checking out your municipality's ordnances on street and property easements, building lines, restrictions on landscaping the street parking area etc. Find out about traffic laws in your state and city.

If it IS the city's property, there HAS to be a law restricting the operation of a motor vehicle to the confines of a defined STREET... The dimensions of a city street are VERY clearly defined on the books.(as she so ineloquently maintains!).
The grass behind a curb can not be a street but will be at minimum, an "easement" and it should be clear to the L.E.O. you contacted and became acquainted with in the research phase, that a motor vehicle has been willfully and improperly operated by this "person".

If it fortunately turns out it is YOUR property, she's trespassing!
Either way, now its time to get sweaty...

Time for a nice passive defense system:
For this summer you ARE planning on some some HUGE limestone bolders for lawn landscaping (if permitted by ordinances)... RIGHT? After all, if Home Depot can do it to their street entrance to keep 18wheelers from messing up their grass, shouldn't you be able to too?
And after all, if your decorative boulders have been in place all summer, it COULDN'T be a directed retribution, could it?

A backup, active denial system:
And just to ensure your lawn's looks remain like you want it, you ARE planning on an AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEM right?..
So what it is timed to come on at JUST the right time in the morning for optimum "grass health" RIGHT? (keeping her off it WILL promote its health!)

Remember: try to maintain plausible deniability at all times...

IF and WHEN she persists in parking on your sprinkler heads, snapping them off at the Tee and rutting your soft yard, your Sony videocamera on a tripod in your front living room window documented the date and time of the damage. Contact your friend the L.E.O and hand this info over to him. Hopefully a nice fatherly "chat" from the LEO and the real threat of fines/court will disuade her from needing to park on your property. Stay cool... Use the law to your advantage... Cross your fingers...

But WHEN she does it yet again, contact the law again, but this time be fully prepared to REALLY escalate your response to hit her where it will hurt, in her pur$e! Submit ALL your costs, damages, real and incidental expenses and put it all on her head... In COURT.

Keep on the up-and-up at all times.. DONT LOSE YOUR COOL!!! To do so gives HER ammo against you.. Remember! He who angers you, controls you...
This is now WAR... You can't use half measures dealing with some people...
It needs to be a decisive battle.. USE the law, don't battle against it, but buy more blank video tapes...

If all else fails,... NOW reacquaint yourself with the directions printed on the claymores...

K.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Ian

park your truck in her living room
Old 05-13-2005, 07:55 PM

im curious to find out what she would do if u set up your camera set on u while youre in your chair reading the morning papper in the middle of the tracks she has made. but then again im the guy that would start plucking away at the paint with bb's from a far.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:35 PM

This sounds like deja vu to me all over again. I mow a state owned 40x100' piece of the median between my driveway property and the U.S. highway. I tolerated "cars for sale'' , picnic lunch breaks, trash and diaper deposits, and parked without permission vehicles for some time before I got fed up when one particular culprit. I called the county mgr and asked what he recommended and then I did each one. Tell him/her you'll do the maintenance on the property if they will let you plant a row of small evergreen plants that do not block vision around the intersection. But be aware though this means you have to mow around them.
Nat
Old 05-13-2005, 08:37 PM

Phone call to Sherriff...
Hi officer. I wanted to report a suspicious vehicle parked on my property. It appears to be monitering the actions of school children. Aslo, I believe I saw them loading big bags of fertilizer and some ammonia into the rear of this vehicle too. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:53 AM

Just call the cops and not only take pictures but use a video tape. That way when the hostility starts you will have it on tape.

Quick Reply: Lady parks on my yard. What to do?