Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the dead skunk idea, that would sure wake her up!! Smell would leave yard in a week or two. And you could put up a roadside memorial for the pet skunk, make her look like a cold blooded murderer!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:29 PM
LCH

Diffantly would let the law handle it, She sounds like the insane type, any updates?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

Fellers -

School started this week. So far I have not noticed her parking there any longer, or any dirt/mud tracks leaving the area. It has rained a ton here, almost every late afternoon, so the ground is pretty soggy.

My son started Kindergarten this year and is riding the bus. So he catches the bus at this corner. I have another neighbor or two who bring their kids to this corner. He has never pulled into the yard, just sets at the edge of the road. I guess he feels there's no reason to tear up a yard when only 1 to 3 cars will even pass him before the bus comes. And he's of the same ethnicity as her. I talked to him the other morning while my 5 y.o. and his daughters waited for the school bus. A great guy.

So here's the update. I called the city administrative office during the summer. I talked to a lady, she said she'd talk to the city lawyer and call me back the next day. She didn't call and couple weeks went by before I remembered it again and I called her back. She said she talked to the city lawyer and he said that she has the right to park there because its a public easement. But, I'm thinking she may not have even talked to the lawyer and just told me this to close the issue, so I wouldn't call her back again. The way she talked about it, made it seem this way to me.

But hey, as long as she quits parking there, I don't care about whether she has the right or not. So far so good.

JyRo, let us know the status when you get a minute. If she still insists on parking there I would walk out and talk to her while her son is waiting for the bus, make it look like you are hitting on her. Tell her you missed her over the summer, and you are so glad she is back, it really perks up your morning. Then show her your johnson!!
This actually may be the best idea yet. As ugly as I am, after hanging out talking to her for 3 or 4 mornings, she'd probably make her son walk to the bus stop. He is older than elementary school because he doesn't ride the same bus as my son.

During the summer when mowing the grass and I see her drive by, I always make a big ole cheesie smile (like this ) and slightly exaggerate an enthusiastic wave at them. I get a chuckle out of doing, even if you guys think its lame.

Not an exciting update, but I wanted to let you guys know, that I am hovering around.

- JyRO
Old 08-17-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Older than elementary... gets a ride from his mother.......... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:06 PM

JyRo just read "some" of this post and noticed you are a neighbor... no I don't live four houses down from you but really just around the corner. I hope the problem is solved. I hate when people do things that are legal but not ethical. Everyday I seem to be surrounded by people with a lack of common sense or respect for others. If the problem continues keep us posted who knows she may not only want to stop parking in your yard but move to a different neighborhood..............with a little persuasion.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:27 PM

200 posts and plenty of ideas later, I sure hope this problem doesnt come back for ya, JyRo.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:05 AM

I thought Tayloe08 was gonna say that this was HIS WIFE

PISTOL
Old 08-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Banned

Over 200 replies, over 7000 views.

IS this woman still alive?

IF so..... she has squatters rights in your yard.

You will have to move out of the neighborhood, sorry, that's the law.

HEY wait, I just read you last post about the cheesie smile.

MAYBE this old gal has the hots for you. Is she good looking, young
husband goes to work EARLY, there might be some prospects here.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:22 PM

If she was I sure wouldn't admit it here. I have done some stupid things but not that stupid......I hope!!! I really read nearly half the posts before I noticed we were neighbors.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Chapter President

I commend JyRO on his restraint. I sure as heck would have said something to her. Actually I would have brought the 12 guage out, a couple of beers and set up the chase lounge exactly 16ft from the road. then i would have had a friend toss clay pigeons for me. That would have scared the kids, but she would have gotten the idea that i bought the land so i could use it, not her- for parking.

But in all seriousness, yes the above is a joke, since you're such a nice and easy going guy, i just have one question:

CAN I MOVE IN NEXT DOOR?