Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Huh?

Originally posted by ramlovingvet
My Old Stand by Claymores but wait till the bus has gone.
LOL
I'm drawing a blank. Tell me what these are, what you're talking about. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:39 PM

Pull the big CTD up there and park it one night; and see if she can get in there then. If i were asked something as simple as that i would stop; and i wouldnt pull in my neighbors yard in the 1st place. I like the sprinkler idea pretty good. You could build a fence; but thats kinda aggrovating for nothing. Sounds to me like she's just wanting to be a buthole. And if she continued to act like that i think i would do just what you said; and plow the big CTD right into the "first 15 feet" of her yard.

Eric
Old 05-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Huh?

Originally posted by JyRO
I'm drawing a blank. Tell me what these are, what you're talking about. Thanks.
CLAYMORE MINE

Old 05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Banned

Post not possible...

There's too much length of front yard to cover to keep her from parking there. Its about 8 to 10 car lengths long, she would just stop on one side or the other. She wouldn't recognize my truck anyway, I keep it out of sight She'd just think it was another neighbor parking there.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

Shovelhead, nice idea, but I think that just a wee tad too agressive.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:54 PM

Deleted that post............

It would make for a bigger cleanup (but hopefully only one-time), but leave the sprinkler on overnight in that area.........Gravity will do the rest............
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Banned

I don't know if this has any bearing, but it may. I want to say this correctly so noone gets offended. I sometimes don't communicate well.

I am a caucasian. She is not a caucasian. I wonder if she is trying to be uppity/stubborn about it because she may be assuming that I have some "prejudice" against her race. Maybe she thinks that if she were caucasian I wouldn't have cared if she parks there. Which is not true.

I do care about her, her feelings, and the safety of her child. But I do not believe that any of those things would be endangered by not parking in my yard.

Does that sound offensive? Hope not.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:00 PM

Get some giant landscaping boulders and line them up against the road. if she gets to close she will be visiting a body shop. They are a little expensive just to make a point though!
Old 05-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned

To enter my driveway, you go over a drainage tunnel. There are good size rocks 'trimming' the drain to the driveway. I *could* displace them ... temporarily.

But then again, I'd rather be friends than to have a nagging enemy / tension in the neighborhood.

- JyRO
Old 05-12-2005, 05:05 PM

A small sign at "her" entrance warning of tire damage, followed by a homemade stop stick in her path. A 1x4 with a few spike nails should get results. A photo of the sign ahead of the stopstick should prove her stupidity to the court, especially if her car is past the sign in the picture.
What good will a no trespassing or a no parking sign do for you "legaly"?

Just my random thoughts
Old 05-12-2005, 05:07 PM

Any way you look at it at this point, someone is going to be ticked off.

Call the local PD, and see if they will drop by one morning and let THEM encourage her not to tresspass in your yard.
That's what they get paid for.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Banned

Too much liability. Some kid could step on it.

Putting up a sign would alert every neighbor that drives by there, that there is a fight being made. Then calls from neighbors to neighbors would be made and the rest of the neighborhood would have to do a drive by. No telling what would happen then.

Too much of a public display.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Banned

I actually do need to Sheriff's department to come out to inspect my 5th wheel. Either that or I have to drag it down to the probate office just for tags. The sheriff's dept can document the V.I.N. # and sign it and I take that to the probate office.

I guess I could have them come out just before she gets there. She's see them in the driveway and possibly assume I'm taking steps. Maybe that would change her mind. I doubt it. Some people just want to fight.

- JyRO
Old 05-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Huh?

Originally posted by Shovelhead
CLAYMORE MINE

And the text you just barely can't read in the pic says "toward enemy" I do believe.

JyRO, I think just call the cops first and see if they'll do anything. They probably wouldn't where I live, but it's a large city, with lots of donut shops to guard. (That's a joke, kids, before anybody flames me.)

Some of these ideas are great, but you end up paying for them too, maybe more than once if the city ever has to make use of the right-of-way for some reason. If you make a mudhole, you end up with the ruts. Landscaping or planting takes work. A fence sounds expensive and doesn't make sense unless you need it otherwise. I don't know, I'm trying to figure out how to get a new neighbor to quit parking in his yard. Maybe I'll go build him a fence next to his driveway so he'll stay in it.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm

Im not one for goofin off like that, specially when they keep at it.. Id say shift into four when it has rained and tear up her yard too, or just plain.. err.. hook the CTD to the thing at one point and just drag her outta your yard.. TRESPASSING.. goofy ideas.. but hey im stumped..

Tx

Quick Reply: Lady parks on my yard. What to do?